Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: TVB op vakansie na Gough Eiland  (Read 483804 times)

Online Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
Re: TVB op vakansie na Gough Eiland
« Reply #2900 on: March 29, 2018, 01:59:40 pm »
Great News

My son, Chris has qualified today as Millwright! He was doing his trade test prep and then finally the exams in Kempton Park.

A month before he had to go for his prep & tests the company he was an apprentice let him go. So I payed for everything and supported him all the way. He then volunteered at a company in Brits and although he just ask them to allow him to work for one month before he goes for the test (he just wanted to learn more) they still paid him regardless. Well now the original company wants him back and made him an offer, but he has decided to rather go with the company in Brits not only because it is close to home (his mom) but because they were kind to him. He reason that even though they pay less he does not need to re-locate to Randburg and he is in a better environment with a couple of old tradesman who learns him a lot. His work is also more relevant at this company wrt his trade.

I am so happy that I baked a cake for the team to celebrate this!
Don't think he is on WD's anymore but in anyway: Welldone Chris, you made me proud!  :thumleft:

Congrats Tom and Chris, Millwright is a good multifaceted qualification, my only advice to Chris is to not get too "bogged down" in the older machinery side, he needs to get as much experience as possible on PLC's etc.  :thumleft:
An aspiring Coddiwompler

Offline ClemS

« Reply #2901 on: March 29, 2018, 02:04:58 pm »
Congrats Tom & Chris!  :occasion1:
The brave do not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.

Offline woody1

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • XT1200ZE "Vinnige" Witte
« Reply #2902 on: March 29, 2018, 03:53:11 pm »
Baie geluk my maat en se vir Chris ek is trots op hom... WEL GEDAAN.  :thumleft:

I WOULD RATHER BE AN HONEST ASSHOLE .... THAN A FLIPPEN LIAR !   

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #2903 on: March 29, 2018, 04:39:46 pm »
Thanks everyone and also for the advice Welsh, I'll tell him  :thumleft:

Offline Skim

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #2904 on: March 29, 2018, 04:54:09 pm »
Geluk met die seun se kwalifikasie !
Skim

BMW R 1200 GS Adventure.

Offline ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Teelhond
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #2905 on: March 29, 2018, 05:44:00 pm »
 Welldone Chris,

Baie geluk Chris en Tom. :thumleft:
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #2906 on: March 29, 2018, 07:36:36 pm »
Thanks Skim and Chris  :thumleft:

My landscape photography outing yesterday was a big flop, but at-least I got to photograph the Tristan Albatross in various sets and I am rather pleased with the results:

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #2907 on: March 29, 2018, 07:42:12 pm »
The fieldworkers and Santjie were camping on Goneydale

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #2908 on: March 29, 2018, 07:51:32 pm »
 :)

Offline Oubones

« Reply #2909 on: March 29, 2018, 08:27:05 pm »
Congrats to your son and you for supporting him!
Dakar 650
SR 500

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #2910 on: March 29, 2018, 08:38:57 pm »
Congrats to your son and you for supporting him!
Thanks Oubones!

Sent from my SM-T231 using Tapatalk

Offline Rodlau

« Reply #2911 on: March 29, 2018, 11:29:29 pm »
Well done to you both.  Chris for something that cannot ever be taken away from himi, and to you Tom, for the Vasbyt you did to get to this mile stone

The following users thanked this post: Tom van Brits

Online Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #2912 on: March 30, 2018, 02:41:21 am »
Great News

My son, Chris has qualified today as Millwright! He was doing his trade test prep and then finally the exams in Kempton Park.

A month before he had to go for his prep & tests the company he was an apprentice let him go. So I payed for everything and supported him all the way. He then volunteered at a company in Brits and although he just ask them to allow him to work for one month before he goes for the test (he just wanted to learn more) they still paid him regardless. Well now the original company wants him back and made him an offer, but he has decided to rather go with the company in Brits not only because it is close to home (his mom) but because they were kind to him. He reason that even though they pay less he does not need to re-locate to Randburg and he is in a better environment with a couple of old tradesman who learns him a lot. His work is also more relevant at this company wrt his trade.

