Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Agga No, Those two mad Dinosaurs and junior go to Nam The ride begins  (Read 13462 times)

Offline Tappet KTM

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • My first big plastic
Re: Agga No, Those two mad Dinosaurs and junior go to Nam The ride begins
« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2014, 11:15:39 pm »
The snoring part of the trip was a 60/40 % part. Allen at 60% and me at 40%

Offline ALLEN I

• Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2014, 12:28:16 am »

Now now Tappet don't lie to the fellow WD, we all no the truth,Its called having witnesses And change you handle to tappet, as we all no you now as tappet. He he :imaposer:   :ricky:
Biking since the age of 11 nothing beats the freedom when u out there on u baby. Been doing it over 40 years now  (that's life)
Born a Biker, Live like a Biker, Die a Biker

Offline White Rhino

• Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • Save the White Rhino
« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2014, 04:11:54 am »
Many pints per km later .... a great trip - Thanks Allen & ouens
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy
Nothing clears the head like a throttle twisted and the fresh air on the tip of the nose

Beta 300RR, WR450 Rallye, KTM990 Adv, HP2, HPN635, 1200GS LC

Offline Sharingroads

• Bike: DKW (all models)
    • Sharing Roads
« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2014, 06:24:16 am »

Now now Tappet don't lie to the fellow WD, we all no the truth,Its called having witnesses And change you handle to tappet, as we all no you now as tappet. He he :imaposer:   :ricky:

WTF - Is he now Sprocket or Tappet. Mods please change his name to Tappet, or The Tappet if you wish.

I personally spend many hours with Allen, and never heard him snore, so gonna take Allens side on this and blame you 100% Tappet.

Offline ALLEN I

« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2014, 08:28:55 am »
Many pints per km later .... a great trip - Thanks Allen & ouens

Thanks mate still a bit to "gooi" on glad you ous are enjoying it
Biking since the age of 11 nothing beats the freedom when u out there on u baby. Been doing it over 40 years now  (that's life)

Offline ALLEN I

« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2014, 09:48:45 am »
 :biggrin:   :ricky:
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 10:03:39 am by ALLEN I »

Offline ALLEN I

« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2014, 09:54:19 am »
Friday 7th   Day17         Solitaire _ Betta    (300 Km)

So we are like cruising on our way as nothing exciting happens along the way as we are like almost professional ous by now and aint like “bang” for the sand anymore so I will let the photos do the talking

\

We stop at Sesriem for a cold one or two

Then we play some more on the gravel

We come across these ous and they “sommer” freeze in these positions out of “vreeees” for the Moerse Tough Dinosaurs.

Some more like “lekker” roads and scenery for you ous to checkout, I  rode slowly so that I could take these “lekker” pics to show you ous and also as not to scare the wild life, Ian and Tappet disappeared down the road in a cloud of dust (not donnering down this time) he he

Ok ok they just buggered off down the road like two mad ous chasing each other. (Bloody naughty kids. Think i must have a talk with them) He he

We reach Betta

We need to have a cold one or two so we amble of to the shop

Back to our indoor camping site we have another cold one or two

All of this walking makes a ou “moerse” thirsty.

Tappets wiring is “skeering” threw so a quick repair is in order

Tappet had a few close calls today ( a new Meaning (my gat het tande soos hy vas gebuit het op sy saal) ( shame die arme ou se onner broek het gate in)

Offline ALLEN I

« Reply #127 on: October 20, 2014, 10:07:10 am »
Mmm we go hunting for some “kos” for the night and return with our catch from our skilled hunting skills and do the preparations to get the meal going.  On tonight’s menu Beer Bread, wors  Jam optional Wors cooked in onion/garlic/beer marinade Sosaties marinated with my secret spices dipped whilst flamed braaid  in beer and last but not least boiled egg

Huh!! a meal fit for a Dinosaur 

The sun sets, the Dinosaurs “kuier” long into the night, drinking cold ones and bragging about our riding skills and other such “kak”

Now we did not even “span” our tents but “sommer” Kipped next to our bikes. as we moerse tuff ous and are “sommer” like true adventurer ous.

We was not even scared.

Offline Offshore

« Reply #128 on: October 20, 2014, 10:55:43 am »
 :thumleft: I am in awe. You Ous are so tuff you make me scared. :'(
Thanks for the lekker RR.

Offline SmuGS

• A very quiet
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Only 98 669 km.
« Reply #129 on: October 20, 2014, 10:57:08 am »
Mooi okes, what an adventure.. :thumleft:
Nee wat vlekkelose ek kuier op my lekkerste tussen die rokers,dronkgatte,vloekers,hoere en ander sondaars  :imaposer:
R1150gs,  KLE 500, XT660R.

