Friday - Moorreesburg, Riebeeck-Wes uit-en-tuis.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butch

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
It's been one hell of a week at work and I needed to go for a ride, desperately. Briv's plan looked like just the dinges for Sannie (or Butch).

We met at Richwood Total as planned, 4 ATs, one 640 KTM and one GS.

Two minutes after departure, Kaboef and I got separated from the rest. Let's just say that protocol was broken. We ended up taking the N7 to Maamsbry, through pea soup fog. An SMS and phone call later (bless technology) and we met briv in Malmesbury. The rest are on their way.

Here they come...

The dirt road starts just outside town and runs all the way to Moorreesburg. Some sections were still muddy after the recent rains.

The frequent smoke breaks gave us plenty of time to talk shit about bikes, life, the Universe and everything.

I stopped to take a picture briv...

...and while fumbling to get the camera back into my pocket, I lost my ballance, just slightly. Boy, once these machines start leaning over to one side there's no stopping - GS on its side (sorry, no pic). Fortunately, I saw a post where they showed this chick picking up a big bike. She had legs like tree trunks, but I reckoned, ek het al genoeg agter teen die kakhuis se deur vasgeskop, I can do this too. Woeps, no mess, no fuss, GS upright. Phew.

Stopped for another smoke break just outside Moorreesburg.

The dirt road to Koringberg was fabulous (hey, I'm allowed to use that word). Hard dirt, some loose gravel, mud...

Again, talking crap about shit.

A short distance on tar, and we were back on the dirt road. We were getting hungry and thirsty by now - destination Riebeeck Kasteel.

Kaboef maaking gatskoon, Kasteelberg in the background.

About halfway there, we found a top box by the side of the road, without a KTM attached to it. We almost left it there, but realised that there may be booze inside.

At last, lunch, beer and talks about bikes, hunting, the forum, hunting, jokes and hunting :wink:

After lunch, we took a fabulous :color: dirt road to Wellington. I had a serious middagslapie coming on, so didn't stop for pics. Here, we parted our ways.

That's it, short and sweet. A good time was had by all.