Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: TVB op vakansie na Gough Eiland  (Read 494721 times)

Takashi, davidmalan and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Teelhond
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • ChrisL .. aka...Chris Louw
    • dustriders.co.za
Re: TVB op vakansie na Gough Eiland
« Reply #5500 on: January 20, 2021, 09:25:49 am »
I will have to take pain meds when needed.

Goeie nuus Tom. Probleem is wanneer die pyn begin het jy so baie pille nodig dit vat n hele ruk vir dit om in te skop. Ek is aanbeveel om elke dag pyn medikasie te vat instede van net wanneer ek dit nodig het en ook inflammetoriese medikasie permanent. Dit help soort van.

Jy moet wanneer jy weer n seizure kry die Voltaren/Cortozone konkoksie laat inspuit. Ek belowe jou jou rug gaan jou vir maande nie pla nie. Try dit net een keer.Vra daai spesialis voor jy teruggaan wat sy opinie is daarvan as jy jou in die US moet laat spuit.
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

The following users thanked this post: Tom van Brits

Offline Wayne

« Reply #5501 on: January 20, 2021, 09:28:55 am »
Absolutely brilliant news concerning your back. You at least have a plan of action now.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #5502 on: January 20, 2021, 10:02:05 am »
Thanks to everyone for the replies, appreciated!

I will hear what the physiotherapist advises other than the core excersises.

Any change in profile like changing shoes gives me back pain, so I have 2 x pair of running shoes that are the same. The same goes for work boots etc. The gradual inserts may help over time but this is not what caused the injury nor the pain. The lateral (side ways) curve of the spine was caused due to the shortened leg of 17 years already but the pain issue mainly result due to the damage which is the 2 x tears in discs and the spinal cord bulges and then over work thereof. The remedy will be core strength so that Muscles will take the strain of the heavy lifting hence reducing the stress on the vertebrae and core.

Tom, ek weet jy is lief om te draf, dink jy nie dit dra by tot die pyn in die rug nie?  'n Ander opsie om fiks te bly is fietsry of enige iets anders wat die drukking/stampery op die rug verminder.     

Correct wrt long distance running; sadly not good at all.
Shorter distances is however acceptable and more so on a treadmill
He has explained to me the typical triangle as result of a shortened leg and that is
Lateral concave curve of the lower spine, hip cartilage and tendon issues on shortened side and knee problems on opposite side.  The knee gives me a hard time for a while already hence the fitment of cruiser footpegs on my bikes bash plate soon.

Thanks guys  :thumleft:

Offline Blou Zebu

• Alika voalohoany eto i'Madagasikara
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • Justice, mercy and humble obedience.
« Reply #5503 on: January 20, 2021, 04:08:15 pm »
Tom, ek weet jy is lief om te draf, dink jy nie dit dra by tot die pyn in die rug nie?  'n Ander opsie om fiks te bly is fietsry of enige iets anders wat die drukking/stampery op die rug verminder.     
Ek is baie bly Tom. Dit is goeie nuus vir jou!

Anyway net om @Vis Arend se teorie bietjie verder uit te brei

XT 350 STOLEN!!!!
DR650SE 2006 Ek en die Dominee gaan orals!

Let me know if youre ever in Madagascar.
Die paaie is lank, wild en woes!

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #5504 on: January 20, 2021, 08:06:01 pm »
A good joke but @Blou Zebu  :lol8: and I see it to lighten the mood of the thread but so not me.
I know very well to treat a lady with respect and have mostly cooked, done the washing and housekeeping or to the minimum shared the chores.  :3some:
Like most of you know; I'm single for many years but still love to treat people every now and again with fresh baked and so on.
Obviously was not near perfect hence ending up being single but maybe I'll hook up one day in a good romance again. I sometimes feels quite ready for that, no man is an island right 😆

This morning Desertfox dropped off some footpegs and I fitted them to my bike late afternoon, now I can stretch my legs on longer rides!  :biggrin:

Online woody1

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • XT1200ZE "Vinnige" Witte
« Reply #5505 on: January 20, 2021, 08:29:01 pm »
Harley Davidson Honda :imaposer:

I WOULD RATHER BE AN HONEST ASSHOLE .... THAN A FLIPPEN LIAR !   

