Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Agressive cage drivers - Update... Update Shumi !!!!  (Read 33726 times)

Offline plaky

Re: Agressive cage drivers - Update!!!!
« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2014, 02:36:05 pm »
I believe that one has to do what can be done to get a message across, he was and is the one who got everyone hot under the collar. We can not sit back and take the abuse of any nature and there is no recourse for the offender. The legal way is far too slow and 99% of the time will not pan out.

I am not saying go in guns blazing but get creative with how we deal with it.

And say someone decides to 'get creative'.

One scenario:
So now there's something that may or may not happen to him.
People talk about it.
Someone here reads it and decide to join in (ie 'PM me his address').

So that someone then decides to act out his creative side.

(Bear in mind this is might be a different someone from the one that had 1st hand experience with this tjop)

Then he rocks up there one day and maybe they meet face to face. Things turn ugly and things really turn serious. Someone gets hurt and questions are asked afterwards.
'Why did you confront him ?'.
'Someone told me he is being a prick'
'Who told you ?'

Links get made back to here and hey presto everyone on here that mentioned dishing out justice have their forum names translated (by power of the justice system) into real e-mail addresses and there you have an issue for a couple of people who all went on a retelling of an interaction.

Another option is that every guy that read the story here now 'interact' with him on some level when they encounter him on the road (regardless of if he actually did something wrong that day or not). He will learn to hate all bikers even more and it won't be long before he start to notice the paw on helmets and bikes.
Guys like this will not see reason - they will only learn to hate more.

Confronting someone (or even threatening him) from a platform like this is very dangerous. Especially since it is possible that one of the 'instigators' have a very subtle idea in mind (that might actually be fine), but someone else's idea of 'subtle' is to just un-holster his gun and showing it to the guy (instead of pointing it at him).

One should not start a mass retaliation on a public platform.

I do understand that the 'proper' channels doesn't guarantee getting anything done, but acting on something like this to 'get the message across' will guarantee that nothing will happen when official channels get involved after the fact. In fact - it might even backfire quite badly.

Proving that an oke was driving like a twatwaffle is difficult.
Proving that there was a conspiracy against said guy when it was planned/talked about on a public forum (and in a place on the forum where you don't have to be logged in to be able to see it) is going to be dead easy.

Eisbein, you make some very relevant points and I agree with you in most cases. The issue that I have, which is quite tragic in SA, is that we have a driver like this that has total disrespect for everyone around him and he feels he is untouchable as he continues to intimidate people at random. How does one realistically approach this problem so that this dude will understands and get the message to refrain from acting the way he does? Will it take for him to hurt or worse, kill someone for something to be done. Then that is too late. I am all for a conservative approach as this hopefully will hopefully get the message across but some people just don't understand or want to understand as they think they are bullet proof. I certainly would not want to get injured or loose my life by confronting this guy, it is not worth it, but I would feel very shit if he kills a biker due to his arrogance and disrespect and we did not try and get our message across. I would be the first one to go and lay a complaint at the Police station but they have higher  priorities to deal with. It would probably get lost in the system and nothing will get done. So, back to my original question, what would be the best way to handle this situation that a satisfactory result will be achieved?

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2014, 02:43:44 pm »
write him a letter. telling him exactly how many people he endangers and are taking notice and what potentially LEGAL things could happen to him if he doesn't cut it out. and then see if his behavior changes. doesn't have to be dangerous or confrontational. polite and straight forward, maybe he doesn't even know? :bueller:

maybe cut out letters like in those serial killer movies for affect?  :imaposer:
Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDX250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - XT660R Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold - XT660Z - current

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2014, 02:44:36 pm »
write him a letter. telling him exactly how many people he endangers and are taking notice and what potentially LEGAL things could happen to him if he doesn't cut it out. and then see if his behavior changes. doesn't have to be dangerous or confrontational. polite and straight forward, maybe he doesn't even know? :bueller:

maybe cut out letters like in those serial killer movies for affect?  :imaposer:

:laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:
:paw:

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline Garfield

• Deleted Users
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2014, 02:45:16 pm »
I will ask a friend in law enforcement what can legally be done if we find enough people willing to officially complain, give me a few days to do that and provide feedback.

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
  • Kraaifontein Plugspanner!
    • Music Ramblings by a serial hobbyist
« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2014, 03:12:42 pm »
Eisbein, you make some very relevant points and I agree with you in most cases. The issue that I have, which is quite tragic in SA, is that we have a driver like this that has total disrespect for everyone around him and he feels he is untouchable as he continues to intimidate people at random.

Unfortunately that rides on a bigger issue here in SA.
Taxi drivers have the transport system at gunpoint.
Normal road users are getting more and more aggressive and blatant in their disregard.

All seemingly untouchable.

I think Garfield is the closest in my mind:

I will ask a friend in law enforcement what can legally be done if we find enough people willing to officially complain, give me a few days to do that and provide feedback.

I mean we now already have two (totally different) communities (here on WD's and the home owners guys where Bus lives) that can already 'klap' together in 'testifying' on this guy's road manners.

What to do with the testimonies is still up for a solution.

I do understand that people can feel like they want to do something radical about the issue though.

