My Rebel ride - shortest RR ever

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subie

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR125L
Very embarrassing to write this but my Rebel ride lasted only 20km on dirt road  after worst rookie move I ever pulled.
My blood was up and I wanted to "ride" not cruise. Two okes in front of me was going 90 - 100 and maybe 110 km/h.
Heavy dust but I stayed in the dust cloud mostly hoping for a gap to overtake them and run at a more enjoyable 120-130 maybe.
I know this is very dumb but is the truth.  O0
Next I just see a bit of water flash by under my front wheel and I am launched up by a ramp like little hill in the air. I landed with my hands still on the handle
bars on my right side. You would think a fat man will roll,not so. I landed like a sack of shit,deadstop.. Jumped up to warn the okes behind me of the little "driffie" but everyone else rode with their brains so a non event for them. Kierrie and Minxy stopped and helped me  (many thanks you two) Kierrie phoned around and Bud500 volunteered to come fetch me from far away and took me and bike home. Very gratefull Bud500. Very sore ribs again and other minor dings.
Kierrie inspected my bike and showed me my ride was over  :xxbah:
Cannot begin to explain the effort I made to attend this bash and then go and throw it away
so stupidly.  Went for Xrays but nothing broken. While I waited for Bud500 I went and stepped of the distance from take off point to landing,30metres. I have always been lucky in my life and had some big crashes all of them with light injuries and this time again. I am at home nursing a few beers (being pampered by mommy) but in my minds eye just seeing the other okes running on the Bray roads,arriving,the first beers at Tapama etc. What an unnecessary totally stupid move by me. Will post pics about my crash site tomorrow.
:pottytrain5: :sad6: :sad5: :sad2: