Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Agressive cage drivers - Update... Update Shumi !!!!  (Read 34736 times)

Offline elandsrider

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
Re: Agressive cage drivers - Update... Update Shumi !!!!
« Reply #160 on: April 05, 2016, 09:13:55 pm »
On my way to work this morning, i travel normally 60-80km/h on the dirt in my arok. This twatwaffle in another type of bakkie, pulled up behind me at a snot speed. I got faster to keep the twatwaffle behind so he doesnt chuck rocks on my arok. At a point i was doing about 120 just before the tar, he went past me chucking up rocks. I got a brief video but not his number plate. He is not the only twatwaffle in a bakkie on the elandsriver road. Another one with a dive sticker on the back and ......getaway on the side does similar shit. Repeatedly.
If you ride the elandsriver road, look out, some interbred hillbillies in bakkies here. And im shamed to say i live here sometimes :patch:
:imaposer:
Aren't you lot all family in that area?
Fortunately not me. Cant vouch for the rest. And i still got my own teeth :imaposer:
KLR 650, KDX 200, XTZ 750, XL 500

Offline Herklaas

• Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • Do it, you only live twice.
« Reply #161 on: April 05, 2016, 09:22:22 pm »
On my way to work this morning, i travel normally 60-80km/h on the dirt in my arok. This twatwaffle in another type of bakkie, pulled up behind me at a snot speed. I got faster to keep the twatwaffle behind so he doesnt chuck rocks on my arok. At a point i was doing about 120 just before the tar, he went past me chucking up rocks. I got a brief video but not his number plate. He is not the only twatwaffle in a bakkie on the elandsriver road. Another one with a dive sticker on the back and ......getaway on the side does similar shit. Repeatedly.
If you ride the elandsriver road, look out, some interbred hillbillies in bakkies here. And im shamed to say i live here sometimes :patch:

Fortunately not me. Cant vouch for the rest. And i still got my own teeth :imaposer:

:sip: Eich, always wondered what the top speed of an Amarok was, but, 120, joh!
Yamaha 50, Yamaha 400, 2 x Yamaha DR 350 LC, Honda CBX 550 F2, Honda TransAlp 650, Triumph Tiger 800 Xc,
Now 2015 Triumph Tiger 800 Xcx.and.. my favorite... 1996 Yamaha Tenere 660 5 valve single.

Offline elandsrider

« Reply #162 on: April 05, 2016, 09:26:40 pm »

:sip: Eich, always wondered what the top speed of an Amarok was, but, 120, joh!
Impressive hey :lol8:

Offline katana

• One day when I grow up, I want to be a
  • Bike: Honda XR650L
  • Sheer Smiling Pleasure
« Reply #163 on: April 06, 2016, 06:17:26 am »

Don't worry about it.  It happens on bikes too.  Some peoples pride just won't allow them to let other people pass them safely.

You doubled your speed to block him.  Think about that....
"The only man that has to remember anything, is the man who tells a lie" Mark Twain

Offline elandsrider

« Reply #164 on: April 06, 2016, 08:29:01 pm »
There is absolutely no need to come up behind somebody on a rough dirt road at that speed in the dark. It is dangerous and irresponsible.
If he approached at a reasobable speed and made intention known to pass, and did so safely , no problem.
What he did was unreasonable, i have had numerous windscreen chips from this type of twat on the elands road. My wife has been pushed off the road, and another resident ended in hospital with her vehicle written off. The ahole didnt bother to stop in either incident. He couldnt see the damage done in the dust behind him.
Just thought about it. Hes still the prick
Thanks for tip :thumleft:

Offline katana

• One day when I grow up, I want to be a
  • Bike: Honda XR650L
  • Sheer Smiling Pleasure
« Reply #165 on: April 07, 2016, 06:20:19 am »
There is absolutely no need to come up behind somebody on a rough dirt road at that speed in the dark. It is dangerous and irresponsible.
If he approached at a reasobable speed and made intention known to pass, and did so safely , no problem.
What he did was unreasonable, i have had numerous windscreen chips from this type of twat on the elands road. My wife has been pushed off the road, and another resident ended in hospital with her vehicle written off. The ahole didnt bother to stop in either incident. He couldnt see the damage done in the dust behind him.

Agreed to disagree then.  Someone else was the first prick...
"The only man that has to remember anything, is the man who tells a lie" Mark Twain

Offline 2StrokeDan

• I've been to paradise, but i've never been to me....
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #166 on: April 07, 2016, 06:26:29 am »

I can see your point, but the guy approaching you from the back only saw a dice happening with you accelerating away like that. You should have put your hazards on, reduce speed and let him pass and be on his way.

Offline Warren Ellwood

« Reply #167 on: April 07, 2016, 09:04:31 am »
This morning I saw something which for me was a first.

Driving up Plattekloof Road towards Bellville sort of just past the Plattekloof Shopping center, in fair traffic, there was a fellow on a Chinese brand motorcycle in the left hand lane and he was travelling at about 70, which I think is actually the speed limit along there. He was in the center of the lane.

I was in the right lane and everybody in the this lane was slowly overtaking him, and a gap had formed in front of him to the next vehicle.

Suddenly the car behind swings out to the left and passes him half in the yellow lane, which then promoted the next 4 or 5 cars to do the same, some of them cutting back in front of him fairly unnecessarily close  ???. I was just past him by then but it looked like a fairly hairy experience for him.

And then, at the next robot, it turned red and we all had to stop, including all these rsoles who were so in a hurry to get somewhere, and this little bike passes everyone again and filters to the front. My priceless moment for the day.

:biggrin:

« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 12:42:23 pm by Warren Ellwood »
"Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, and does it improve on the silence?"

Offline TheBear

« Reply #168 on: April 07, 2016, 10:40:40 am »

Agreed to disagree then.  Someone else was the first prick...

+1
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline TheBear

« Reply #169 on: April 07, 2016, 10:42:29 am »

You are happy to do 60 - 80.  He is happy to do "snot speed".  You accelerate to "snot speed" to force him to stay behind you.  Why didn't you just slow down a tad and let him overtake and go?
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline RobC

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #170 on: April 07, 2016, 10:44:13 am »

You are happy to do 60 - 80.  He is happy to do "snot speed".  You accelerate to "snot speed" to force him to stay behind you.  Why didn't you just slow down a tad and let him overtake and go?
I am also like "why not let him pass".

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #171 on: April 07, 2016, 10:49:37 am »

Don't worry about it.  It happens on bikes too.  Some peoples pride just won't allow them to let other people pass them safely.

You doubled your speed to block him.  Think about that....

lol, I cant help but agree.. im on a dirt road, someone is going fucking 60 on it, Im doing 120, so naturally im catching them at 60km/h or a snot speed.. im busy thinking great, ill just overtake and he can carry on going slow, he will be out of my dust in no time at that speed.. no problem, but then the fucker puts his foot down forcing me to stay in his dust having him kick up fucking stones on my windscreen all because he doesn't want me to pass.. If someone comes up behind you at speed on a dirt road.. just pull a bit over and let him pass.

food for thought but if I was the oke behind you I would have flipped you the bird as you took that video.
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #172 on: April 07, 2016, 10:58:23 am »
This morning I saw something which for me was a first.

Driving up Plattekloof Road towards Bellville sort of just past the Plattekloof Shopping center, in fair traffic, there was a fellow on a Chinese brand motorcycle in the right hand lane and he was travelling at about 70, which I think is actually the speed limit along there. He was in the center of the lane.

I was in the left lane and everybody in the this lane was slowly overtaking him, and a gap had formed in front of him to the next vehicle.

Suddenly the car behind swings out to the right and passes him half in the yellow lane, which then promoted the next 4 or 5 cars to do the same, some of them cutting back in front of him fairly unnecessarily close  ???. I was just past him by then but it looked like a fairly hairy experience for him.

And then, at the next robot, it turned red and we all had to stop, including all these rsoles who were so in a hurry to get somewhere, and this little bike passes everyone again and filters to the front. My priceless moment for the day.

