My African experience with George the greek

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky58

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I met George the greek outside a bottelstore in June last year in Grahamstown . His bike a 1200 GS was loaded full and I mean full . Noticed that it had Mexican plates on it . Started chatting to him and ended up inviting him home to sleep at my place .
When I phoned my wife to let her know that a greek guy on a Mexican bike was coming to spend the night , she asked me if she should lock my three university going daughters in the bed room . I said I think so . Any way George came and spent the night and we drank lots of wine and chatted late into the night . I let my daughters out eventually . A very interesting man .
He left the next morning and said he would visit later in the year . And so he did , he arrived two days before Christmas with his beautiful girlfriend Makerina who he met in Argentina . He ended staying for  a few days . Makerina was flying back to Argentina a few day later and he was heading back to Greece through Africa . I asked him if I could go with him as far as Maliwe. He agreed. I decided I would leave him in Maliwe an  go west through Zambia to Caprivi and down through Namibia to Cape Town and back to Grahamstown.

Attachments

• DSCN6742.jpg
    DSCN6742.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 583