A little " clear the head " ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill p

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT660
So works kak, moods kak, bodies tired and the wife is checking me out skeef because I’m grumpy. What to do.
Then I remember the wise words of all good dawg’s. Do a little solo ride somewhere to re-spark your life.
Requirements. Some sort of direction. Head east and explore Eastern Transvaal. Have a mate down in White River so
     will work my way down there. Check.
   Transport. Old faithful and a bit of kit. Check
     Directions: Use head and good old fashioned road map. Check

Day 1. Roodepoort to Lydenberg.
Left early on Sat.13th., along Krugersdorp highway to Zambesi drive offramp, along to Cullinan and Bronhorstspruit, had
a quick Wimpy  and then up toward Groblersdal, all on tar just to get out into the sticks as quick as possible.
Just past Verona there’s a turnoff to Loskop Dam. Did that quickly and at the wall asked a local farmer if there were any
dirt roads to do and he gave me some directions and then the fun began.
Just past the dam going back to Middelburg, I found the turnoff and then it was dirt. Heee Haaa.

After about half an hour on the dirt I was just  starting to wonder where I was with no signage in site, when I came to the
Middleburg -  Stoffberg  intersection. Turned North toward Stoffberg on tar and not to long afterwards, spotted this sign
and just had to find out where it went to. What a lekker road meandering through the farmlands.

Again, just after I began to wonder where I was, I hit Belfast
Pulled into a little pub just outside Belfast called the “Pig and Piglett “ or something, and found about 10 Harley’s there.
Got chatting to the guys over a few cold ones and turned out there was a Harley charity weekend at Dullstroom that
weekend which put paid to my idea of spending the night in Dullstroom. Went  through Dullstroom, Harleys everywhere, and
straight to Lydenberg, booked in at the first B&B coming into town, cleaned up and went and had a magic supper and a good few cold ones at the local Baron and something. Phoned wife and she said I sounded better already. Rode back to B&B and slept like a baby. What a lekker first day. Distance travelled 460km.