Offline ALLEN I

« Reply #130 on: October 20, 2014, 11:03:04 am »
Thanks guys busy posting some more in a few minutes, was  one helluva ride but worth it glad you ous are enjoying the RR

Offline ALLEN I

« Reply #131 on: October 20, 2014, 11:10:20 am »
Saturday 8th   Day 18      Betta - Aus Vista        ( 249 Km)

Well it’s a new day and we start early again,

No problems or such “goed”, even Tappet doesn’t want to fall again, even after I asked him like “lekker” nicely just so that we can like take a few more photos of him coming off, but “nooit” the ou is “sommer” a bloody spoil sport. so once again a few pics of our ride that i will share with you ous

Offline ALLEN I

« Reply #132 on: October 20, 2014, 11:24:36 am »
We finally reach Aus and as we had drank all of our cold ones the night before, we was “sommer” like were dehydrating and needed to have a cold one or two so we quickly get rid of the dehydration systems by having a few cold ones at the Hotel and then head of for Klein-Aus Vista

Have another cold one or two and then head of to Eagles Nest our possie for the night. We “sommer” take some nice pics of the scenery.

Took some photos of the other posies a ou can stay in also, I “somme” don’t scheme a ou should bring his wife to this joint, his girlfriend yes as its like “moerse” nice with the views and all of those “gooites” He he Ok if a ou wants to then you can “sommer” bring your wife. Ok!!

And some of my possie also

I start a fire and i send up smoke signals to call Ian

Ian was an eagle scout in his day and he can read smoke signals (I used t be a cowboy so I send up some smoke signals for him to read)
And here he comes (see told you ous)

We sit back and admire the view whilst slowly braaing some meat and bread and potatoes for supper, I can not take credit for the meal as they were so honored to have the Dinosaurs in there presence that they “sommer gave us all these “goet” for us to eat for  supper

Of course the daily routine was not lost as we washed it down with a cold one or two.

A man looks: 
He sees the beauty of a country.

The sun starts to set.

The son almost "Donners" out of the sky

Some wild life comes out to say hi to us ous and to honour us as they bough down to us ous.

We thank them for honoring our presence and then turn in for the night dwellers to do there stuff so that our presence does not disturb them

Offline ALLEN I

« Reply #133 on: October 20, 2014, 11:54:09 am »
Sunday  9th    Day 19         Klein Aus Vista – Aus   (5Km) (324 Km)

We have far to go today so we are up early.  

Dam my boots are a bit worn I think

We up and of to have a small little breakfast

Tappets has forgotten his Camel pack so he has to go back to fetch it, took him 30minutes, we schemed he had “donnerd” down I was just about to go look for him when along comes Tappet.

We ride the “moerse” long road to Aus a whole 5 km away. It was a long road so we have a quick cold one or two to wash down the dust. He he

We have booked us some rooms at the Hotel and I take some pics of the nice stuff

No we are Dinosaurs, its not us ous

Hmm this is a reminder of things to come, Tappet My daughter and the little one which is on its way. He he

We load of our kit and then we take a ride to Luderitz

Our first stop is to check out the wild horses

Then its of to kolmanskop the old mining ghost town. Huh @ $75.00 a person we decide to take photies from out side as we don’t scheme that these ous were such”lekker”ous  anyway as they broke all of the buildings. Dam disgrace if you ask me, I mean a ou would “sommer” skim that these ous would like look after there possies, Huh!!! No wonder its now a ghost town, I mean who would now want to live there after these ous bugged this possie up so badly, and now they trying to get money from other ous like us to fix the possie!!! “Agga nee sies man”

Then it’s of to Luderitz.

Ian stops of for a coffee, me and Tappet go exploring

Now I wanted to make like a choo choo train, Butt the Honda just would not let me, it would not climb over the railway stay, Bloody spoil sport of a bike

We eventually find this possie the Oyster Bar and we are both “lus” for oysters we go in and stuff our self’s. R5.00 an oyster, believe you me we had lots of them washed down with cold ones

Phone Ian and tune him where we are and he eventually rocks up, we finish our meal and take a ride threw the place and then head back to Aus

Huh!! some ous buried the train tracks. he he No it was not us ous
“Eish!!” you ous always want to blame us nice ous, besides we did not bring ou spades and buckets with

Now I have it from a good source that some ou put lotsa nails on the train tracks and so hence the train had quite a few punctures. (Serious ous I got it from the horse’s mouth)

You see this is the thingy that they use to take off the tyres and to put new ones on. You ous can check its got a lever and everything and they even put a rock on it to keep it in place when it lifts up the train.

