Which road Carnival City to Standerton for Dads Charity Cycle to Dbn?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alsdad

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Super Adventure
Alloah all.

I'm the general Dogsbody, chief Marshall, route planner, fines master.......you get the drift, for an initiative
we started 10 years ago where a bunch of mates decided to do something to improve our health and give a little bit back!

We rode our bicycles from Jhb to Durban to raise money for underprivileged children! We are about to start our 10th annual Dads Charity Cycle Challenge on Wednesday 8th Oct. So far, we've made a good few Bar and are on track this year to raise another 500k for the kids!

30 or so of us will be cycling by day, and swigging beer and Tequila by night over 670km's to Durban.
Ok, I lie! I'll be cruising in style holding the whole thing together hopefully, on an 1190 kindly provided by Dave and his magnificent team at RAD Moto! :headbang:

We start at Carnival City and ride to Standerton on Day 1, and used to go along the N17 to the T-Junction, hook a right and continue to Standerton, but then they started to rebuild the road ('Twas in desperate need of it). For the last 3 years we have gone via Heidelburg to Standerton, but I hear there is a lot of construction on that road now, and a few stop/goes?

Am planning to go and recce the two routes this weekend, but thought I'd ask here in the meantime.

This is about the only time on 2 wheels that I'm actually looking for smooth tar!  ;)

What say you guys?

If you want to check out the story.........www.dadscharity.co.za
P.S. Website hasn't been updated in a few months, but you'll get the drift! :thumleft: