Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Agressive cage drivers - Update... Update Shumi !!!!  (Read 35956 times)

Offline Geel Kat

Re: Agressive cage drivers - Update... Update Shumi !!!!
« Reply #200 on: April 15, 2016, 08:12:07 pm »
I know this fellow that elandsrider has mentioned. He is a member of our ski boat club.
Want his phone number ?

I doubt...

:imaposer: WD's worst nightmare, coming face to face with someone he called an asshole  :imaposer:

Offline elandsrider

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #201 on: April 15, 2016, 08:24:50 pm »
I know this fellow that elandsrider has mentioned. He is a member of our ski boat club.
Want his phone number ?

I doubt...

:imaposer: WD's worst nightmare, coming face to face with someone he called an asshole  :imaposer:
No stress, currently 3 (that i know of) wannabee dirt racers. Somebody is going to get seriously hurt soon on this road. 2 fords and a silver i think toyota with a canvass cover over his rails. Unfortunately havent got a number yet as if they come from the front you are taking evasive action as they appear in front of you on the wrong side of the road sliding thru the corner. From behind you are trying to dodge the rocks and see thru the dust. Arseholes, wild dogs or not. If they harm my family due to irresponsible behaviour it might be a nightmare coming face to face me
KLR 650, KDX 200, XTZ 750, XL 500

Offline Geel Kat

« Reply #202 on: April 15, 2016, 08:26:38 pm »
Arseholes, wild dogs or not. If they harm my family due to irresponsible behaviour it might be a nightmare coming face to face me

On this point I fully agree  :thumleft:

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #203 on: April 16, 2016, 08:04:18 am »
Elandsrider's experience with that driver on a dirtroad is also happening on the D/S front.

I have been passed on dirtroads by people on bikes, obviously having not the faintest clue[or care] about what happens if you pass a slower rider and the moment you pass, you open the throttle on your 100+hp superdigger.

It is either complete ignorance, or a spoilt-brat attitude of f..k you.

Offline J-dog

• Bike: Kymco (all models)
« Reply #204 on: April 16, 2016, 09:37:26 am »
Elandsrider, although I wasn't there I think some of the guys are giving you an unduly hard time. You said that you were prepared to move over and be passed at an appropriate point, And you clearly know that road better than most.
I think that on a dirt road there is a reasonable way to pass and to be passed, with both parties giving each other due consideration.
Thats ok, i dont mind critisicm , can learn from it ithink,
Some of the okes on this road drive like real aholes, from behind its not so bad, from the front its worse because they drift across at high speed , at night you can see them coming, in the day its not so easy, had some hairy experiences and my wife had to put a combi into a soft bush to avoid a ford at high speed coming from the front. I have broached th subject at a farmers ass meeting to no avail as well. Bunch of soft cock ballies :spitcoffee: :lol8:

Are you mates with Sebastian Dech?
:thumleft:yes
Is that a good thing or bad :peepwall:

very good  :thumleft:

Offline Gensetter

• Bike: Aprilia ETV1000 Caponord
« Reply #205 on: April 16, 2016, 09:49:48 am »
Want his phone number ?

I doubt...

He is actually a very nice person. Sometimes we do not realise that we piss other people of, or what we are doing causes harm.
All you need to do is tell them.
Bitching on a forum, where the person will not even find out that he is being a chop will get no results.

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Kraaifontein Plugspanner!
    • Music Ramblings by a serial hobbyist
« Reply #206 on: April 16, 2016, 12:08:48 pm »

Hold the press - I agree wholeheartedly with something that Oom Danie said.
 :biggrin:

My own experience tips the scale towards the 'Just couldn't give a shit' side of the scale.

02/02/12 - RIP Glen - the Arrow of Elliot and the little man with the big heart that truly was larger than life.

You have touched us and left us better for having known you - even if it was only briefly.

For grabbing the moment and living the day It's been way too early that you were taken away

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #207 on: April 16, 2016, 12:31:46 pm »
Elandsrider's experience with that driver on a dirtroad is also happening on the D/S front.

I have been passed on dirtroads by people on bikes, obviously having not the faintest clue[or care] about what happens if you pass a slower rider and the moment you pass, you open the throttle on your 100+hp superdigger.

Are you saying if I trundle along on my block of flats at 70 or so km/h and you catch up from behind, you will calmly stay behind me till the next time we stop?

Are you saying when I become aware you want to pass me and I speed up dramatically, you will happily sit behind me in my dust?

Somehow, I don't think so.  No siree, Bob!
#33 #BRADICAL!

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
« Reply #208 on: April 16, 2016, 12:40:38 pm »

Are you saying if I trundle along on my block of flats at 70 or so km/h and you catch up from behind, you will calmly stay behind me till the next time we stop?

Are you saying when I become aware you want to pass me and I speed up dramatically, you will happily sit behind me in my dust?