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #5506 on: January 20, 2021, 08:51:08 pm »
Harley Davidson Honda :imaposer:

:spitcoffee: cheap Harley yeah!! I wouldn't mind a real Harley....yes I've always admired Milwaukee steel!!  :deal: :3some:

Offline thabogrobler

« Reply #5507 on: January 20, 2021, 09:52:27 pm »
Thanks to everyone for the replies, appreciated!

I will hear what the physiotherapist advises other than the core excersises.

Any change in profile like changing shoes gives me back pain, so I have 2 x pair of running shoes that are the same. The same goes for work boots etc. The gradual inserts may help over time but this is not what caused the injury nor the pain. The lateral (side ways) curve of the spine was caused due to the shortened leg of 17 years already but the pain issue mainly result due to the damage which is the 2 x tears in discs and the spinal cord bulges and then over work thereof. The remedy will be core strength so that Muscles will take the strain of the heavy lifting hence reducing the stress on the vertebrae and core.

Correct wrt long distance running; sadly not good at all.
Shorter distances is however acceptable and more so on a treadmill
He has explained to me the typical triangle as result of a shortened leg and that is
Lateral concave curve of the lower spine, hip cartilage and tendon issues on shortened side and knee problems on opposite side.  The knee gives me a hard time for a while already hence the fitment of cruiser footpegs on my bikes bash plate soon.

Thanks guys  :thumleft:

Dan moet jy maar dat die Fisio jou wheel alignment stel!

Offline Blou Zebu

• Alika voalohoany eto i'Madagasikara
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • Justice, mercy and humble obedience.
« Reply #5508 on: January 21, 2021, 06:06:28 am »
A good joke but @Blou Zebu  :lol8: and I see it to lighten the mood of the thread but so not me.
I know very well to treat a lady with respect and have mostly cooked, done the washing and housekeeping or to the minimum shared the chores.  :3some:
Like most of you know; I'm single for many years but still love to treat people every now and again with fresh baked and so on.
Obviously was not near perfect hence ending up being single but maybe I'll hook up one day in a good romance again. I sometimes feels quite ready for that, no man is an island right 😆

This morning Desertfox dropped off some footpegs and I fitted them to my bike late afternoon, now I can stretch my legs on longer rides!  :biggrin:
You misunderstood! She is protecting your back!  :imaposer:

My coccyx stuitjie is giving me a hard time on the comfy DR seat. Probably gout related. Already on allupuranol 300mg and colchicine. It really removed the pain from my feet though
XT 350 STOLEN!!!!
DR650SE 2006 Ek en die Dominee gaan orals!

Let me know if youre ever in Madagascar.
Die paaie is lank, wild en woes!

Offline Tom van Brits

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #5510 on: January 22, 2021, 11:09:18 am »
I have been to my physiotherapy session today, and to say the therapist was shocked is probably an understatement
Like 1 of the Wd's recommended (can't recall who) she wants met to start using an insert in my shoes (short leg side)
Apparently (like the doc said) I'm only articulating between L4 and 5 and that puts tremendous strain on my back and as result pressure on the nerve tunnel (foramen) which results in the radiated pain in my bud.
So she examined, measured, manipulated and then done her thing with the special apparatus they uses.
I was in pain on arrival but left without a hint of pain, honest truth!
I went directly to the gym for a moderate workout and now I'll take it slow till Monday's double session.
She has explained it in such a great way like no one ever before bit my English will fail me here.
I can do (and did in the gym this morning) 2 sets x 50 situps easily as well as the outside back muscle excersise machine.
Since Army I have never stopped doing situps and can go on.....so that is (let me try) like a tin of fruit. The outside wall is the abdominal muscles and the back muscles (2 thick muscles next to spine) and the bottom and top of the tin to keep it strong is on the top the diaphragm and muscle group and at the bottom muscles from the pelvis that foes up the inner core of the spine.
So that's where Tom's problem is....them top and bottom lid of that tin!!