:(
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 03:13:46 pm by Eisbein »
02/02/12 - RIP Glen - the Arrow of Elliot and the little man with the big heart that truly was larger than life.

You have touched us and left us better for having known you - even if it was only briefly.

For grabbing the moment and living the day It's been way too early that you were taken away

Offline Grrrr....

• ...eats seeds as a pastime activity.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Niks ry so lekker soos my rice crispy bike nie.
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2014, 03:18:16 pm »

What about my suggestion...?  :(

Offline Bus

• 'Tsek!!!
  • Bike: Husaberg (all models)
  • Fokken Main Moegoe
« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2014, 03:21:47 pm »

Please do, Garfield?

This is the only way to go. Keep everything above board.
Maak soos Dr Phil sę: "Hou op om 'n do0s te wees..."

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2014, 03:24:54 pm »

I am afraid killing him 'till he's dead might leave an option open for him to kill you right back.

;)
02/02/12 - RIP Glen - the Arrow of Elliot and the little man with the big heart that truly was larger than life.

You have touched us and left us better for having known you - even if it was only briefly.

For grabbing the moment and living the day It's been way too early that you were taken away

Offline Garfield

• Deleted Users
« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2014, 03:26:36 pm »

Please do, Garfield?

Sal so maak, 'n vriendin is deputy chief by die Metro Police, het vir haar email gestuur en raad gevra, sy sal weet wat gedoen kan word en ook wie ons kan kontak.

Offline Grrrr....

• ...eats seeds as a pastime activity.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Niks ry so lekker soos my rice crispy bike nie.
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2014, 03:27:16 pm »

I am afraid killing him 'till he's dead might leave an option open for him to kill you right back.

;)

Not if he is the deadest first.

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2014, 03:27:58 pm »

Please do, Garfield?

Using the power of social media and the interweb to find info and get people together is awesome.

(like that guy in the white bakkie that was mentioned earlier)

People are way less anonymous nowadays.

Offline Garfield

• Deleted Users
« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2014, 03:29:10 pm »

Please do, Garfield?

Using the power of social media and the interweb to find info and get people together is awesome.

(like that guy in the white bakkie that was mentioned earlier)

People are way less anonymous nowadays.

Which is also why "revenge" type tactics no longer work, someone will make a video and you will be ratted out.

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2014, 03:31:56 pm »
Which is also why "revenge" type tactics no longer work, someone will make a video and you will be ratted out.

Yeah - this knife cuts both ways.

Offline JohnB

« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2014, 03:37:24 pm »
 :thumleft:

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

Offline 2wdrift

• Bike: Honda XR650R
  • KLR Flip...
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2014, 03:53:57 pm »

Just keep a copy so he can not claim that you threatened his life or safety or something else. Keep it clear and logical.
XR650R the one and only
Calling upon my years of experience, I froze at the controls.  ~Stirling Moss

Don't worry my stutter is also bilingual...

Offline steveindar

• Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Eish!
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2014, 04:03:48 pm »
Have 6 cubes of redimix delivered to his doorstep!
#Nipplecaps must fall!!!
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain

XRV750 Africa bike, KTM 525EXC plastic Africa bike, BMW1150GS Civilization bike; TY250Z Footup's ???

Offline 2wdrift

• KLR Flip...
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2014, 04:12:30 pm »
Maybe the best would be to record his driving on a gopro or the like and show this to his girlfriend/wife/boyfriend or if he is single show it to his mom...  :peepwall:  :pot:

Let the family/friends sort his risky behavior out.

I know the photo's of me flipping hobie cats and crashing bikes gets my whole family on my case. I think a wife/girlfriend is worse.
XR650R the one and only

Offline Herklaas

• Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • Do it, you only live twice.
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2014, 07:48:28 pm »
This guy is indeed from Uitzicht.

It’s the same guy who has been causing kak in our neighbourhood.

He used to drive a red Focus ST, but it was written off. So he is now rolling in the white Focus ST.

With the Schummi-WP plates.

I spoke to people in his street, and apparently he is a problem resident as well.

The best medicine will be to report his kak driving (dunno how effective it will be)

Or try get him on video and take it to the cops.

Bus, does that address not fall under your jurisdiction? You can then play sheriff  :biggrin:

Ja I can just picture it "The showdown in Uitzicht Koraal"
Yamaha 50, Yamaha 400, 2 x Yamaha DR 350 LC, Honda CBX 550 F2, Honda TransAlp 650, Triumph Tiger 800 Xc,
Now 2015 Triumph Tiger 800 Xcx.and.. my favorite... 1996 Yamaha Tenere 660 5 valve single.

Offline gunsports

« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2014, 09:50:28 pm »
Contact Gouws. Tel the twatwaffle about another twatwaffle and watch a doods fight of epic proportions. No seriously: If enough guys contact Gouws, he will sort the man.

Offline 2wdrift

• KLR Flip...
« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2014, 10:08:07 pm »
Contact Gouws. Tel the twatwaffle about another twatwaffle and watch a doods fight of epic proportions. No seriously: If enough guys contact Gouws, he will sort the man.

+1
XR650R the one and only