Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: So, I rode a 2000cc Harley Davidson.. See page 6..  (Read 11959 times)

Offline Rough Rider

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Hang time
Re: So, I rode a Harley Davidson today!!
« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2014, 05:29:36 pm »
can you believe that engine from the beast will be fitted to a dualie?

That is like Toyota launching a towncar with a 5lt V-8 turbocharged engine. Any point?

bragging rights of 3rd gear power wheelies, can't think of much else

It doesn't wheelie in any gear.
Traction control??

Wheelie control  :thumleft:
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM

Offline RedWolf

« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2014, 08:36:12 pm »
So, after I told the Zambesi Harley dealer that Harleys are nice but very slow the sales people at Harley phoned me to come and test a very special Harley Davidson that they have in stock.

Something I recently learned is that you get CVO models with 1800cc engins.. These models are basically the tuned up harleys only produced in small numbers worldwide. Well, the one I rode, wasn't one of them. The one I tested was basically a tuned up CVO model.. :peepwall:

Any case, the bike below has a special imported 2000cc engine with special filters, pipes and ECU tuning.

Well, what can I say, this bike is defintely not only turning fuel into noise, it is really really fast and will eat my KTM 990 R up to probably 160km/h or more.. :o

I was really surprised, but yes this is apparently one of the fastest Harleys in South Africa. But it has a price tag of R195,000 for a 2008 model.
Trust that little voice in your head that says 'Wouldn't it be interesting if...'; And then do it.

Offline RedWolf

« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2014, 08:36:41 pm »
One of the fastest Harleys in South Africa.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 08:39:08 pm by RedWolf »
Trust that little voice in your head that says 'Wouldn't it be interesting if...'; And then do it.

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2014, 08:40:48 pm »
So how fast did you go with the HD?  :peepwall:  :ricky:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline RedWolf

« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2014, 08:43:16 pm »
So how fast did you go with the HD?  :peepwall:  :ricky:
Somewhere around 200km/h and I think it was 4th gear.. Then my vision started to blur from my vibrating adventure helmet and I was forced to slow down... :peepwall:

Offline RedWolf

« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2014, 08:43:48 pm »
This bike has the same 2000cc engine:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c_gL18KQnAg

Offline RedWolf

Re: So, I rode a 2000cc Harley Davidson.. See page 6..
« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2014, 08:53:54 pm »
Ok, I googled a bit, apparently depending on the tuning these 2000cc engines makes anything from 110hp- 130hp BUT a bit more than 200nm of torque.. :o

No wonder it felt stronger than my KTM.. :peepwall:

Offline whitedelight

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2014, 08:55:40 pm »
A CVO model is generally a 110 cubic inch motor,which is 1800cc. When you say 2000cc you are talking about a 120 cubic inch motor. Pretty rare in this country,but a mate has one in Langebaan.
It is basically a race motor,and thus you only get a 9000 mile warranty. Highly tuned and fun but not something you want to go touring on. Not saying you can't ,but given the lifespan of the motor not the wisest thing to do. Expect to pay about R80k for replacement motor.
Rather live one day like a lion than 100 days like a sheep

Offline RedWolf

« Reply #108 on: October 23, 2014, 09:04:42 pm »
A CVO model is generally a 110 cubic inch motor,which is 1800cc. When you say 2000cc you are talking about a 120 cubic inch motor. Pretty rare in this country,but a mate has one in Langebaan.
It is basically a race motor,and thus you only get a 9000 mile warranty. Highly tuned and fun but not something you want to go touring on. Not saying you can't ,but given the lifespan of the motor not the wisest thing to do. Expect to pay about R80k for replacement motor.
Ok, cool. It has 120R written on the side of the engine.., so yes, 120ci, it did pull exceptionally well..

Offline voorvel

• aka dirtWarp
  • Race Dog
  • I crash like a champ!
« Reply #109 on: October 23, 2014, 11:19:11 pm »
Nogals 'n lelike attie daai.
Die wit classic is mooi

Offline RedWolf

« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2014, 06:56:51 am »
Nogals 'n lelike attie daai.
Die wit classic is mooi
Ja, daar is n paar Harleys wat vrek lelik is..

Offline lecap

« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2014, 07:19:59 am »

With those brakes? (What brakes ??? :lol8: ) Stopping performance is probably comparable to what my 1980 CBX had to offer ::)

I think if I get a muscle bike I'd rather go for a VMAX :biggrin:
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." (Red Adair)

Online Bensien

« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2014, 07:26:01 am »
So for all that extra money, you get a 2 litre engine with a very limited warranty that makes about as much power as a stock Suzuki M109R, which comes with a full warranty and a bulletproof engine. 
Why do things that only happen to stupid people always happen to me?

Offline RedWolf

« Reply #113 on: October 24, 2014, 11:06:06 am »

With those brakes? (What brakes ??? :lol8: ) Stopping performance is probably comparable to what my 1980 CBX had to offer ::)

Haha, yes.. If I get a muscle bike it would probably also be a vmax or triumph rocket, but this harley... Never.

Offline RedWolf

« Reply #114 on: October 24, 2014, 11:08:24 am »
So for all that extra money, you get a 2 litre engine with a very limited warranty that makes about as much power as a stock Suzuki M109R, which comes with a full warranty and a bulletproof engine. 
Makes sense, doesn't it?.. :peepwall:

Ok, to be serious, you can buy a brand new Triumph Rocket with a 2300cc engine for the same money that is apparently very reliable..

So, I don't foresee that they will sell that Harley in the next few weeks.. But I might be wrong.

Offline Roxtar

• REV IT UP
  • Race Dog
  • Aka Sprocket Face
« Reply #115 on: October 24, 2014, 11:33:08 am »

DITTO...... I rode the VMAX at when it was launched and the people back then from Linex warned it drops a R1 to 200km/h no hassle, so you need to hang on TIGHT. :biggrin: I too would rather go for MADMAX than the HD as I like a bit of speed with everything to go..... :thumleft:
Long live the Underdog.........

Offline EtienneKLR

• Race Dog
« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2014, 12:17:17 pm »
With a Harley remember to take out additional dental insurance.

Offline DIRT SKUNK

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
  • Hit the road open the throttle
« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2014, 12:34:46 pm »
HD's do not float my boat
So the 2000cc going to outpace a KTM? in the dirt? don't think so
Yes it probably can go fast but can you hang on for any length of time? seeing you're acting like a parachute.
You will be turning petrol into noise at a faster rate and costing you more
DS
Love is? Tarmac, throttle wide open! and the pipes screeming like banshees
understanding "Madness does not always howl! Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey,  theres room in your head for one more?"
Honda 175XL rode, broke, fixed, then sold ;CB900 Bol'd'Or sold; BMW r100T & CB1100XX Super Blackbird

Online punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #118 on: October 24, 2014, 12:50:23 pm »

Best value for money grunt bike .... Just a dodgy gearbox
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline RedWolf

« Reply #119 on: October 24, 2014, 01:15:18 pm »
HD's do not float my boat
So the 2000cc going to outpace a KTM? in the dirt? don't think so
Yes it probably can go fast but can you hang on for any length of time? seeing you're acting like a parachute.
You will be turning petrol into noise at a faster rate and costing you more
DS
That 2000cc is really faster on pullaway than my KTM. Remember it has more horsepower and a lot more newton meters than the ktm..

And is your dirt question rhetorical?  :peepwall:.