I am so happy that I baked a cake for the team to celebrate this!
Don't think he is on WD's anymore but in anyway: Welldone Chris, you made me proud!  :thumleft:

I can remember a much younger Chris joining us on a fishing trip, I think it was at Roodeplaat?

And now he is a fully qualified tradesman!

Well done Tom, for helping him to achieve this, and for all your support to him through the years.

And congratulations to Chris too. Well done Boet!  :thumleft:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #2913 on: March 31, 2018, 06:56:33 pm »
Hello WD's

Yesterday I thought to work a bit on my fitness and literally stormed up the mountain (ok in my terms t felt like storm  :imaposer: )

Only the camera with long lens and as an afterthought I threw in a much shorter focal lens which turned out to reward me with a couple of pleasing memories along the way. The last light and the moon rising over the sea - the sunset painted the sky real nice. I saw one of my favorite Tristan Albatross nests how the baby came to life, still halfway in the egg! A new record to me and my fitness levels up for that 'big trip' which I still hope to do; that now to go back to the Glen and do a proper photo shoot there.
Hope most of you are or where out riding or just having a good time.
Cheers  :thumleft:

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #2914 on: March 31, 2018, 07:03:27 pm »
The moon was rely weird rising while the sky was real pink/purple

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #2915 on: March 31, 2018, 07:11:44 pm »
This is an actual dance....truly amazing!

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #2916 on: March 31, 2018, 07:14:53 pm »
Thats all :thumleft:

Offline Ri

« Reply #2917 on: April 02, 2018, 01:59:13 pm »
That pink sky moonrise photo is beautiful.

Bird photo's are fabulous! Do you crop the tip off the birds' wings?

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #2918 on: April 02, 2018, 07:48:22 pm »
That pink sky moonrise photo is beautiful.

Bird photo's are fabulous! Do you crop the tip off the birds' wings?

Hello Ri

Thanks appreciate.

No I do not crop often but sometimes I am just too close or I am just a tad too slow to frame better.
I have learned that despite and eye which one develop for framing and exposure one also can do with luck. Sometimes I am slow to download the pictures from the camera to the external HD to start developing because I think there is or was not really something special (like the moonrise/pink sky and also the distant picture of the base) and then I get surprised by the results.
The more I take pictures the more I realize how much there is to learn.....always thought it is just to nail exposure but there is a lot more to it. Would like to spent some time with a real pro photographer when I am back to learn a bit more (hands on)

My bag is packed for the epic solo trip to the Glen. A little while back I have decided to call it off due to risk factors but with the teams knot of approval Friday night I have decided to give it a go this week if weather permits. There is no space for extras and I will have to make due with what I have. Just taking sleeping bag and warm and dry clothing, water and food plus some emergency supplies. In the end I am left for space for the good camera body fitted with the wide angle lens. The reason for this trip: I need to hike in and find those old engraved rocks which were done by the visiting sealers that came as early as 18H08 and onwards. Last time there were too many fur seals around breeding and very aggressive bulls, but now the seals are a bit more laid back and I should be able to navigate much easier between and through to find these markings. I will photograph each and plot on the Gps and leave this behind for future visitors to find and also appreciate.

Goodnight!  :thumleft:

PS: The Glen hike is currently planned for Wednesday and Thursday if weather permit. I may have to postpone again if the weather is not good, because I cannot risk to be caught one in the reef at any time during my return. I am very fit and confident at this stage that I can do this trip safely.

Offline Philemon

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • My pack
« Reply #2919 on: April 05, 2018, 07:28:49 am »
Happy Birthday for today Tom.

:occasion13: :occasion15: :occasion16:

Have a great day and remember MIN DAE !!!!!
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.  .  .  .  .  .  Leonardo da Vinci