My most Xstreme Adventure..Kalahari Bash 2014 here I come...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TWE-TWE

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
After being a Wild Dog on the Adventure Riding Forum, I came to enjoy the wild chatter and batter and light entertainment of  people who love their bikes and can't wait to go for a ride..!

I recently met almost a hundred Wild Dogs(and potensial WD's) at the Tiekiedraai Brekvis Bash...

I love a challenge, and I do endurance sports and want to overcome my fears...

I have only done 350 km on a motorbike... so you can imagine how daunting the long distance and "dangers" on a 1000km roadtrip must sound to me.. after checking out the Kalahari Bash 2014, I immediatly decided it is to far, to many days away ect..

But at 04h00 last Thursday I woke up with a "start" and a feeling of: Screw it ,lets do it"

The deciding actor was the fact that I started motorbiking for Pink Trees For Pauline as an awareness campaign, to get people to go to their GP's sooner and get checked out regulary..

I'm involved with a lot of charity projects in our local community. Pink Trees fo Pauline being the biggest...
We can make a difference.. WRAPPED IN COLOUR, UNITED IN HOPE AGAINST CANCER !

We call the cancer-patients in Somerset-East/Coockhouse/Pearston area the "Untouchables"..

"Casting from Turd" ..John Aldeman from Addo, was a big inspiration to me...he rode with his pink tutu, to make his wife, Cheryl, smile...
So why can't I give our "Untouchables" hope and inspire people to live life, while they still have the energy and good health!!!

.........In the process overcoming my own fears and empowering myself even more...

So in my ignorance.. here is my plan:
1. Get a map of the best pssible offroad "green" route
2. Technical lesson as soon as possible
3. Gear up my excercise program
4. Go on as many motorbike rides as possible on weekends...lekker...
5. A Back- up team
6. Get people to ride with me..
7. Breaking every negative thought pattern in my mind

I challenge the Eastern Cape Wild dogs to go to the Kalahari Bash .....  :ricky:

Status
Not open for further replies.