Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: 2014 Annual Rebel Zinyala Run  (Read 2821 times)

Offline Heimer

• Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Kan nie ALZ onthou nie
2014 Annual Rebel Zinyala Run
« on: August 21, 2014, 11:03:21 am »

*SIGH*

Matriek getuigskrif 1979: ........... is 'n vriendelike seun met volop selfvertroue. Hy tree soms vreemd op. Die skool se beste wense vergesel hom.

Offline Veldbrand

• Super Saaiber Slet
  • Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Hou die blink kant in!
    • Koedoeskloof Country Lodge
Re: 2014 Annual Rebel Zinyala Run
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 11:05:00 am »

Co-ordinates: S33 30.300 E21 10.258  http://www.koedoeskloof.co.za/  facebook - Koedoeskloof Country Lodge, Dwarsrivier, Ladismith, WC
Life is like hitch hiking, just when you think you're not going to get a lift, you don't.

Offline bud500

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 11:05:06 am »
 :spitcoffee:
May the bridges I burn light the way...

Offline Panne

• Bike: KTM 1090 Adventure R
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 11:13:43 am »
Swifspeare is seker nog besig daarmee!! :imaposer:
"Daar is honde wat maar net hoef te knor. Dit is di wat reeds tevore gewys het dat hulle kan byt." - C.J. Langenhoven

Offline Heimer

• Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Kan nie ALZ onthou nie
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 11:15:40 am »

Besig om bleddie niks daaraan te doen nie  ::)

Matriek getuigskrif 1979: ........... is 'n vriendelike seun met volop selfvertroue. Hy tree soms vreemd op. Die skool se beste wense vergesel hom.

Offline Veldbrand

• Super Saaiber Slet
  • Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Hou die blink kant in!
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 11:18:04 am »
Useless nation, no pride in their work....

Co-ordinates: S33 30.300 E21 10.258  http://www.koedoeskloof.co.za/  facebook - Koedoeskloof Country Lodge, Dwarsrivier, Ladismith, WC
Life is like hitch hiking, just when you think you're not going to get a lift, you don't.

Offline Panne

• Bike: KTM 1090 Adventure R
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 11:18:32 am »

Besig om bleddie niks daaraan te doen nie  ::)

Al wat hy nou aan kan dink is die LAW wat hy besig is om te koop. ;D
"Daar is honde wat maar net hoef te knor. Dit is di wat reeds tevore gewys het dat hulle kan byt." - C.J. Langenhoven

Offline cocky

• Ryyyyyy net ASFB.
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 11:30:24 am »
Sifty is taking delivery of his new Ford Ranger today, so he does not have time to attend to such matters. :peepwall:
Just because your past did not turn out like you wanted it to does not mean your marriage will not be better than you ever imagined it could be.
Die Kaapse Hoender!

Offline Veldbrand

• Super Saaiber Slet
  • Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Hou die blink kant in!
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 11:32:40 am »
I've heard he's not the most pleasant oke but surely he didn't ride out to Zinyala on his own did he? :pot:
Or can't the other ous spell? :pot: :pot:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 11:33:21 am by Veldbrand »

Offline Hondsekierie

• Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • Away we go!!! Bikes: 690RFR, 950SE, 990Adv
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2014, 07:13:21 am »
Sal later vandag paar fotos en klein RR gooi.  MadMike is eintlik die man wat moet fotos post, hy het afterall 90% van die fotos geneem.

There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep Sea, and music in its roar:
I love not Man the less, but Nature more"

Offline Minxy

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 09:44:59 pm »
This year I get invited to join for the annual Zinyala trip. Wow what an honour, I get to be an "outjie" for the weekend and ride with the boys  :ricky:

We meet up at the garage next to the New China mall in Zambezi and do some high speed dirt roads up to Pienaars Rivier. A few drinks are had and we carry on to do a combination of fast dirt roads, with a few intermittent technical sections. Lots of sand and rocks on these. They were a whole lot of fun. Unfortunately Circlip, with his Tenere 660 binned it on one of these sections. Sorry Jaco :( He was a bit sore for the rest of the weekend and decided to take it easy.

We stop for a lunch break at Koekepan, have more drinks and some yummy burgers. From here on we kept a good pace all the way to Zinyala. There were some very sandy sections and a few scares were had. No further incidents, except for Bushtrotter's flat tyre, which we quickly fixed. Arriving at Zinyala we got to meet the owner and co. They were nice enough to clean up the road leading to the bushcamp for us, removing most of the really bad rocks. The ride up the hill was pretty smooth compared to previous years, I guess. And everyone got over no problem.

The evenings festivities consisted of much drinking, braaing and just having a super fun time. It was really lekker just to relax and kuier.

Saturday morning, our group decided to split up in two. One group would do the longer, but faster Makekeng / Daggakraal / Visgat route, while we would do the Rankins / Marakele route. The plan was that we would eventually join up for lunch in Vaalwater.

