Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Seriously need help to source a long range tank - THANKS !!! Sorted  (Read 1501 times)

Offline Kevin_ZA

If I am able to get all my ducks in a row within the next week I may be able to enter the Amageza (yes  I know the  entry date has closed).
I need to source a long range tank for a KTM 525 2006.
I have unfinished buisness with the Amageza and frustrations carried over from the Namaqua !!!
Please help...the bones are getting old and I am not sure about next year as I am rapidly reaching the  old and slow stage. Some say I have already reached that stage but I must still try.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 08:22:27 am by Kevin_ZA »
Everyone knows the saying " a day without wine is like a day without sunshine"  Truely applicable but as important - a day without my bike is like a day without sunshine !!!

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
Wow Kevin, I hope you can pull a rabbit out of the hat here! :thumleft:

My advice is to go onto ADV rider and ask there in the racing section as well. I unfortunately dont have a tank. Another idea is to talk to N[]va on the fórum; he has a race ready bike that might not have been lent/sold to someone else.
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Online LoopSoosStroop

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-250 Rally
  • Long live the TTR
Just Gas Tanks?

They will have.

Offline Kevin_ZA

Wow Kevin, I hope you can pull a rabbit out of the hat here! :thumleft:

My advice is to go onto ADV rider and ask there in the racing section as well. I unfortunately dont have a tank. Another idea is to talk to N[]va on the fórum; he has a race ready bike that might not have been lent/sold to someone else.
Thanks ....This forum is awesome. Thought I would be bumped for posting this in the  Racing Section but the passion reflected in the racing section is fantastic. With all the leads I am getting it looks like this may become a reality. It took lots of dinners and red wine to explain to my lovely wife that I will not be home for our wedding anniversary....I might be pushing it a bit by telling her that a 525 tank is no longer available and I therefore need a later KTM 500 six days with a big tank - like the new one at Gateway !!!
Everyone knows the saying " a day without wine is like a day without sunshine"  Truely applicable but as important - a day without my bike is like a day without sunshine !!!

Offline T9ER

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure R
  • Fortune favors the brave
    • Joeyevans.co.za
Definitely no tanks available on the planet, they were never made, no one will ever make them. It is impossible to convert that bike, you are forced nay dragged kicking and screaming into Gateway. Sorry for the bad news. My thoughts are with you and your wife at this difficult time.
The only disability in life is a bad attitude.

KTM 450RR

Offline bonova

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Get busy living or get busy dying
Definitely no tanks available on the planet, they were never made, no one will ever make them. It is impossible to convert that bike, you are forced nay dragged kicking and screaming into Gateway. Sorry for the bad news. My thoughts are with you and your wife at this difficult time.

Bwahahahaha
BMW F650 DAKAR ; BMW 650 X-Challenge ; YAMAHA 660 TENERE ; BMW 800 GS KTM 200EXC. Now - KTM 950 Adventure S, KTM 250 XC-W and BMW 450 Rally

if u are interested in something no matter what it is, go at it full speed ahead, luke warm is no good, hot is no good either, white hot and passionate is the only thing to be...

Offline Kevin_ZA

Good one Joey...hope you are feeling better.
Conrad from Offroad Cycles has come to the rescue, as always - thanks Conrad. You rock (and no swear words were exchanged).
Only 2 more ducks to sort out and I hope to see you at the Amageza...

Offline Koos van den Heever

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
Good one Joey...hope you are feeling better.
Conrad from Offroad Cycles has come to the rescue, as always - thanks Conrad. You rock (and no swear words were exchanged).
Only 2 more ducks to sort out and I hope to see you at the Amageza...

:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
KTM 990 Adventure S
KTM 690 Enduro RR
KTM 450 RFR
KTM XCF-W 350

Offline markdiver

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • It's better to burn out, than fade away!
Lekker Kevin, look forward to seeing you again.
Mine - BMW 1200 ADV, KTM 450 RR; HUSABERG TE 300; Goes 320 Quad
Missus - BMW 650 GS.

>< ( ( ((º >`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸>< ( ( ((º >

Offline SteveD

Another idea is to talk to N[]va on the fórum; he has a race ready bike that might not have been lent/sold to someone else.

Kevin, that is a pretty good suggestion:
N[]va's bike is standing at Helderberg Yamaha in Cape Town. WR450 with full JVO kit, all it needs is rally instruments, which you can get from Flying Brick. You can have an Amageza ready bike ready in about two hours.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 09:49:11 pm by SteveD »

Offline Kevin_ZA

Another idea is to talk to N[]va on the fórum; he has a race ready bike that might not have been lent/sold to someone else.

Kevin, that is a pretty good suggestion:
N[]va's bike is standing at Helderberg Yamaha in Cape Town. WR450 with full JVO kit, all it needs is rally instruments, which you can get from Flying Brick. You can have an Amageza ready bike ready in about two hours.
Thanks Steve...if only. Spent that on "wining and dining" my wife to get to this point...and the WR is an awesome bike !

Offline Kevin_ZA

Lekker Kevin, look forward to seeing you again.
Yip ...will be good to see everyone again but I must say that You and Koos are in the "Alien Category". Luckily we need to fill up the spaces and keep out of your way when we start the SS.
Went riding with Koos and I see he has a "lekker" road book of a trip that you did. Is it possible to send me the link to download ?
Thanks - I hope to see you in Upington !!

Offline ChrisMann

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Every day above ground is a good day.
Take my advice; I don't use it anyway.

Offline Crossed-up

• Pangaman
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Yamaha XT500
Buy the bike, swap tanks and sell it again.

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
Re: Seriously need help to source a long range tank - THANKS !!! Sorted
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2014, 07:29:18 am »
Cool stuff....so I take it you are coming to the event then!? :thumleft:

Well done to Conrad as well, he always does his best to help racing nuts.
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline Kevin_ZA

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2014, 03:29:49 pm »
Cool stuff....so I take it you are coming to the event then!? :thumleft:

Well done to Conrad as well, he always does his best to help racing nuts.
Oh yes...your post was so inspirational that I paid 5 minutes later. Still waiting to hear if Alex will allow "old bones" to enter.
In anycase I need to be there when Koos roosts my son seeing I can't do it anymore.!!

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2014, 03:03:46 pm »
:imaposer:

Great to hear Kevin! :thumleft: Im sure he will allow you to enter.