Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: TVB op vakansie na Gough Eiland  (Read 374726 times)

Bernoulli and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Tom van Brits

Re: TVB op vakansie na Gough Eiland
« Reply #4380 on: February 18, 2020, 08:18:55 pm »
Remember Tom, ask for shovels this time, not spades  O0  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

:peepwall:

Ok so Sunday night I have boarded KLM Royal Dutch airlines to Amsterdam, yesterday to Minneapolis and later to Omaha and then a road trip to Lincoln.
We got booked into a very nice hotel, had free take aways and a good breakfast.
Then the boss took us to Wells Fargo bank to set up bank accounts, and to deposit our Visa reimbursement of 190 usd.
Now waiting to go through drug screening and to do some physical strength test like lifting 50lbs a couple of times and medical fitness.
Then well go to Dorchester to start orientation and I will be transferred maybe In 2 days time to Marysville Kansas where I'll be reviewing my Cdl and commence with my farmwork and elevator work.

Just passed the medical tests - got called in halfway through the post so I'm good to continue.

Best  :thumleft:

Offline BMWPE

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Port Elizabeth
« Reply #4381 on: February 18, 2020, 08:33:56 pm »
 :thumleft: :thumleft:
Rallye

Offline woody1

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • XT1200ZE "Vinnige" Witte
« Reply #4382 on: February 18, 2020, 08:41:49 pm »
Lekker man. Klink na n goeie setup die keer.

I WOULD RATHER BE AN HONEST ASSHOLE .... THAN A FLIPPEN LIAR !   

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

The following users thanked this post: Tom van Brits

Offline Oubones

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #4383 on: February 18, 2020, 09:45:05 pm »
Lekker, geniet en ek glo jy gaan weer goed doen! :thumleft:
Dankie vir die opdateer.
Dakar 650
SR 500

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #4384 on: February 18, 2020, 11:08:39 pm »
Welcome back to the United States of America, Tom!  Enjoy.
🇺🇸🇨🇦🇩🇪🇬🇧🇿🇦

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #4385 on: February 18, 2020, 11:50:02 pm »
Welcome back to the United States of America, Tom!  Enjoy.

Thank you sir!   :thumleft:

Boss said he'll do our 5 that's going to KS Marysville training that side, so well soon hit the road and tonight we'll be settling in.
Everything is well organized and professional, I am excited about this job!!  :)

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #4386 on: February 19, 2020, 04:44:48 am »
 :)

Offline Ri

• Bikermouse
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 Admirer
« Reply #4387 on: February 19, 2020, 07:45:18 am »

:thumleft: If I can someday get over my fear of long flights, Hennie, I'll make it happen.

Cruise over on a container ship. Maybe you can even load your bike :lol8:
Tales of the Purple Turtles: Ride Reports
PROJECT SAS WILDEHOND III Contributions: R Snyman Capitec Savings Account 1545860511 Balance (2017/12/07): R3,190.23 - R1,600 for steel purchase

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #4388 on: February 19, 2020, 07:55:46 am »

:thumleft: If I can someday get over my fear of long flights, Hennie, I'll make it happen.

Will there be anyone left to ride with, Corona has arrived in the biggest petrie dish on the planet?

🇺🇸🇨🇦🇩🇪🇬🇧🇿🇦

Offline Ri

• Bikermouse
  • DR650 Admirer
« Reply #4389 on: February 19, 2020, 08:10:46 am »

Will there be anyone left to ride with, Corona has arrived in the biggest petrie dish on the planet?

Not in Africa yet, unless you bring it, and the long journey with fresh sea air should cure you before you get here. That is, if you don't die and take out the whole container ship crew :o
PROJECT SAS WILDEHOND III Contributions: R Snyman Capitec Savings Account 1545860511 Balance (2017/12/07): R3,190.23 - R1,600 for steel purchase

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #4390 on: February 20, 2020, 04:10:48 am »
Have you ever started working at a place thinking this is to good to be true?  ???

Today we had a road trip back to the training facility in Nabraska and had proper induction.
Since our arrival we haven't spent a cent on food or anything other than reactivating cellphone and service plan for usd 55.
That gives me unlimited data and unlimited calls within the States.

We got branded clothing, 1 x proper raincoat, 1 x very warm jacket and 2 x fleece, a lot of T shirts and a 100dollar voucher to buy boots of our choice for work.

We will learn to drive a locomotive to do our own shunting when loading trains, we will rotate and do various tasks at various farm fields and elevators.

There is so much to learn, no way one will get to know everything here in one season. The people are very professional and my direct supervisor is very knowledgeable.
Most of the supervisors have over 20 years of service here and many of the general workforce over 10 years.

This company is big with 61 depos in different locations in Nebraska and Kansas.

I am excited about my career with the cooperation.

Unfortunately but understandably no pictures allowed with the company logo's.
I will therefore rather focus on sharing news wrt what we get to see and do in our time off in the non busy season.

I have convinced a couple of guys to buy mtb's which we will use to explore and then there is good fishing spots around and various fresh water fish like bass and also some sort of a catfish and so on.
The town of Marysville is rather beutiful and also Hanover where I'll be working a lot.

Tomorrow more training focused on Hse on the dangerous goods like herbicides we'll be handling as well as some ammonia products and then working at heights etc.

I find this very interesting and hope I will cope, perform well and add value to the program.

We are off to bed now and you guys are almost waking up for a new day!  :thumleft:

Offline Ri

• Bikermouse
  • DR650 Admirer
« Reply #4391 on: February 20, 2020, 06:37:44 am »
Oh. My. Word. This time around you're actually going to have FREE TIME?!! Never mind that, they also pay for your food as well as providing proper boarding and clothes?!! Good grief, I'm impressed! Compared to your previous outfit, this is chalk and cheese! Hope the great stuff continuous happening :thumleft:

As to you impressing them and adding value... not a doubt in my mind. You and Mr Zog are cut from the same cloth: hard-working people who go above and beyond.

Are there any guys here that you worked with on your previous season? Or all new colleagues?

Offline woody1

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #4392 on: February 20, 2020, 07:22:12 am »
I did some reading of your new town. Apparently the Pony Express history is in your town. We will get some pictures of it I suppose  :deal:

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

Online Black_Hawk

• BackroadRiderZA
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Follow our blog: https://mytownsatoz.wordpress.com
    • My Towns A to Z
« Reply #4393 on: February 20, 2020, 09:36:41 am »
I'm glad that all worked out for you Tom and that you enjoy your current surroundings and the job. All of the best and keep us posted please  :thumleft:
Follow our blog: https://mytownsatoz.wordpress.com

2010 F650GS (Sold), 2009 BMW F800GS, 2002 BMW F650GS (Sold), 1982 Honda XR 200R, 1984 Honda XL 600R

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #4394 on: February 20, 2020, 01:45:36 pm »
Oh. My. Word. This time around you're actually going to have FREE TIME?!! Never mind that, they also pay for your food as well as providing proper boarding and clothes?!! Good grief, I'm impressed! Compared to your previous outfit, this is chalk and cheese! Hope the great stuff continuous happening :thumleft:

As to you impressing them and adding value... not a doubt in my mind. You and Mr Zog are cut from the same cloth: hard-working people who go above and beyond.

Are there any guys here that you worked with on your previous season? Or all new colleagues?

Everyone new Ri, we all met at the airport in Johannesburg and Amsterdam.

Yes the food is what they say a little welcoming help till our first pay which is a direct deposit and not a check.
That is why they helped us to open up accounts at a good international bank.
Very excited and getting ready for training now.
14 degrees Farenheit this morning...brrrrr

I did some reading of your new town. Apparently the Pony Express history is in your town. We will get some pictures of it I suppose  :deal:

Yes and every year there is an reinactment!!

I'm glad that all worked out for you Tom and that you enjoy your current surroundings and the job. All of the best and keep us posted please  :thumleft:

Thank you sir  :thumleft:

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #4395 on: February 21, 2020, 02:37:39 am »
Today was Health and safety and other related training in both grain and agronomy.
Each guy was given a computer and had to create a profile on a special section where you log into the companies training section.
So you got to pay attention, do the training and then take different short tests and the end of the day we had to do a proper exam where I scored 95%. Quite chuffed with the results!!

We also did our practical examinations on operating a forklift, so now we all are certified on that as well.

We were divided now in 2 main groups and I was selected to work grain with some other guys, the other on agronomy.
We have learned a lot, especially about NH3!!  :o Very important to know your way around some of these products but everyday I'm learning something new and I am Very excited about this contract which I hope will grow into a more permanent career.

Early days but yes I am happy!!  :thumleft:

Offline woody1

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #4396 on: February 21, 2020, 07:10:30 am »
You will mis changing tires... :pot: :peepwall: :laughing4:

Offline EssBee

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #4397 on: February 21, 2020, 01:34:26 pm »
Nice, Tom, sounds really good!

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #4398 on: February 21, 2020, 03:04:31 pm »

NO  ::)

:imaposer:

Nice, Tom, sounds really good!

:thumleft:

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #4399 on: February 22, 2020, 03:32:40 am »

Now he's gonna change the tyres on the train loco's  :pot: :imaposer:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.