No, I will CALMLY overtake, keeping a wide birth, and gently accelerate until you are too far behind to be reached by my roost.
OK, I know the XT600E did not come out with roost function, neither can it be optionally fitted. :thumleft:

If you speed up, well decision time.....it either becomes a race on a public road, or I fall back.

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Kraaifontein Plugspanner!
    • Music Ramblings by a serial hobbyist
« Reply #209 on: April 16, 2016, 05:33:21 pm »

No, I will CALMLY overtake, keeping a wide birth, and gently accelerate until you are too far behind to be reached by my roost.
OK, I know the XT600E did not come out with roost function, neither can it be optionally fitted. :thumleft:

If you speed up, well decision time.....it either becomes a race on a public road, or I fall back.

People who have ridden with me know this is the way I ride as well.

In fact - this is how I overtake any vehicle on gravel - if there isn't long enough distance ahead to overtake widely (without accelerating like a bat out of hell) and stay on the other side of the road 'till I think it is safe to return to the left without roosting the guy I would rather fall behind and wait 'till there is space to do so.

Having said that - if I see someone coming faster from behind I go as far left as possible and go way slower - not necessarily because I am nice, but because I know that 9 out of 10 people just couldn't give a shit if they roost the guy they are passing...

02/02/12 - RIP Glen - the Arrow of Elliot and the little man with the big heart that truly was larger than life.

You have touched us and left us better for having known you - even if it was only briefly.

For grabbing the moment and living the day It's been way too early that you were taken away

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
« Reply #210 on: April 16, 2016, 05:39:35 pm »
Exactly Mr. Stemmet!! :thumleft:

And one would think these roadmanners would be common logic....but it is too often non-existent.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #211 on: April 16, 2016, 06:36:16 pm »

:thumleft:
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #212 on: April 16, 2016, 06:38:21 pm »

People who have ridden with me know this is the way I ride as well.

In fact - this is how I overtake any vehicle on gravel - if there isn't long enough distance ahead to overtake widely (without accelerating like a bat out of hell) and stay on the other side of the road 'till I think it is safe to return to the left without roosting the guy I would rather fall behind and wait 'till there is space to do so.

Having said that - if I see someone coming faster from behind I go as far left as possible and go way slower - not necessarily because I am nice, but because I know that 9 out of 10 people just couldn't give a shit if they roost the guy they are passing...

Indeed, the way it should happen.   This is exactly how a defensive driver would react.  Do what is safe for you.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 06:39:25 pm by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline elandsrider

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #213 on: April 16, 2016, 07:19:15 pm »
Want his phone number ?

I doubt...

He is actually a very nice person. Sometimes we do not realise that we piss other people of, or what we are doing causes harm.
All you need to do is tell them.
Bitching on a forum, where the person will not even find out that he is being a chop will get no results.
There are 3 of them that i have witnessed and at least 2 of them have forced my wife into the bush on her left side of the road, this coming from the front at extremely unreasonable speed causing them to drift to the right on a blind corner. Severe scratches were caused in one incident to the left side of the car she was driving. Luckily no injuries. In both cases no body bothered to stop to see if harm was caused. They coulndt see in the dust left behind them.
Im sure this is not your friend, there are others on his road that do this stuff.
If you ride on a bike, look out between freddies and sand river. They in there somewhere. And if they come round the corner like i have seen them and you on a little old scoot, you going down. Wont catch you from behind cos you wont be riding like a twatwaffle like me or my wife at the speed limit in a cage,
Last post  on this subject, fukem, rant off
Be carefull out there :lol8: :sip:
KLR 650, KDX 200, XTZ 750, XL 500

Offline Grrrr....

• ...eats seeds as a pastime activity.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • If you trim your tree beware the roots.
« Reply #214 on: February 08, 2017, 09:03:16 am »
Looky who I saw this morning.....

Offline Copernicus

• Bike: Vespa (all models)
  • Crossroads in the dirt.
« Reply #215 on: February 08, 2017, 09:17:16 am »
At least the weather looks fine today.
I started biking as an under achiever and it went downhill from there...

Offline silvrav

« Reply #216 on: February 08, 2017, 09:26:12 am »

Did you cut him off  :peepwall:

Offline Grrrr....

• ...eats seeds as a pastime activity.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • If you trim your tree beware the roots.
« Reply #217 on: February 08, 2017, 09:48:30 am »

The weather has been fine for months. That is the problem....

Ek bestuur soos 'n mens.

Offline silvrav

« Reply #218 on: February 08, 2017, 09:54:56 am »

The weather has been fine for months. That is the problem....

Ek bestuur soos 'n mens.
Jammer om van jou kak te hoor...  :pot:

Offline Buddy

« Reply #219 on: February 08, 2017, 10:05:53 am »
Looks like he's zeroing in on that bike in front  :patch:
The Townkraaier of Kraaifontein