WC - Recce a Route for Helderberg Yamaha Outride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy660

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
Todays riding conditions were perfect.
Riders today were :

Andy660            XT660Z
Bottervet          XT660Z
Gravel Cat        GS800
Kodgehopper    XT1200Z

There are still alot of flowers about , lots of Purples and whites

The roads are quite sandy , incl. Dirt from Malmsbury Police station , through to Moorreessburg , Koringberg and up to Velddrift Road.

Berg River Drift Bridge

There is this dirt road from the Berg River to the Velddrift road , you know the one with the fork in it ? where , no matter how many times u warn the riders , they go up the farmers driveway , Lol !

That road was lekker sandy , but It was lekker with a slightly finished Mitas E09 tyre.

Then it was up the Picketberg mountain 4x4 route , lekker washed out , but still the highlight of the day,

Kodgehopper

Ending at the Spur for lunch and some fast dirt home by 16h30.

Bottervets XT660Z started jerking and the engine check light started flashing,but I found the broken wire in the loom and fixed it.

I will put it on the XT660 Tech section

Bottervet had a contact in Goedverwagt and called him to come up the trail to help sort out the bike , so we hear a bike coming up the mountain , guess what comes around the corner , a Honda 750 Superbike , road tyres , no seal , Rider sitting on the battery of a partially repaired bike, wow Respect to MrJoey  Booys

Check that hand made Akro ?

Mr Joey Booys with his work in progress ,

Let me hear that the 4x4 track is too rough ???  Lol.

Gravel Cat & Kodgehopper

Coming down Picketberg Mountain