Our group consisted of myself, HSK, Franna, Bushtrotter, Pofmuis and Mad Mike.
Rankins pass and the roads leading up to it were really beautiful. Some tight twists and turns, combined with the scenic views made this route really awesome. The Marakele road itself proves to be quite challenging and 5/6 of us get caught out by the sandmonster. After the worst sand is over there are some deep ruts and rocky step ups. There's really a bit of everything on this road and it makes for a lekker technical ride.
We arrive in Vaalwater as everyone else is leaving. Fine we'll eat by ourselves... I have the most delicious Schnitzel ever, the food at Big 5 is truly great. The rest of the roads leading back to Zinyala were very easy going. HSK and I have a little dice over the Zinyala hill. Now we not exactly wheelie-ing over the entire stretch, but we really try to give it our best shot.
The North West guys who were delayed in Vaalwater the day before make it to Zinyala and we get to meet them when we arrive at the bushcamp.

Saturday night we have a lekker spitbraai and get to hang out with some of the local farmers. We were pretty tired and hit the hay a bit earlier, missing out on the rough stuff.

Sunday morning we say our goodbyes as the group splits a final time to go home. A few of us take the Rooiberg / Assen dirt roads towards Brits. We have a quick stop over at Beestekraal and do the Canal roads all the way to Cock & Bull in Hartebeespoort where we meet more friends. After some T-Bones we head back home to Pretoria and do our last bit of dirt on the Schurweberg road.

Again, a big thanks to Swifty and others who helped organize the event. Thanks for inviting me once again, hope I didn't dissapoint.

Ok, so these are all the pictures I got:

Kevin ZA and Red Rider

Rolling Stone, Muddog and Orange Swifty

Franna and Mad Mike

Stopping for some drinks at Pienaars Rivier.
Franna, Minxy, Pofmuis, Madmike and Rolling Stone

Group Photo!

Using the SE to put on some make up :D

Rankins pass

Saturday out ride around Marakele. Bushtrotter has some bad luck with front tyre punctures.

Some of the sand we had to ride through.

HSK in the sand

Minxy

Pofmuis doing what he does best.

This leads to some rocky step ups on the Marakele road.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 03:01:53 pm by Minxy »
*              ★.`.★   "I'm in love with a strict machine"  ★.`.★               *
www.facebook.com/barbara.muszynski/ Hit follow!
Current: KTM 950SE, Husqvarna 701, KTM 500, Honda LS 125 Previous: Honda Africa Twin CRF 1000 DCT, KTM 950 SE, KTM 950 Adv, Aprilia 650 Pegaso Trail, BMW G450X, Husqvarna 350FE, KTM 690RFR
Ride Reports:
Xmas Xtreme - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=233018.0 Old Mill Drift -  http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=234804.0

Offline Veldbrand

• Super Saaiber Slet
  • Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Hou die blink kant in!
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2014, 07:40:45 am »
Lekker and thanks Minxy but now how about some of the skinner, skandes and smutt?
We all know it wasn't a Sunday school outing.... >:D :pot: :biggrin:

Offline ROOI

• XR650R YZ 250 2t WR AKA Red Rider
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2014, 08:57:37 am »
Lekker and thanks Minxy but now how about some of the skinner, skandes and smutt?
We all know it wasn't a Sunday school outing.... >:D :pot: :biggrin:
She had to sign a non disclosure agreement before hand  :thumleft:
FTS

Offline Veldbrand

• Super Saaiber Slet
  • Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Hou die blink kant in!
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2014, 09:13:48 am »
Was it THAT bad??? :biggrin:
I'm sure if the contract wasn't in Polish she can always claim she didn't really understand all of the fine print....

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2014, 09:32:04 am »
 :sip:
Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDX250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - XT660R Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold - XT660Z - current

Offline ROOI

• XR650R YZ 250 2t WR AKA Red Rider
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2014, 10:13:23 am »
I'm sure if the contract wasn't in Polish she can always claim she didn't really understand all of the fine print....
Afrikaans dude en sy verstaan goed genoeg  :thumleft:
FTS

Offline Minxy

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2014, 12:53:28 pm »
Afrikaans dude en sy verstaan goed genoeg  :thumleft:

Jip jip! Daar was niks vir my weggesteek nie ;)
*              ★.`.★   "I'm in love with a strict machine"  ★.`.★               *
www.facebook.com/barbara.muszynski/ Hit follow!
Current: KTM 950SE, Husqvarna 701, KTM 500, Honda LS 125 Previous: Honda Africa Twin CRF 1000 DCT, KTM 950 SE, KTM 950 Adv, Aprilia 650 Pegaso Trail, BMW G450X, Husqvarna 350FE, KTM 690RFR
Ride Reports:
Xmas Xtreme - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=233018.0 Old Mill Drift -  http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=234804.0

Offline Veldbrand

• Super Saaiber Slet
  • Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Hou die blink kant in!
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2014, 01:21:07 pm »
DIT, kon nie mooi gewees het nie!

Offline Brandt

• Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2014, 08:34:56 pm »
Thanks for the RR, looks like a lot of fun  :thumleft:

Offline Poffmuis

• aka Newguy
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Rally rally rally
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2014, 05:23:49 pm »