Me and Tappet decide to go off road and then to check if we can “ploeg” but “nooit” we is such good riders that it doesn’t happen, so we just take some “lekker” other pics

We did not make it this far as we turned around because Ian was not with us and we was not “bang” but just a little bit scared that we would get lost as Ian is our navigator and he keeps on tuning us two okes that we suck at navigating.. He he
Now we no how to get to the posies we want to go, its easy, we just follow him, now has that for navigational skills!!! (Brilliant Hey)

« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 10:26:20 pm by ALLEN I »

Offline ALLEN I

« Reply #134 on: October 20, 2014, 12:17:57 pm »
Ok we do get a little bit lost, but we do find this possie

Check the sand that’s showering behind me. How’s that for sand riding?? Cool hey

Now with all of this sand riding threw the desert and now we are “sommer” like walking to verken this house that we almost died from thirst, lucky Tappet had some cold ones and he managed to “gooi” me one before dehydration set in.

As Ian finds us I manage to stand up as the cold one has replenished my strength

Dam we forgot we had our camel packs on. He he

A portrait of a guy on a bike. Nice hey

Specially when it’s a ous “bestes” Buddy

We manage with Ian’s help to find the road leading to Aus.

It was a “moerse” long long way away, a whole100meters from us, we still can’t understand how we missed it as we had to cross it to get to where we were. We suck big time!!!  Huh we is now starting to believe Ian when he tunes us that we are is not very “opletend” He he

Head back to the Hotel and go and have one or two cold ones, and a “lekker” supper and a few more cold ones as it was such an exhausting day, almost dying of thirst and getting almost lost and almost falling over and such “gooites” that we go and kip “sommer” early that night 22h45.

Offline ALLEN I

« Reply #135 on: October 20, 2014, 12:46:33 pm »
Monday 10th    Day20    Aus – Felix- Unite   (328 Km)

Morning is upon us, some ous wake up with a “moerse” H….. Wait wait its his bloody leg

So we once again have a “moerse” big breakfast and then its riding time again. Courtesy of us ou some more photos to make you os “lekker groen” with jealousy

We fill up the tanks in Rosh Pina and then we take on some more sand roads (Jealous now hey) He he

We get stopped at a road blockie thing and have to show our road usage “gooites”

Everybody is happy and we off to take some more great, exciting, splendid, amazing, ok we just gonna take some more photos to brag that we was there and you ous wasn’t. He he

This ou came to check if the other ous were doing there job, I think he was in charge. He he

We get here but the ous are lazy and are not here to pull us of and to body search Tappet so we don’t stop, ok we do but just to take photos and then we of again.

Tappet almost wipes out here again as he almost didn’t make the turn, one foot from the side and he was over it, dam that was close

We encounter Tar again and we all no that the journey is coming to an end but we make the most of it. as there is still some beautiful scenery to see.

Tappet stops in the middle of the road and just sits there with tears in his eyes as he thinks about the journey, the roads he has ridden, the scenery he has seen, knowing that in the next few Kilo’s we will be close to the end of our journey.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 10:32:44 pm by ALLEN I »

Offline subie

• Local Mods
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • Liberalism is the ideology of Western suicide.
« Reply #136 on: October 20, 2014, 12:52:48 pm »
Fantastic RR and epic trip  :thumleft:
As time washes by, our footprints are all for naught

Offline ALLEN I

« Reply #137 on: October 20, 2014, 01:04:34 pm »
Thanks Subie it was a helluva ride glad you enjoying it, sorry about the gremlins

Offline ALLEN I

« Reply #138 on: October 20, 2014, 01:18:26 pm »
We reach Felix Unite our last nights stop in Nam.

We go and have a cold one or two

Go cool of in the pool

Then we set up camp

Take one last group photo of the Two Moerse Stong Dinosaurs and the Moerse Strong Tappet Dinosaur; yes he has earned his “Dinosaur States”

This cold one place draws us back

Another one of us three sits with his thoughts as he slowly drinks a cold one

Night time catches up to us again all too fast

We go like condemned men and have our last meal in Nam

A small relative of the Dinosaur family comes to pay his respect and to wish us well on our journeys to come

We have a few more cold ones but as we cant stop time we call it a night and settle into dream land. Tappet paid his respect and did not even snore this night and was the first one ready to go in the morning, the first time on the whole trip.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 10:37:08 pm by ALLEN I »

Offline ALLEN I

« Reply #139 on: October 20, 2014, 01:42:26 pm »
Tuesday 11th   Day 21   Felix Unite – Olifantshoek     (680 Km)

We pack up and once again take to the roads.
Get to the border crossing and stop and take some pics,

Back in South Africa, we go to the Kentucky in Sprinbok and have some breakfast and Then With a heavy heart its time to say goodbye to Ian as his heading of to Groot Brak (George) and we are of too Klerksdorp

Me and Tappet stop of at Oliefantshoek for the night.

Dam we finally see a Elephant. He he

Accommodation is ridiculously expensive, I mean there nothing in this possie, its like a little shitty place in the middle of no where. We decide to kip over at the dam, buy some food for the night at the friendly grocer and head of back to the dam.

We “Span” one tent, but we don’t “gooi” the nylon section over so that we can keep an eye out on our bikes (Pozzie is a bit skeptic)
Have a graze washed down with plenty of cold ones and of to zzz land