Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: TVB op vakansie na Gough Eiland  (Read 340099 times)

Offline Ri

• Bikermouse
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 Admirer
Re: TVB op vakansie na Gough Eiland
« Reply #4260 on: December 11, 2019, 09:20:37 am »
Ok now I know, and I am finally ready to put it behind me and walk on. Probably stick with farming or whatever comes up, first price still house keeping assistant or manager. I do not qualify for lodge manager positions really, I often apply but they also require qualification (degree +) I did get an offer recently to be a lodge manager in Mpumalanga but not doable at R6k a month. I dont expect dollar rates in SA but also have a live....in the interview they asked me what I am looking at salary wise and I said 'around R18k a month' but we can neg. The interviewer was rather sarcastic with a ' are you out of your mind's remark  :lol8: Well....I also have a life and would like to maintain my normal standard of living......suppose I'll keep looking  :laughing4:

Dafq? Don't they know about peanuts and monkeys? You can barely afford a car and medical aid on that, never mind savings. I know tourism/hospitality generally pays low but this is an entry level starter salary for what is really quite an important position. Staff could make or break a lodge.

Might explain shocking level of "service" these days.
Tales of the Purple Turtles: Ride Reports
PROJECT SAS WILDEHOND III Contributions: R Snyman Capitec Savings Account 1545860511 Balance (2017/12/07): R3,190.23 - R1,600 for steel purchase

The following users thanked this post: Tom van Brits

Offline roxenz

• rocks make sense
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • cheerful yesterdays and confident tomorrows
« Reply #4261 on: December 11, 2019, 01:27:25 pm »
Ja-nee. My son works part-time as a student and he earns more than that. Crazy stuff.  Keep on looking and thinking Tom, it will happen.

Offline woody1

• Forum Whore
  • XT1200ZE "Vinnige" Witte
« Reply #4262 on: December 21, 2019, 09:25:04 am »
Raai wat waai die Kaapse winde toe hier in.
Een boktjop 660 Yamaha. Een Kom Tou My met rolle bloudraad in die toolbox en n pragtige Honda.
Dankie vir die vinnige kuier manne en geniet die trip verder.

I WOULD RATHER BE AN HONEST ASSHOLE .... THAN A FLIPPEN LIAR !   

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #4263 on: December 22, 2019, 07:19:57 am »
Love this trip!!  :3some: :laughing4:
So good to see old friends and tour the beautiful Karoo a bit with my son and a friend!!

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #4264 on: December 22, 2019, 07:21:14 am »
 :)

Offline ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #4265 on: December 22, 2019, 11:05:37 am »
So good to see certain old friends

fixed :deal: :(
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline woody1

• Forum Whore
« Reply #4266 on: December 22, 2019, 11:35:14 am »
Ek het hom kos en slaapplek belowe  :laughing4: en toe val hy vir die trap

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

Offline ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #4267 on: December 22, 2019, 11:44:23 am »
As ek geweet het hy ry hier rond het ek ook so n trap vir hom gestel ;)
Ek kry hom nog jammer oor hy die Baviaans se sinkplaat moet aandurf, maar in die mean time ry hy lekke op die N2.
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Blou Zebu

• Alika voalohoany eto i'Madagasikara
  • Justice, mercy and humble obedience.
« Reply #4268 on: December 22, 2019, 12:10:45 pm »
So good to see certain old friends

fixed :deal: :(
Fixed?
Ommie, wat het hulle afgesny?
XT 350 STOLEN!!!!
DR650SE 2006 Ek en die Dominee gaan orals!

Let me know if youre ever in Madagascar.
Die paaie is lank, wild en woes!

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #4269 on: December 22, 2019, 11:04:53 pm »
As ek geweet het hy ry hier rond het ek ook so n trap vir hom gestel ;)
Ek kry hom nog jammer oor hy die Baviaans se sinkplaat moet aandurf, maar in die mean time ry hy lekke op die N2.

:-[ Askies Chris, ek brand om by julle uit te kom maar ek weet ons gaan nie 'vinnig' kan kuier nie. Te veel oor trokke en boerdery en Amerika gesels!! Ek hoop ons kan dit vorentoe inpas!!
Groete :thumleft:

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #4270 on: December 22, 2019, 11:08:15 pm »
We did the Hel today (Gamkaskloof)

I'll be riding back to Brits tomorrow solo. Son and his friend are still on holiday in Outshoorn.

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #4271 on: December 22, 2019, 11:14:14 pm »
In a way I am reluctant to ride back tomorrow and thinking of an excuse to extend my ride a bit....but I had a good time......its like that song of BB King;"let the good times roll" but yes I'll probably head home.  :)

Offline Ri

• Bikermouse
  • DR650 Admirer
« Reply #4272 on: December 23, 2019, 07:23:15 am »
WHYYYYYYYY???!!!! Wat wag vir jou by die huis? Ek het gedink jou seun moet by die huis kom, maar niks jaag jou mos nie. Dis Kersfees, almal is op vakansie.