So then she wants to loosen my shortened Achilles tendon and work on me opposite knee.
Respect for a remarkable professional woman, I got all my trust in her.

You have a good weekend friends  :thumleft:

Online frankmac

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Singer (all models)
  • You want my what??
« Reply #5511 on: January 22, 2021, 11:30:25 am »
Good news for a change, Tom. At least the issue has been identified and can be remedied. 

I'm sure a big relief for you.

Online BigEd

• Race Dog
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Panorama, Cape Town
« Reply #5512 on: January 22, 2021, 11:47:09 am »
It was me regarding the insert... it worked for SWAMBO.  :thumleft:

Good luck for the rest too :thumleft:
81 XT500 (sold) 82 GPZ550 (sold)
04 XL650V Transalp (sold) 01 XL1000V Varadero (sold)
88 DR750s Dr Big (sold) 01 R1150GS BMW (sold)
84 XT600 Tenere 34L (sold)
?? Trek 6000 flippen martelpyp (current)

Offline subie

• Local Mods
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • Liberalism is the ideology of Western suicide.
« Reply #5513 on: January 22, 2021, 03:44:53 pm »
Is Tristan da Cunha en Cough eiland dieselfde eiland groep. Sien n seilboot terug van Rio oppad kaapstad toe het daar geanker.
Is nogal yachts wat daar omgaan https://www.tristandc.com/shipping/news-2020-02-25-Rotary-Scout-Argonaut.php
As time washes by, our footprints are all for naught

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #5514 on: January 22, 2021, 04:13:43 pm »
Is Tristan da Cunha en Cough eiland dieselfde eiland groep. Sien n seilboot terug van Rio oppad kaapstad toe het daar geanker.
Is nogal yachts wat daar omgaan https://www.tristandc.com/shipping/news-2020-02-25-Rotary-Scout-Argonaut.php

Yes @subie Tristan, Inaccessible and Nightingale is close to each other.....you can see them from the main island Tristan da Cunha and Gough is 400 see miles away but the same group.
No landing allowed at Gough and none at Inaccessible but organized tours on both Tristan and Nightingale

Very sensitive habitat

The following users thanked this post: subie

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #5515 on: January 23, 2021, 06:38:06 pm »
5 Years and 40k km relationship, yes she's not bad  :lol8:

Online Black_Hawk

• BackroadRiderZA
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Follow our blog: https://mytownsatoz.wordpress.com
    • My Towns A to Z
« Reply #5516 on: January 23, 2021, 06:46:39 pm »
Seems like a good relationship  :thumleft:
Follow our blog: https://mytownsatoz.wordpress.com

2010 F650GS (Sold), 2009 BMW F800GS, 2002 BMW F650GS (Sold), 1982 Honda XR200R, 1983 Honda XL600R

Online woody1

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • XT1200ZE "Vinnige" Witte
« Reply #5517 on: January 23, 2021, 07:33:34 pm »
Seker die langste wat jy nog n bike gehou het :peepwall: :imaposer:

I WOULD RATHER BE AN HONEST ASSHOLE .... THAN A FLIPPEN LIAR !   

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #5518 on: January 23, 2021, 07:59:50 pm »
Seker die langste wat jy nog n bike gehou het :peepwall: :imaposer:

Nope, my Z750 was 110k km and 10 or 11 years with me. I will not keep the NC much longer, looking for a more dirt orientated bike but probably after my next rotation. Something light because of my back issues, maybe the Honda XR300L and then a small car or bakkie.

The bike that was the most fun to own ever was the Triumph Sprint 1050. The XC800 close second and then the old Z750, maybe moreso because of memories  :3some:

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • We need a strong man. Strong like Stalin
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #5519 on: January 25, 2021, 07:33:07 am »
O donner Tom, check net... het vanoggend op Netwerk24 gesien dat reisigers uit SA na die USA verbied word agv die SAFFA virus varient.