Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: TVB op vakansie na Gough Eiland  (Read 376125 times)

Offline Tom van Brits

Re: TVB op vakansie na Gough Eiland
« Reply #4160 on: October 30, 2019, 04:35:01 am »
:spitcoffee:  8) I'm done with hauling manure, from tomorrow I'm in the harvesting team
Driving a Kenworth and 40feet hopper tomorrow to the elevator's!!  :thumleft:

Manure hauling was not bad, but very uncomfortable today when I had to help another truck out with a shovel!!  :eek7:
Also learned that the farmer does not know what a spade is  :lol8: I asked; sir one truck got stuck and I would like to borrow 2 x spades.....he said: 'what?' I said I need 2 spades sir! He said: " tell me what do you need to do"  :deal:
I said: "I need to dig sir'......he said: "oh then you probably need 2 shovels"  :imaposer: i was not aware that it is also revered to a shovel in American english, i thought its SA mine language 'fanakalo'  :bueller:
 We were successful, but yes I was covered in dung  :xxbah:

:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

OMGAWD, I'M CRYING FROM LAUGHTER RIGHT NOW

No, seriously Tom, did you ask the man, "I need to borrow two spades" ?

Sure that's what I did sir  :3some:
 :peepwall:

waiting for Big Oil to explain it to you  :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :toothy9:  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

Please don't ban me, I'm just giving an explanation.

Everyone, including my black friends, I told today about Tom's request and the way farmer responded, had mist in their eyes from laughter   :imaposer:

Spade is street slang for Nigger  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

The farmer thought you were asking him for two niggers to help you get the truck unstuck

:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

yup...  :spitcoffee:  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

:spitcoffee: ok that explains his response  :laughing4:
I can easily get lost in a conversation with some American farmworkers since they use a lot of slang especially when they speak in the accent which is different here or so I'm told in Kansas especially western Kansas.
I also like the way people interact with each other, the inter racial relationships are really good but everyone speaks his mind unlike in SA where we are still worried that we may offend someone and guard your tongue.

Anyway; this morning everything was dusted white outside and rather pretty albeit -7 degree Celcius. My Kenworth started first attempt and after a warmup of 15 minutes I went back to the field and in tarped and started shoveling the spilled beans into the hopper. Pok people I was huffing and puffing because those trailers are tall and tou really need to put in some effort!
Finally went to the elevators and dumped my load and went back to the farm and we tested all the vehicles radiators for antifreeze percentage (some tube with floating balls) and we had to drain and add antifreeze.

We also made the one harvester ready to do corn,  since my boss want to harvest corn next but that will be bagged on the field.
So me and 2 other hoppers will go do milo on another farm where another contractor will harvest with his new Fendt harvester (the best I believe - my boss got 3 x John deere and all his choppers are Claas) and then we will have a long haul taking the milo to Salina.

It will snow tomorrow I believe, but not really cold at about 0 and -2 degree Celcius.
That won't bother the moist content of the milo since that 2 x fields are very dry.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 04:38:25 am by Tom van Brits »

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #4161 on: October 30, 2019, 06:46:27 pm »
Very cold, and of the predicted snow nothing until just now.....light snow but the grain is very dry so we will continue to harvest milo. So much moist for the beans though.

My hands can't take the cold since everything we touch is cold steel. We went back to fetch service vehicles and sroped at Casey's and both Donald and me baught new gloves for 16usd each.....maybe a tad expensive but worth every cent  :laughing4:

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #4162 on: October 30, 2019, 07:29:22 pm »
"I also like the way people interact with each other, the inter racial relationships are really good but everyone speaks his mind unlike in SA where we are still worried that we may offend someone and guard your tongue."

Yeah...... :biggrin:...........on point.  I had a rude awakening when I first arrived on this forum wrt to language that is used freely here in the USA, is completely unacceptable on this forum.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 03:18:42 am by big oil »
🇺🇸🇨🇦🇩🇪🇬🇧🇿🇦

The following users thanked this post: Tom van Brits

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #4163 on: October 31, 2019, 01:05:31 am »
Well, it started to snow and we had to stop harvesting so I decided on a 7km run in the snow in minus 1 degrees Celsius. I loved it and was reminded why I have started running a year ago.....its simply lekker!!

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #4164 on: October 31, 2019, 02:34:04 am »
Very cold, and of the predicted snow nothing until just now.....light snow but the grain is very dry so we will continue to harvest milo. So much moist for the beans though.

My hands can't take the cold since everything we touch is cold steel. We went back to fetch service vehicles and sroped at Casey's and both Donald and me baught new gloves for 16usd each.....maybe a tad expensive but worth every cent  :laughing4:

Lekker gloves  :thumleft:

I have a couple of warm gloves here that you can take for next year if you decide to go back  :deal:

And that looks like a $20 Walmart watch sticking out behind the glove  :peepwall: :lol8:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #4165 on: October 31, 2019, 02:46:12 am »

Lekker gloves  :thumleft:

I have a couple of warm gloves here that you can take for next year if you decide to go back  :deal:

And that looks like a $20 Walmart watch sticking out behind the glove  :peepwall: :lol8:

:spitcoffee: well spotted, it was marked down at wallmart @ 15usd!!

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #4166 on: November 01, 2019, 12:21:20 am »
We had a little snow in Minneapolis Kansas.

