Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: TVB op vakansie na Gough Eiland  (Read 411425 times)

Offline Tom van Brits

Re: TVB op vakansie na Gough Eiland
« Reply #4620 on: May 21, 2020, 07:13:44 pm »

I'll rather ride the Springer then, thank you sir!!  :thumleft:

Will sound weird to tell the guys Monday morning; I rode a fatboy this weekend  :o  :lol8:

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
TVB op vakansie na Gough Eiland
« Reply #4621 on: May 21, 2020, 07:14:21 pm »
Youre going to be Harley Pirate by Monday morning  :imaposer: :imaposer: :pot:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 07:18:45 pm by big oil »

Offline woody1

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • XT1200ZE "Vinnige" Witte
« Reply #4622 on: May 21, 2020, 07:48:41 pm »
I think the bike will need a wash after Sunday....all that drool out of your mouth....it will be a mess :imaposer:

I WOULD RATHER BE AN HONEST ASSHOLE .... THAN A FLIPPEN LIAR !   

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

Online Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #4623 on: May 21, 2020, 07:51:52 pm »
I think the bike will need a wash after Sunday....all that drool out of your mouth....it will be a mess :imaposer:

Like a Dane with his head hanging out the window, a real tongue lashing.  :biggrin:
Trying to outlive Keith Richard.

Offline Ri

• Bikermouse
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 Admirer
« Reply #4624 on: May 21, 2020, 08:31:50 pm »
Sorry, I'm just catching up...

Continue to ignore the specials at B&H :sip:

@Ri, I remember not so long ago (November 2019, to be exact), when TvB was visiting Casa Zog and he and I were standing in the kitchen cooking and talking about all kinds of stuff, and then we talked about photography, and I said to him, "Have you checked at B&H?" He said "What's B&H?"  :imaposer: I guess I should say, sorry, my bad.  :imaposer:

Tom, thanks for the lovely Whatsapp birthday chat today! :)

Tsk >:(

It's your money, of course, Tom. Enjoy the Harley!
Tales of the Purple Turtles: Ride Reports
PROJECT SAS WILDEHOND III Contributions: R Snyman Capitec Savings Account 1545860511 Balance (2017/12/07): R3,190.23 - R1,600 for steel purchase

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #4625 on: May 22, 2020, 04:04:46 am »
Guys and girls, after we picked up the bunker at Marietta KS today my boss came by and said I need to help Ryan to service the tractor so that he can move to Diller NE for the next bunker.
You see in America you may service your own vehicle and still retain your warranty.
We had to do the 200hrs oil change.
He said then he would like me to take a load of corn back to Frankfort but I told him about the air suspension of the grain hopping that still have an intermittent problem even after 2 of our own guys have worked on it but could not get it fixed.
We thought it may be the leveling valve but nada.
So he said in that case I should rather take the truck in to Truck repair shop in Marysville and then come and kill time till 5pm with the guys at Marietta.

Well we got everything sorted on the John Deere, I filled her with 7galons of DEF (emulsion regulation juice) and once Ryan was sorted the manager lead me to the truck shop. We booked her in, and then Mike asked me if I would like to see the Harley Springer I'll get to ride soon....pok yes please  :lol8: :laughing4:

He got one of those lockup storage places in town and I was stunned by what i saw.....the 2 Harleys (Springer with 60 odd thousand miles and fatboy with only 7k miles.
He started the Springer and man  :drif: now I am looking fw for that ride!!

Another gem in his lockup is an old vintage Case tractor that he has restored for his daughter's wedding.
Now this was or is quite something.....I could not believe my eyes and though what other hidden gems might be in these places!!
Then he took me to the big blue river and showed me a place where I can expect to have good river catfish catches.
Apparently different to the flathead catfish that we know in SA and apparently very good tasty meat and a lot of guys already told me that is one fish you do not release as there are many and they are food eating.

Lastly one of the big managers phoned me, but I missed the call since I was in Wallmart shopping groceries.
Well, I obviously phoned back and apologized for missing the call, and then he told me he just wanted to tell me that he appreciated my work and me as a person. Now I don't know if anyone else got this call as well bit what I want to say is this; it was the most humbling experience in a long while and made me feel like a champ.
It is weird when you are doing a humble job at a basic salary breaking sweat daily, but feel like a rich man. I always says you are responsible for your own happyness but man when you have a great boss and another manager that appreciates you, it sure helps a lot.  :3some:

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #4626 on: May 22, 2020, 04:37:37 am »
You must have gained his trust for him to show you such valuables!

