Battery or starting problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragonfly-XC

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)
:sip: I have had this problem for about 14 months plus with the 2012 Triumph Tiger 800xc, When I ride the bike non-stop for say to Paarl or Tokai from Melkbos and stop and switch off and start a few minutes later the bike would not start it gives about 2 turns and the engine stops on the third. The first time it happened I took the seat off and tightened the contacts and the bike started, so ok that was the problem,
The other times it happened, three more times I jump-started the bike (Tableview and Tokai) I have discussed this with the Workshop Manager, but he does not seems to recognise the problem.
So for peace of mind, I bought a new Motobatt on Tuesday (R1200.00) and yesterday put it on the C-Tec and charged it to full, went to Big Bay for shopping no problems.
This morning went to builders had breakfast and about an hour later stopped at Viper L, inside for about four minutes and the engine turned over slightly more than usual, rode back to M/bos and filled up at the Sasol and the bike refused to start, after trying about four times and giving it a rest in between, I pushed the bike to the workshop at the centre and jump started the bike.
Started quickly, phoned the Workshop Manager and he wants me to leave the bike there on Monday, for me that is a mission to get a lift back and to go and fetsh, is there something someone can suggests that we can try/tests so I can be on my way without leaving the bike there.