Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: LC or LCA: DO NOT TOUCH THE REAR BRAKE ADJUST!!!  (Read 2882 times)

Offline AntVan

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • I am the Zipslayer! Hear me zzzzzzzzp!
Re: LC or LCA: DO NOT TOUCH THE REAR BRAKE ADJUST!!!
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2014, 08:34:30 am »
Yes, I replaced the OEM brake pedal with this from this place:

http://www.gps4africa.co.za/touratech/396-folding-adj-brake-lever-120gs-2013-.html. It's a Touratech part and reasonably expensive, but in the end I figured it would be better than a piece of rubber that could:
a. Get lost or kicked off.
b. Become slippery when wet.

This thing is adjustable but unfortunately the folding part is not similar to the previous GS/A where you could flip a height reducer up or down as required. This one I adjusted and somehow my foot figured out how to kick it. I can no slide the rear whenever I want.

At the one ADA training I could not get the bike to brake with the rear, until Malibu pointed out that my pedal is not optimal. When a man can't do it, you need a woman to do it.
I don't always drop my bike, but when I do, I prefer to drop her in front of a crowd

Offline OomD

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2014, 08:45:38 am »
Yes, I replaced the OEM brake pedal with this from this place:

http://www.gps4africa.co.za/touratech/396-folding-adj-brake-lever-120gs-2013-.html. It's a Touratech part and reasonably expensive, but in the end I figured it would be better than a piece of rubber that could:
a. Get lost or kicked off.
b. Become slippery when wet.

This thing is adjustable but unfortunately the folding part is not similar to the previous GS/A where you could flip a height reducer up or down as required. This one I adjusted and somehow my foot figured out how to kick it. I can no slide the rear whenever I want.

At the one ADA training I could not get the bike to brake with the rear, until Malibu pointed out that my pedal is not optimal. When a man can't do it, you need a woman to do it.

OK I get it. Alas that pedal is not on-the-fly switchable like the older flip-up type was (as you mentioned), so it stays permanently in the higher position. But, it's nice with the folding-back mechanism to protect it against falls.

Offline AntVan

• I am the Zipslayer! Hear me zzzzzzzzp!
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2014, 09:45:50 am »
But, it's nice with the folding-back mechanism to protect it against falls.

Fall? On a BMW we never fall.  :laughing4:
I don't always drop my bike, but when I do, I prefer to drop her in front of a crowd

Offline GSing

• Direct Your Adventure
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2014, 04:58:42 pm »
We have the solution for the problem Johan........... Adjustable Brake Lever for the BMW R1200GS LC

Link to our website - http://www.gps4africa.co.za/bmw-r1200gs-adventure-lc-201314/2341-adjbrake.html

Offline ExploreSA

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
    • www.gsrental.co.za
Re:
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2014, 06:03:33 pm »
Ek laaik
I live to please but don't always succeed