Aggressive Car Driver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Okay, so this morning I was on my daily commute to work minding my own business - I was traveling on the M1 towards WITS.
I get to the Corlett Drive off-ramp and notice a white bakkie coming up behind me quickly. Next thing he goes around me on the left-hand side and cuts in front of me. As he does this I hoot at him ... Big mistake! He slams on the brakes in front of me, puts his bakkie into reverse and drives into me, then drives off. I tried taking a photo of his registration plate but he was too far away.

I turn right onto Corlett Drive heading towards Lyndhurst Auto and catch up to him. He just ignores me and then shows me the finger. I then remembered the Metro Police stand at the traffic lights near Lyndhurst Auto controlling the flow of traffic in the morning. I get in front of him and stop at the robots to speak with one of the Metro Police officers. The officer pulls the driver over as he comes past to find out what his problem is.

Straight away this guy says motorcycle riders are just as bad as taxi drivers ... We just do our own thing on the roads, lane splitting etc ... I was the one that drove into him and not the other way round ... All motorcycles are illegal on the road (no number plate etc).

I say to the guy, does my bike look illegal to you? I've got a number plate, valid license disc, valid drivers license etc. He then say he's going to f&%k me up and what right do I have to ask Metro Police to pull him over.

Eventually the Metro Police officer apologised to me and ask the driver of the bakkie to leave as he was getting very aggressive with us.

I actually can't believe the aggressive mentality of some people in South Africa  :dousing:

I just hope my bike is okay! I had a look at everything when I got to the office and it looks alright, but I'm not exactly the most technically minded  ???