Multistrada - ideal or not

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OFFROAD FANATICS

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Hi there fellow dogs. I need some advise please. I am eyeing a Ducati Multistrada as a bike for all seasons and styles. I currently commute to work and back (+-50 per day) in jhb traffic with my 990r and coming from a superbike and dirtbike background was wondering how the ducati would fit in? From what I could gather from the forum and web it seems that the power and handling on tarmac is sorted and will fit me like a glove. It is however the dirt part that I am worried about. I do +- 6 Dirt trips a year which includes Memel , Groot Marico and Sani Pass type gravel roads.

Look I love the R to piesces but would not mind having something a bit faster. Yes I know the 1190R is the natural choice for any KTM fan but by God that Pikes Peak Ducati just gives me insomnia! Just absolutely gorgeous with a sting. It is like a model that is an outstanding athlete as well.

Or should I just go scratch my as with some 100 grit sanding paper and leave all this insane ramblings and have a beer and be happy with my old 990r.

Help please!

ps. Please do not post any pics of the Pikes Peak!!!!!!!! I stop thinking when I see it.