Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: DS Magazine  (Read 1990 times)

Offline Kaboef

• Jedi Knight
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
    • CFO Consult SA
DS Magazine
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2006, 05:20:24 pm »
I emailed Jako a while ago about more DS articles in WEG. By the way, he is a member of this forum..
He said it's tough to squeeze DS stuff in with all the 4x4 guys out there demanding 4x4 orientated reading. He however tries to sneak a little DS related info past the editor now and again. But he promised :wink:  more DS stuff in future.
And he's got the 1150GS, not adventure.

Every Tuesday in Die Burger there is an article written by Sotkop (also a forum member) about how he explores the Western Cape and Boland. www.oppad.co.za   Good reading, and interesting rides. Planning one of those for Friday maybe.
And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

www.cfoconsult.co.za

Offline JourneyMan

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Pretoria
DS Magazine
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2006, 05:30:51 pm »
Quote from: "Kaboef"
I emailed Jako a while ago about more DS articles in WEG. By the way, he is a member of this forum..
He said it's tough to squeeze DS stuff in with all the 4x4 guys out there demanding 4x4 orientated reading. He however tries to sneak a little DS related info past the editor now and again. But he promised :wink:  more DS stuff in future.
And he's got the 1150GS, not adventure.

Every Tuesday in Die Burger there is an article written by Sotkop (also a forum member) about how he explores the Western Cape and Boland. www.oppad.co.za   Good reading, and interesting rides. Planning one of those for Friday maybe.

Waar is Sotkop? Lanklaas gehoor van hom. Geniet sy skryfwyse! :lol:  Suiwer Afrikaans op sy beste. "Link" - Buiteskakel. Gonna. Ernstig oor die Afrikaanse taal maar so mooi as dit reg gebruik word.
He who angers you, controls you.

Offline Kaboef

• Jedi Knight
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
    • CFO Consult SA
DS Magazine
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2006, 05:34:08 pm »
Sotkop het sy naam verander, hy is nou Oppad.

(ek hoop nie ek verwar nou iemand met iemand anders nie)

Kyk die forum sticker op www.oppad.co.za
 :D  :D
And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

www.cfoconsult.co.za

shark_za

DS Magazine
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2006, 05:39:08 pm »
Starring Jan Sotkop en die Rooi Muil.

Long live the KLR.

Oppad

DS Magazine
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2006, 12:29:42 pm »
Here I am (the poster/poser formerly known as Sotkop) and thank you for the kind words. Changed the nick as I wanted to establish more formal links between this forum and the Oppad site/articles and thought that the old nick could reflect badly. Whaddafook.

On the topic of a dedicated ds magazine: You may be interested to know that more than 50% of the feedback from the Oppad articles are from ds riders or fellows interested in getting into the thing. It's a bit silly for relatively inexperienced me to try and answer all their questions so I do some referring to this site and I've put up a link as well.

Taking my cue from this feedback I am also slowly starting to put more emphasis on the ds aspect than just writing about the destinations and places to see. I know of no formal plans to start a dedicated magazine but if I read the signs correctly something may eventually develop under the Weg banner.

At Weg they're all keen ds'ers. Apart from Jaco, the editor in chief has a GS 1150 (and has been to the Caprivi on an XT years ago) , the article editor and the guy in the Gauteng office both have Dakars and a newly appointed sub recently traded his GS650 for a 1150. All Bee-ems... they must pay better in that section of the company. Among the male staff it's only the deputy editor who refuses to get a scooter (he's also a Stormers fan but otherwise he's an excellent guy), but we're working on him.

Offline Rooibaard

DS Magazine
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2006, 12:35:43 pm »
Just got the topbike with the ktm in front, they have a quick comparison of the kawa DS bikes available here, and one on the ktm.
Didn't expect to see that in there.
-
This is not a signature

Offline BlouVark

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
DS Magazine
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2006, 02:52:33 pm »
An American dual sport magazine

http://www.dualsportnews.com/index.html
You can always rinse the surface
but the stain will remain.