• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

(SORTED)Low budget DS bike(SORTED)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franky3

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Hi every one. I have been putting this off for way to long. Reasons being I did not have the guts to say it out load and did not want to be stoned to death. Please forgive this huge post. I just wanted every body to understan where I am comming from. This post probably doesn't belong here but I am looking to buy a bike and would appreciate your help.

Early this year I finally got a good steady job and start building a career and for the first time in years were able to buy myself some thing other than a pack of smokes. Then I started thinking about getting a bike. My first choice was a handa crf250l and then with some asking around I got pointed to this site by a college. After some posts I decided that a 250 of about 50 000 would be a waste as I can get a KLR 650 for less as I did not need to buy it brand spanking new for a first bike. Thats how the dream started.

Since then I have done tons of research and I have fallen madly inlove with the klr. I know thats what I want. After reallity hit me like a brick wall I realised that I will have to practice patients for a while due to financial reasons(getting a load with no credit rating is next to impossible). Ya I know I am a clueless dumbass. So after a while of trying to build a credit record with my limited knowledge I decided to let this bike thing go for a while.

After trying every thing to forget about that Klr in my dreams I decided to get a small loan(much easier for a fisrt timer) and just buy a cheap bike. Killing two birds with one stone. One, I get a credit record and two, I get to sooth the itch. My end plan is still to get a KLR but for now I will be happy with a smaller say 250 socond hand bike. I have one issue. I need it to be able to go off road. I am not planning on doing heavy tactical off road riding just have a bit of fun on weekends and get my biking skills up a notch or two. I will also be using it to commute to work and back. Its about 25km from my house to work and I have the option of not using the N1 without adding to much distance.

Now the reason I am posting this sad little story is I have come to like this forum alot and trust the opinions of the dogs. Due to work I have had a little financial push and will be able to buy myself a bike and paying cash. Ya I know that will not help my credit record. But I do feel its a safer option due to the fact that I am still new at my work and dont want to make promises I cant keep.

Now the big question. I were looking at some chines bikes and heard alot of good things about motomia bikes. The terra Strada was first on my list. Then I saw the add on here for  a bashan xplode 250. I dont mind buying second hand as long as I can buy from some body trust worthy but with Chinese bikes I personally feel new is better. I were wondering if there is anyone that can give me some info on the matter. Yes I know alot will say stay away and all that but I have done alot of research and for what I am going to use it I do not need the best and there is alot of people that have done more on these bikes and have had little problems. Yes I know a honda or yamaha will be so much better in every way but thats not the point here. I am looking for a 250cc bike between 10 000 and 16 000. New or used but used must be damn good.

I almost want to say if you dont have personal experience then rather dont comment but if you think that what you have to say is of essence then by all means go ahead. I would also like to know if anyone knows about a good deal on a decent bike. I will be buying end of this month.

Please have mercy.