Ry nog 'n bietjie saam! In teendeel, draai om en gaan kuier by @ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS :ricky:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 07:23:45 am by Ri »
PROJECT SAS WILDEHOND III Contributions: R Snyman Capitec Savings Account 1545860511 Balance (2017/12/07): R3,190.23 - R1,600 for steel purchase

Offline woody1

• Forum Whore
« Reply #4273 on: December 23, 2019, 09:09:19 am »
Stem saam....Wie wil nou in BRITS gaan sit as jy berge en see en VARS LUG het. :ricky: :ricky:

The following users thanked this post: Ri

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #4274 on: December 23, 2019, 10:00:41 pm »
WHYYYYYYYY???!!!! Wat wag vir jou by die huis? Ek het gedink jou seun moet by die huis kom, maar niks jaag jou mos nie. Dis Kersfees, almal is op vakansie.

Ry nog 'n bietjie saam! In teendeel, draai om en gaan kuier by @ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS :ricky:

Ri I was really tempted but have told my daughter that I'll spent Christmas with her and Chris (son) and Juda are now staying with old friends in Oudshoorn and they have planned "young people " stuff.  :deal: I know it involves camping at Stilbaai for a night or 2 and I don't want to be the party pooper  :imaposer:

This trip was very impulsive and we only had to ride down and fetch Chris's bike at Dorsland but then the young man told me he want to tour with his 'toppie' and friend for a while....awesome trip nevertheless!! :laughing4:

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #4275 on: December 23, 2019, 10:04:54 pm »
I was 13hrs on the road, the whole trip was a tad more than 4k km. NC ran flawlessly except for blowing the dim .....(low beam) and I had no spare so my last 2 hours of riding g in the dark was a bit interesting  :lol8: but so we learn. Already replaced the bulb.

Now I probably need to do some sort of an RR  8)

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #4276 on: January 04, 2020, 07:24:57 pm »
Been a while since I last posted something worth while  :lol8: , and as everyone knows this thread is not about SANAP anymore which is fine  :biggrin:

As you know I was just contracted for 3.5 months in the States and I was invited back by the farmer - that if the program continues the way it was since there was a number of changes with new owners to the trucks and so on.

After my 2 week leave in Florida @ house Zog I was immediately in the deep end with agents letting me know that it's time to register for the 2020 agri season and since I am now on the wrong end of 50 I need to market myself. End up to my neck in paperwork - really  :deal: but got it all done by the time my son came back from the States (also agriculture contract - albeit different, he is an qualified millwright or electrician and fitter)

Then we went down to Dorsland to fetch his new XT660Z and we also toured a couple days together before I returned to be with my daughter on Christmas day.

I soon found myself in the same depressed mode of wandering around without much of purpose and done a bit of touch up work here and there in and around the house.

Today I got an e-mail notification from my SA agent that is marketing my profile along all the other farmworkers. There is a place in Nebraska that has invited me for a telephone interview but strangely I was given a time and date: Coming Thursday @ 16H40 SA time. I need to phone and ask for the manager (got his name) and he will interview me.
Now someone else told me that he was also recruited the same way and the telephone conversation was a couple hundred rand, so atleast I know this is legit and the way some of these companies operate - maybe they want to see if you really want the job and will go through the expense and effort.  :3some:

So I googled 'Prepaid/Vodacom/SA to USA tariff'.....I still need to see if there is just maybe a cheaper way but a whatsapp or Skype call is not an option - USA Landline. So all good....I'll do it and see what comes of it.

I was and still is trying my best to get any other job that may suit me better and one WD linked me with a lodge in Malawi - management walked over to another camp and the lodge was temporary closed. I phoned the lady but she did not answered, and a day later she answered a whatsapp message by saying she is now in partnership with someone else and no need for a camp manager...pok  :patch: there goes a dream but thank you sir (you know who you are) for going through the effort to try and help.

So to all who think that farmwork is not all that hard in the States and for that matter elsewhere have a read at the attached (saved as a picture) to give you an idea what I am aspiring or rather applying for now.....and it sounds not all that bad compared to some other deals! I like the salary, its a bit more than what I have earned in KS. So lets see.....but still hoping for that camp or lodge management position  :thumleft:

Offline eberhard

• Bike: Moto Guzzi (all models)
  • Time takes a cigarette...
« Reply #4277 on: January 04, 2020, 07:50:22 pm »

I was and still is trying my best to get any other job that may suit me better

It IS there. You will get it it!  :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
eberhard
Agostini 1000
R90S
R80/7
R75/5 Big Boy 150 Vuka 110

Offline Oubones

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #4278 on: January 04, 2020, 08:37:45 pm »
You worry too much!
You are a good hard worker with good skills and integrity, you will find what you want!
Patience and perseverance, my friend. :thumleft:
I know it is difficult to keep the darkness away, but you are strong!
You know here is a place for you anytime!
PS. I have plenty too keep you busy! :ricky: :pot:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 08:39:32 pm by Oubones »
Dakar 650
SR 500

Offline Ri

• Bikermouse
  • DR650 Admirer
« Reply #4279 on: January 04, 2020, 09:53:41 pm »
Also since you have nothing to do at home, why not go riding for a bit? @ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS and the Karoo awaits :ricky: