Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: TVB op vakansie na Gough Eiland  (Read 438027 times)

Online Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
Re: TVB op vakansie na Gough Eiland
« Reply #4800 on: June 30, 2020, 03:18:05 pm »
Tom when you have filled a 100 carts how much throttle do you have to give to start moving the train to move forward for the next cart to be filled?
I assume they are diesel electric, they pull proper off the bottom.  >:D
So it will begin to move that lot on idle or slightly above?

The Diesels drive generators, which drive electric motors, so diesels will fire up to reasonable revs to provide the power then the electric drives take over, maximum torque at 0 revs so they pull anything.  :biggrin:
Titty bars aren't bad if you enjoy being sexually aroused without an outlet. Oh, and they're also convenient if you're in the mood for paying double the normal price for a drink. If I'm in the mood to be treated poorly while giving up large amounts of cash, I visit a BMW dealership”. RobZim

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #4801 on: June 30, 2020, 11:25:11 pm »
Tom when you have filled a 100 carts how much throttle do you have to give to start moving the train to move forward for the next cart to be filled?

Only throttle 3 out of 8, it already moves on 2 but when you up to 3 things starts happening.
Will have to find out if its diesel electric though.

Offline ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #4802 on: June 30, 2020, 11:31:19 pm »

Looks like it Tom.
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #4803 on: June 30, 2020, 11:42:36 pm »

Looks like it Tom.

Just confirmed, Dieselelectric yes  :thumleft:

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #4804 on: June 30, 2020, 11:44:21 pm »

Looks like it Tom.

Damn that would be impossible to spin!! ;) >:D :lol8:
info@dustriders.co.za
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #4805 on: July 01, 2020, 03:14:06 am »

Looks like it Tom.

Chris I am NOT going to try  :sip: :deal:  :lol8:

Today one of our men got sacked  :-[ but sadly his mistake to make and the consequences..... A real good oke, hard worker and very knowledgeable. Not even due to something work related and I have seen a number of people throughout the years losing their jobs after hours because of alcohol related incidents.
Lucky for him; many farmers are currently desperate for H2a workers and he got scooped up by one and will by flying out to Texas tonight; talk about relieve and a second change!!

Originally we were a group of 16, now 13 remains. I will stay put even if a farmer offers me more, since I know what I currently have. The best boss, I'm learning a great deal and he looks after me. I am 100% honest with him, even wrt my back pain at times and I dont get special treatment but he always moves me around and that helps a lot. I will keep on doing this for as long as I can and my body allows and by then hopefully I would have something else in place.
Currently I'm hauling grain longish distance, 40miles oneway and will be doing that for maybe the next 2 days.

My boss asked me if I'll work at Hanover KS KS Friday and Saturday since it is 4th of July independence celebration and I said ofcourse yes. Maybe not full day but that does not matter, it is currently weat harvesting and the farmers will bring grain.
The weat harvest is a bit under expectations this year, got cold damage and the avg bushels per acre is only 27 with an avg protein of 12. Some farmers are getting 40 bushels an acre.

From time to time I'll post a cellphone picture to help tell the story, camera is in the truck but only when I want to make a good picture.
On my way from Hanover with a temperature of 98degrees farenheit and an aircon not working I quickly stopped at the gas station for a lekker soft serve. A bargain at $1.50  :)

Offline woody1

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • XT1200ZE "Vinnige" Witte
« Reply #4806 on: July 01, 2020, 07:08:17 am »
Bly jy het by so n goeie baas uitgekom.
Daai roomys kort nou net Milo.. of n Flake DAN is hy reg :laughing4:

I WOULD RATHER BE AN HONEST ASSHOLE .... THAN A FLIPPEN LIAR !   

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

The following users thanked this post: Tom van Brits

Offline Bike_Buddies

« Reply #4807 on: July 01, 2020, 07:23:27 am »
Tom, doen jul op gereelde basis Alcohol Breathalyser toetse ??

Offline EssBee

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #4808 on: July 01, 2020, 08:12:47 am »
"The Diesels drive generators, which drive electric motors, so diesels will fire up to reasonable revs to provide the power then the electric drives take over, maximum torque at 0 revs so they pull anything.  :biggrin: "

I remember, when I was way younger and someone explained this to me, I was actually disappointed. I envisaged a diesel loco to be like a big truck with an accelerator pedal and clutch.  ::) Why all this "unnesessary complications" with generators and electric motors....

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #4809 on: July 01, 2020, 09:46:23 am »
 for a lekker soft serve.

Passop ve roadside kos in die US, dis vinnigste manier om vet te word. Waarsku die man wat mal was oor hul roadside diners en die kos en die mense daar. Niks lekkerder as n diner se breakfast en koffie. En elke diner se kos is anders.
info@dustriders.co.za
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #4810 on: July 01, 2020, 01:18:06 pm »
Tom, doen jul op gereelde basis Alcohol Breathalyser toetse ??

Nee gladnie, die voorval het na ure gebeur.
Dit kompliseer sake as jy by jou werkgewer woon of soos in ons geval huise verskaf word want dan is daar ook n kontrak rakende huis reels en jou verhouding met jou huismaats asook die werks vervoer wat gebrandmerk is.

for a lekker soft serve.

Passop ve roadside kos in die US, dis vinnigste manier om vet te word. Waarsku die man wat mal was oor hul roadside diners en die kos en die mense daar. Niks lekkerder as n diner se breakfast en koffie. En elke diner se kos is anders.

Yes Chris you are right, their diners are unique and the food is rather good. I dont get time for running anymore and in the evenings it is just too warm.....last night at 21H00 it was still 88 farenheit which translates to 31 degree C and humidity in the 90's. I just cant get up early to run knowing I have a full day of physical labour ahead. Not always but you never know, and I prefer to play it safe at work.
Will keep an eye on my diet, cant afford getting overweight.  :lol8:

Offline windswept

« Reply #4811 on: July 01, 2020, 02:31:11 pm »
Them biscuits and gravy looks good, but would put on a kg or ten if eaten every day :biggrin:. The biscuits are like an oversize scone if I'm not mistaken and what we call biscuits are called cookies that side.

Love the sound of a diesel/electric loco, hear them every day on the iron ore line. Other sounds I dig are a Katoom 990 with lekker pipes and the Scanias when crossing the Berg River bridge.

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #4812 on: July 01, 2020, 02:49:59 pm »
 and the Scanias when crossing the Berg River bridge.

Like so?!! :thumleft: :drif: :drif:

info@dustriders.co.za
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline windswept

« Reply #4813 on: July 01, 2020, 02:58:18 pm »
The sound travels down or up the river, so it carries far. I'm a Cummins fan, Foden with Jakes brake is music to my ears, but a Scania has a beat when going through the gears. I last drove a Foden back in '85 so a bit old school.  8)

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #4814 on: July 01, 2020, 03:03:59 pm »
The sound travels down or up the river, so it carries far. I'm a Cummins fan, Foden with Jakes brake is music to my ears, but a Scania has a beat when going through the gears. I last drove a Foden back in '85 so a bit old school.  8)
Climbing out of Klein Windhoek over the neck towards town and the road south to RSA i used to wind the window down. Between the buildings my V8 was music to the ears!! :drif: :drif:

Sorry vir die highjack Tom.
info@dustriders.co.za
www.dustriders.co.za

Online Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #4815 on: July 01, 2020, 03:06:44 pm »

Looks like it Tom.

Nope, the opposite sort of, have you seen those pictures of melted rail tracks before? usually a loco sitting idling under load with train brakes on, not enough traction to move but SLOOOOwly the wheels turn as the electrical torque is huge.....  :sip:       
Titty bars aren't bad if you enjoy being sexually aroused without an outlet. Oh, and they're also convenient if you're in the mood for paying double the normal price for a drink. If I'm in the mood to be treated poorly while giving up large amounts of cash, I visit a BMW dealership”. RobZim

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #4816 on: July 02, 2020, 03:58:46 am »
Climbing out of Klein Windhoek over the neck towards town and the road south to RSA i used to wind the window down. Between the buildings my V8 was music to the ears!! :drif: :drif:

Sorry vir die highjack Tom.

Not at all, anything trucking, farming and whatever else goes - this is a lekker social thread.

This old big boy has got a Detroit motor, I also love Cummins especially in Peterbilt but when I drive the dry fertiliser tender in Fairbury Nebraska I get to experience the most beautiful engine note from a Freightliner with a Mercedes engine. Pure magic, and remember in the States you do not get slow moving trucs....for real. Here the speedlimit on all vehicles are the same and that to keep the trafic flow and also because of the vast distances to be covered. So I will load my 52 000 pounds beans and then set my speed control on 65 miles an hour  :)

Offline roxenz

• rocks make sense
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • cheerful yesterdays and confident tomorrows
« Reply #4817 on: July 02, 2020, 07:37:30 am »
Lovely pic that, Tom!  :3some:

Offline EssBee

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #4818 on: July 02, 2020, 09:46:17 am »
Jirre, that rig is beeg!

Offline Wayne

« Reply #4819 on: July 02, 2020, 11:21:03 am »
The movies probably exaggerate the lifestyle but I think a truck driver in the US of A has always appealed to me. Something about the nomadic type lifestyle I suppose.

Then you get those ice road truckers. Hardcore those guys.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.