Minneapolis KS is so beutiful compared to any other part of the states I've seen, it reminds of home with streams of water and farm dams, trees and not as flat as the Wes
The West is dry and flat and only trees in the villages. Dodge City is however a very nice place with a food feel. Cimarron not that much but it is ok and then Oklahoma panhandle; nothing spectacular but our team (we are 3 to 4 teams depending) all agree that Guymon Oklahoma was our best experience so far wrt friendly locals and 'feel at home' place.

We are not spending enough time here in Minneapolis to maybe have a change at heart since we are just busy at work mostly.
Silage took some time getting used to but I have enjoyed it quite a bit, and now harvesting is also growing on me.

The snow made harvesting impossible today and so we worked workshop on a combine. It was an eye opener to se the internals of a combine and to crawl inside its belly gutting it and fitting new panels and so on. We did not finish because we needed some rivets and 2 special bolts but it was a good working day.

Now waiting for all the rest of the guys to come back to the RV since we all are foung tog9to Salina to Wallmart for shopping.....rations are dangerously low. Most of us fot food for 2 or 3 days left. 11 more sleeps and I'm on my way to the Zog house!!  :laughing4:

Offline woody1

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • XT1200ZE "Vinnige" Witte
« Reply #4167 on: November 01, 2019, 07:16:42 am »
Do you have a nice new Wallmart jacket or do you just put on an extra pair of shorts ? :imaposer:

I WOULD RATHER BE AN HONEST ASSHOLE .... THAN A FLIPPEN LIAR !   

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #4168 on: November 01, 2019, 02:39:53 pm »
Do you have a nice new Wallmart jacket or do you just put on an extra pair of shorts ? :imaposer:

Nice new Wallmart jacket,  31usd inc bass Kobus!!  :thumleft:

Last night bought my last 10 days of groceries at Wallmart and could not help myself and bought a steak for a change since the price is good. Been weeks without red meat  :ricky: but chicken is fairly well priced and things like chicken nuggets and so on. Living of frozen pizzas @ avg 3usd each and some other microwave meals.

Offline woody1

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • XT1200ZE "Vinnige" Witte
« Reply #4169 on: November 01, 2019, 03:46:11 pm »
NOU  gaan ons braai.
Where is my Blue Cheese

I WOULD RATHER BE AN HONEST ASSHOLE .... THAN A FLIPPEN LIAR !   

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

Online Black_Hawk

• BackroadRiderZA
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Follow our blog: https://mytownsatoz.wordpress.com
    • My Towns A to Z
« Reply #4170 on: November 01, 2019, 03:47:52 pm »
Lekker Tom, bederf jouself......
Follow our blog: https://mytownsatoz.wordpress.com

2010 F650GS (Sold), 2009 BMW F800GS, 2002 BMW F650GS (Sold), 1982 Honda XR 200R, 1984 Honda XL 600R

The following users thanked this post: Tom van Brits

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #4171 on: November 01, 2019, 04:13:01 pm »
Servicing and fueling, waiting for warmer temp to start harvesting milo!!

My boss got John deere but Fendt is demos for us ....pok that is a pretty harvester!! :laughing4:

Online ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #4172 on: November 01, 2019, 05:06:24 pm »
Fendt is the Rolls Royce of the farm machine world. :deal:
Very expencive but you get reliable machines.
Wonder why that combine is not sprayed in the normal Fendt green?
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Online Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #4173 on: November 01, 2019, 05:19:49 pm »

Probably a John Deere avoidance.  :peepwall:
Adventure before Dementia.

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #4174 on: November 01, 2019, 05:23:55 pm »

Probably a John Deere avoidance.  :peepwall:
Fendt green is slightly different to John Deere.

info@dustriders.co.za
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #4175 on: November 01, 2019, 05:27:42 pm »

Agree, next level Chris. We have one Fendt tractor, different green to JD with red wheel rims.

Most of these farmers are John deer die hards and funny thing I only see 3 x major role players in the bakkie arena:
Ford - No 1 seller
Chev Silverado & GMC (Under correction but I was told it's fairly much the same vehicle but GMC is the upmarket version.
Dodge - growing very fast and rather popular in KS.

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #4176 on: November 01, 2019, 09:21:35 pm »
Our boss just confirmed my son's statement that Fendt is Massey Ferguson's top dollar product.
You can order a Fendt here with Massey's badging if you'd like.

My son up North in Minot says this 9510 John Deere is a beast. We also use them as packing tractors in silage season:

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #4177 on: November 01, 2019, 09:25:27 pm »
Currently taking milo to Salina, and they have many elevators and is very busy but organized.
Delivered 50 000lbs milo on the previous load.

So many gravel roads but very well maintained  :)

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #4178 on: November 02, 2019, 09:24:56 am »
Our boss just confirmed my son's statement that Fendt is Massey Ferguson's top dollar product.

Tom they are just sold and marketed by Massey F. Here in SA too, but built in Germany in its own factories.
The Yanks like rebranded stuff. You can buy the big Claas combines rebranded as CAT too.

Tom when you say you harvest Milo what is Milo?
info@dustriders.co.za
www.dustriders.co.za

Online Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #4179 on: November 02, 2019, 10:50:47 am »

Tom they are just sold and marketed by Massey F. Here in SA too, but built in Germany in its own factories.
The Yanks like rebranded stuff. You can buy the big Claas combines rebranded as CAT too.

Tom when you say you harvest Milo what is Milo?
I thought I was the only stupid one who didnít know what Milo was.  :peepwall: :peepwall:
Adventure before Dementia.