Does the R1200LC need an AM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 890 Adventure R
I have been supplying Accelerator Modules for many years, with many satisfied riders.
I essence the Accelerator Module corrects lean air/fuel mixtures prescribed by EU emission legislation. Lean mixtures can cause snatchy/sensitive throttles, surging, lack of torque, pinging and vibration. The AM optimizes the air/fuel mixture under acceleration only (by telling the ECU that it is 20° colder than ambient temperature) by making it richer. Benefits are a less sensitive throttle, more torque at low rpm, better usable rev range - especially towards the bottom end, smoother and cooler motors reducing pinging. R1200GS owners specifically reported smoother engines, more responsive throttles, "easier wheelying", reducing pinging. "I had installed the normal version of the GSA and I noticed more flexibility at low revs".
A new accelerator module has been designed specifically for the LC. Before I finalize the order for AM's for other models (R1150s, R1200s, F800s, Stens, Triumphs), a question: Can the new LC do with an Accelerator Module, or is the standard LC setup good enough?

Attachments

• Accelerator module1.jpg
    Accelerator module1.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 468