Enjoy the Hog ride!  :thumleft:

The following users thanked this post: Tom van Brits

Offline woody1

• Bachelor Dog
  • XT1200ZE "Vinnige" Witte
« Reply #4627 on: May 22, 2020, 07:14:40 am »
Enjoy it. You deserve it. :thumleft:

I WOULD RATHER BE AN HONEST ASSHOLE .... THAN A FLIPPEN LIAR !   

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

Online roxenz

• rocks make sense
  • cheerful yesterdays and confident tomorrows
« Reply #4628 on: May 22, 2020, 08:35:06 am »
Lastly one of the big managers phoned me, but I missed the call since I was in Wallmart shopping groceries.
Well, I obviously phoned back and apologized for missing the call, and then he told me he just wanted to tell me that he appreciated my work and me as a person. Now I don't know if anyone else got this call as well bit what I want to say is this; it was the most humbling experience in a long while and made me feel like a champ.
It is weird when you are doing a humble job at a basic salary breaking sweat daily, but feel like a rich man. I always says you are responsible for your own happyness but man when you have a great boss and another manager that appreciates you, it sure helps a lot.  :3some:

Keep that in the bank Tom!  :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Online ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #4629 on: May 22, 2020, 10:03:45 am »
Tom daai is n Case Dax, my buurman het nou n 100% gerestoreerde een in Parys(die local een) gekoop vir R 55 000.
Hy moes hom net h want sy pa het so n nuwe een gekoop toe hy n kind was.
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Ri

• Bikermouse
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 Admirer
« Reply #4630 on: May 22, 2020, 02:14:40 pm »

Keep that in the bank Tom!  :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Great to have bosses who take the time to give you good feedback. That's a currency that will never lose its value.

Well done, Tom.
Tales of the Purple Turtles: Ride Reports
PROJECT SAS WILDEHOND III Contributions: R Snyman Capitec Savings Account 1545860511 Balance (2017/12/07): R3,190.23 - R1,600 for steel purchase

Offline Oubones

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #4631 on: May 22, 2020, 07:55:10 pm »
Well done my friend!
Your bosses know what they have in you!
I am lucky to also be blessed with working for a guy who thanks me every time I complete a load for him, it makes you feel great to be appreciated.
Keep up the good work!
Dakar 650
SR 500

Offline DSRider.SA

« Reply #4632 on: May 22, 2020, 09:20:20 pm »
Jy gaan n goeie kamera nodig h om die epic bike frip en visvang af te neem.

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #4633 on: May 22, 2020, 11:12:36 pm »

Let me browse B&H once more yes!!  :biggrin:  :imaposer:

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #4634 on: May 23, 2020, 03:35:57 am »

Hey!! Wachitt  :deal:  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline TrailBlazer

• www.a-cut-above.co.za (Laser cutting & Engraving Services)
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
    • A-Cut-Above
« Reply #4635 on: May 23, 2020, 05:40:23 am »

C'mooonnnn Tom, you know you want to... NIKE... (Just Do It)   >:D >:D >:D :pot: :pot: :pot: :peepwall:
There are old riders, and bold riders, but no old, bold riders.

Do not ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

Take only pictures. leave only footprints

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #4636 on: May 23, 2020, 06:39:15 am »
Monday is Memorial day, and it is big HUGE in the States.
Man how they respect the men and woman that serve and served!!
I have been privileged to have served 'in theater ' both Iraq and Afghanistan as a private security detail - operational medic for the States. (Coalition forces) I have done this for a total of 4 years and was a true wannabe USA patriot.
Sadly homeland security scoop me everytime I enter the United States at passport controll for background checks, as for in a thorough check on all my 'ins and outs" with proper contact details, addresses and more before they approve my stay and stamp my passport. 
However, regardless of the 'flag' on my name which they explained will never go away I still remain painfully loyal to the USA and respect them for doing their work in properly.  :3some:
I salute the uniformed Americans for law and order.
Sometimes it feels weird to experience safety as a civilian opposed to many places I've lived and been where you always need to be aware of your surroundings......always double checking if everything is locked and have a plan to escape possible harm and crime.
So come Monday and I'll fly the American flag with pride

We are off Monday but I did get 12 hours overtime already that will make up the time and tomorrow we still have another train (had one today at Hanover and we had to help) for another 10 hours. Only have 3 hours sleep now before Greg and I need to get up and leave for Frankfort shuttle but we should be finished around noon and then we can come back and have 2 days rest.
Looking fw to that  :thumleft: Maybe even get some fishing done, everyone here is just bragging about recent catches so I need to get on the scoreboard as well!!  :lol8: 8)

Hopefully an update soon with some pictures!!

