Oasis for Lunch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy660

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
Well on Friday We decided to ride to Oasis for their famous lunches and go there via Cirusdal.
The one thing I forgot about was the school Holidays, this makes the Cederberg roads much busier , so you have to be much more careful.
I then use THE CEDERBERG RULE of THE ROAD " AROUND EVERY CORNER THERE IS A CAR "

Which saved me , narrowly missing a Bakkie that came around the corner at a peed sideways,fast. Bastard !

Anyway, with all the Rallies on and the year end bash, it seems there weren't  many interested in riding , leaving us with a small , quick group of riders.

1.Andy660 / yam 660
2.AntonW  / ktm640
3.Keith 1200  / Super Tenere
4.2StrokeDan / Super XT600
5.Sotsuur  / Africa Twin
6.Dogmatics / KLR 600

2StrokeDan of course sneaked up behind us , making sure there were no BMW`s with us before he joined us after Citrusdal

Soutsuur hadn't done the Cederberg before , so he was loving it.

First photo Stop was the stunning Uitkyk Pass.

Then we did Krom Rivier

Here the farmer of Krom rivier surprised me.
I stopped at their office to secure my bag and re-group , before we drove slowly through the camp, school holidays and all, its a campsite that you have to ride through,
According to Gerrit and Chantal , of Oasis, the road use to go around their camp , but Mr,Farmer decided to make it go through his camp , to attract visitors.

I have always driven slowly through opening and closing the gates.But today he gave 2StrokeDan a mouthful about us not reporting to the office, which we have never done before and the chased us down in his bakkie, catching Dogmatics at a gate he was closing at the the rear.
Wrote down his reg no and then entered into a chat , before leaking , giving his email address, ???
Gerrit of Oasis says he has to right to stop us , as its a public road that he altered to go through his property , but will take it up with him on their next Cederberg Conservancy Meeting,
Anyway , back to that Spare Rib lunch, Yum , yum !!!

We paid and were off. Incidentally Chantal has a tin on her counter collecting money for the Padstals Rebuild after the fire.

I decided to do Padstal on the way home to see how they are doing.

The SAP had left one of their guards there to look after the place

Looks like a Kawasaki supporter

Looks like an abandoned Kinder Garden

We split up with Dogmatics and Keith1200 coming with me.

On the way home , we noticed the forest just north of Wellington was on fire.

Got home at 19h30

Many thannks to the WD that rode with us, it was a good days riding with plenty of cheer.