Goin riding with the MX boys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grootseun

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GSA
I have been invited by one of my mates (ride’s a Ducati 996 and ktoom 450 or sumthin enduro) to join them on a run close to where we live. I had some mixed feelings about joining the mx’ers on their ride, after all, I ride a elephant in relation to their nimble ponies.. I was also quite surprised that I would be invited by the enduro boys but then realised that there is none of that elitist bullshit discussed so many times on forums everywhere.

But then it dawned on me…”Why the hell not?” on the rides I have joined with forum members, the road up and down the crater was the most technical bit (other than the breedtsnek ouens that went up babyhead hill) encountered on the forum rides. And I have really been wanting to do more technical riding.

The comments on 650 vs 1200 got me thinking that I really do not use my bike to it’s full capabilities…I would also like to enhance my own riding abilities by nudging the envelope every now and then. The only thing holding me back is the fact that if something has to happen with my scoot I will be transportless, nor do I have one of those little money trees in the back garden.

So I have decided this, and it is of utmost importance to mentally prepare for a ride like this.

1) I have nothing to prove.
2) I am going to have fun
3) I have lots to learn
4) Turning around and heading back is not a shame
5) Take pictures. (hopefully I will have the use of a digital)
6) Relax… it’s only a bike.
7) 190kg’s aint that heavy in the big scheme of things.

I will try my utmost to post a ride report. I am quite excited to see how stofdonkie and rider will fare in the roughstuff.