Offline Oubones

« Reply #4637 on: May 23, 2020, 08:10:21 am »
Interesting that they flag you even when you served with them, but I understand that many countries are very scared of any "security " or related people due to terrorism.
I think they just flag you because you are such a nice guy! :thumleft:
Enjoy your two days off!
I " bought" my wife a free Canon Coolpix! Lockdown birthday present. :peepwall:
Got it as broken and just fitted new batteries and working 100% :thumleft:
Dakar 650
SR 500

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #4638 on: May 23, 2020, 03:05:31 pm »
Interesting that they flag you even when you served with them, but I understand that many countries are very scared of any "security " or related people due to terrorism.
I think they just flag you because you are such a nice guy! :thumleft:
Enjoy your two days off!
I " bought" my wife a free Canon Coolpix! Lockdown birthday present. :peepwall:
Got it as broken and just fitted new batteries and working 100% :thumleft:

We cool present and I'm sure your misses is going to have a lot of fun with that camera Oubones :thumleft:

The Officer explained to me that since I am not a US citizen and been working in many countries of conflict (DRC & Sudan as well) I'll always have to go through the security checks. The first time when I entered through Atlanta it was somehow an intimidating affair since I did not know what was happening and been put into a room with cameras with only a couple of Mexicans....I just did not get it, and was saddened that the system did not show that I was in fact back in 2005/6 a Department of offence officer serving for the States.
Throughout the years I got many CA cards (control access) in FOB's (forward operating military bases of the US in Afghanistan) and proudly had scanned copies with me which helped nada.

It seems somehow that their systems does not communicate well with each other, or at least the impression I got. Upon re entry this year through Minneapolis I was expecting this and could not helped to be stressed out since one feel embarrassed when the officers come and collect you and everyone sees that especially my new work colleagues.
So I told one or 2 it may happen, it did but this time an older officer that was kind and doing his job I think the way it is expected. I was also in a waiting area and once they called me 2 officers interviewed me and said "man you had quite an exciting career'.
They asked me questions, made notes but never made me feel (like the previous time) that I am in any kind of trouble.
It was a respectful affair and then unlike last time when I was free to continue but somehow lost he left the desk and guided me all the way to whe I had to get on the train for the next boarding gate which I made just in time!

You se Hennie, the difference is I have served like many other guys and girls here my 2 year compulsory service for the South African defences force, I was 16 months in sector 10 and also came close paying the ultimate price but today I am not flagged but labeled because of that as an apartheid soldier and us SA war veterans have no respect or nothing from today's generation other that them that served with us. While working Psd for USA contractors in the middle east and Persia some also lost their lives, or came close (often) and no recognition again other than we who served, flagged but I do get the impression at least that we are or were appreciated and not condemned like in our own beloved South Africa.
I still so much love my Country and our people, but I am also getting attached to the lifestyle here.

Many ask me if I would be willing to immigrate here should I get the opportunity, and I feel of recent that yes I would. It would however not happen I think, a green card lawyer charge on avg usd 8k, often it is a lot more. I am older man with no workable qualifications, there is a lot against me and then once you here you (obviously) need to own a living here....rent, insurance, medical, pension (little late for that), plus plus and that us dollars and how do I ever afford to go visit my family? Red tape just too much especially in my case so I got to do a mindhift back to my original plan of earning dollars for as long as they want me here and my health allow and come back and make it work on a minimalist lifestyle and that exciting to look fw to oneday!!

Lifes good   :3some:  :thumleft:

Offline Oubones

« Reply #4639 on: May 23, 2020, 08:00:51 pm »
My brother worked on the ships and did the same as you, earned $'s for as long as he could and got his expenses down as low as he could in order to stay alive when older.
At least here you can live cheap!
Your plans will work out!
Dakar 650
SR 500