:biggrin:

the rider was probably not very experienced either and terrified  :-[

I sometimes get the feeling that some cagers hate bikers, simply because we can move through traffic faster :xxbah:

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #173 on: April 07, 2016, 11:23:00 am »
I see this on a daily basis turning from Koeberg into Plattekloof.. robot turns green for the my citi bus and some chop takes off ignoring the massive red light with a no right turn arrow.. its only a matter of time before these okes get taken out by a bus.
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline TK

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Life's an adventure, enjoy the ride.
« Reply #174 on: April 07, 2016, 11:51:51 am »
Some time back I was forced into on coming traffic by a guy reversing out of a farm gate into a 120km national road. The prick did so while looking at me. Wife and toddler in the car. I thought I was fucking dead.
Got along side him and gave him a piece of my mind only to be nearly knocked off my bike a couple of times. Wife swearing at me, him shaking his fist at me threating to fuck me up.
Quick plan (I'm not going to let this jerk get away with this)...... catch him at the first robot get off my bike and give him a mouthful throu the window. Prick gets out the car, big fellow, gym shirt on with muscles flexing...... he's going to give me a hiding and probably would have. And my gym shirts are long gone.
I did something  then that I am not proud of, but the situation warranted the action. And with that it was explained to him with intension that if he is prepared to put my life at risk by his selfish and unthoughtfull (not sure if that is a word but you get my meaning) actions then be prepared to bump heads with me. His words were..........'Sorry....didn't see you'. I can guarantee you that there will be another thought process before he turns his wheels into you.
........If somebody is quite prepared to harm somebody and God forbid cause someone's death and it was known that this may happen and you did nothing...........man, are you going to live with yourself. Approach this prick in whatever manner you see fit but make him understand that he may/is putting peoples lives at risk. It doesn't matter as long as you got that message to him.....let him do the maths.

Offline Kamanya

• Global Moderator
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Andrew to everyone
« Reply #175 on: April 07, 2016, 12:53:43 pm »

Get a 950/990. Problem solved.

Nobody stays close behind a 990 if you don't want them there. They dig trenches and throw half bricks with a simple twist of the wrist.
I wonder where that road goes? And that, has usually made all the difference. Appologies to Mr Frost

You want to have a stable Picture & Video host?

https://secure.smugmug.com/signup.mg?Coupon=7ovFBQhdrwnZw

Offline cocky

• Ryyyyyy net ASFB.
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #176 on: April 07, 2016, 02:19:00 pm »

Nobody stays close behind a 990 if you don't want them there. They dig trenches and throw half bricks with a simple twist of the wrist.
Agreed 100%  :thumleft:
Just because your past did not turn out like you wanted it to does not mean your marriage will not be better than you ever imagined it could be.
Die Kaapse Hoender!

Offline RobC

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #177 on: April 07, 2016, 03:27:43 pm »

even a KLR with knobbies should be feared... :sip:

Offline Black_Hawk

• BackroadRiderZA
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Follow our blog: https://mytownsatoz.wordpress.com
    • My Towns A to Z
« Reply #178 on: April 07, 2016, 03:43:08 pm »
A very interesting thread... or should I say season 2 of a soapie.  :imaposer:.

It will be interesting to see if this "Schumie1" changed his driving habits in the last 19 months after all this social media exposure.
Follow our blog: https://mytownsatoz.wordpress.com

2010 F650GS (Sold), 2009 BMW F800GS, 2002 BMW F650GS (Sold), 1982 Honda XR 200R, 1982 Honda XL 600R

Offline elandsrider

« Reply #179 on: April 07, 2016, 07:53:49 pm »

even a KLR with knobbies should be feared... :sip:
It is a bit risky speeding up as he can easily veer into me going past but that can happen at the speed he was doing anyway, i would just prefer he didnt throw up the rocks,
No need to do what he did, 800 m later the dirt turned to tar and he can pass without chucking rocks
Next time i speed up, and hug the middle to right of road and get his number plate clearly when he passes on tar