Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: So, I rode a 2000cc Harley Davidson.. See page 6..  (Read 11932 times)

Offline Hentie06

Re: So, I rode a 2000cc Harley Davidson.. See page 6..
« Reply #140 on: November 28, 2014, 08:36:42 am »
Saw a guy from HOG Pretoria the other day with a V-Rod Trike, that looked awesome
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"

Offline Mother

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Harley Davidson (all models)
  • ...anything with an engine an 2wheels
« Reply #141 on: November 28, 2014, 11:03:21 am »
Chris we need to do a ride soon. Told Rudi Tour we could ride sometime in December.

Sounds good Andrew was talking to Leonie about same thing will arrange something u going to toy run?
mother ....only half a word ;-)

Offline cruizaman

« Reply #142 on: November 30, 2014, 08:17:44 am »
The missus and I are flying down to Cape Town on 15 December for a week or so. I've rented a Heritage Softail Classic from Cape Bike Travel for a couple of days. I want to visit some friends in Hermanus on the bike and also want to do Chapmans Peak. Looking forward to it, have never ridden a Harley before.

Any views on the Heritage?

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
« Reply #143 on: November 30, 2014, 02:45:03 pm »
The missus and I are flying down to Cape Town on 15 December for a week or so. I've rented a Heritage Softail Classic from Cape Bike Travel for a couple of days. I want to visit some friends in Hermanus on the bike and also want to do Chapmans Peak. Looking forward to it, have never ridden a Harley before.

Unfortunately no views but please do post your views after the trip and a couple of nice pictures please!

Offline whitedelight

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #144 on: November 30, 2014, 05:43:02 pm »

Heritage is a classic Harley . It is truely a different ride,and once you get used to it you will like it. My mate reckons the only drawback on his is ground clearance. It is only slightly lower than my Road King but affects lean angle quite a bit. It will lean over,and if you hear scraping don't freak out,it will just be floor boards. Ha ha the first time is always funny,but you will get used to it. You probably hit the limiter in first gear the first time you ride it,but as said once you learn to ride it like it should be,you will like the laid back feeling.
If it is one of their newer models,it will have 103ci motor,which pulls very nicely. On the highway you will find sweet spot cruising between 130-150km/h,and quite frankly if you want to go faster you on the wrong bike. But it is a comfy cruiser and you should have fun.
Maybe if you plan to go to Hermanus on a weekend then maybe we could get some local forum guys to join you for the ride.
Rather live one day like a lion than 100 days like a sheep

Offline cruizaman

« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2014, 10:33:30 pm »
Thanx for the feedback. I'm renting it on 18 & 19 December, which I think is a Thursday & Friday. Will be going through to Hermanus on the 18th. I didn't want to ride it over a weekend, as the roads will be too busy and this will be my first ever ride on a Harley.

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Grey hound
« Reply #146 on: December 01, 2014, 12:47:27 am »
Thanx for the feedback. I'm renting it on 18 & 19 December, which I think is a Thursday & Friday. Will be going through to Hermanus on the 18th. I didn't want to ride it over a weekend, as the roads will be too busy and this will be my first ever ride on a Harley.

And most probably not your last ride on a Harley Davidson!  :thumleft:

Offline whitedelight

• Grey hound
« Reply #147 on: December 01, 2014, 10:08:36 pm »

It is the 19th December,does not matter what day of the week it is,it will be busy as he'll. but take a chilled ride,you will enjoy the coastal road and the perfect bike to do it on. If you do not scrape the floorboards then you not enjoying the bike enough...lol

Offline Lem

« Reply #148 on: December 02, 2014, 06:22:36 am »
Is that the real HD trike or the custom build ones?

to answer the question this bike was a 2007 street glide in its first life attached a pic.....my dad started having issues with his plastic knees so when he met his third wife we decided for all our safety he needed to consider a trike...Sandton harley recommended Nico from Exotic Designs in Pretoria to convert his real Harley into a trike which is what we did

and the olman still rides all over the country with it

Brilliant! I have seen some custom build trikes and was wondering about this. Just great to still be able to ride despite some health issues!  :thumleft:

I immediately recognised this trike on Sunday at the Toy Run in Cape Town. It looks better than on the photos. Mother, your dad looks like a real bad ass cowboy, dressed in leather,  on there  :thumleft:
Faith is not knowing what the future holds, it's knowing who holds the future

Offline Mother

• Race Dog
« Reply #149 on: December 05, 2014, 08:57:12 am »

i have ridden my mates Heritage plenty on travels to CT and similar route to your planned trip its a nice cruiser for around here and two up should be fine ...yes i also found i scraped my boots in the corners down side.... don't think its very comfortable if you are both big people....my ten cents

Offline Mother

• Race Dog
« Reply #150 on: December 05, 2014, 09:02:02 am »
Is that the real HD trike or the custom build ones?

to answer the question this bike was a 2007 street glide in its first life attached a pic.....my dad started having issues with his plastic knees so when he met his third wife we decided for all our safety he needed to consider a trike...Sandton harley recommended Nico from Exotic Designs in Pretoria to convert his real Harley into a trike which is what we did

and the olman still rides all over the country with it

Brilliant! I have seen some custom build trikes and was wondering about this. Just great to still be able to ride despite some health issues!  :thumleft:

I immediately recognised this trike on Sunday at the Toy Run in Cape Town. It looks better than on the photos. Mother, your dad looks like a real bad ass cowboy, dressed in leather,  on there  :thumleft:

we didn't get to go in the end to the toy run but the olman did...as you saw....yip he said they interviewed him on radio and tv  but we didn't get to see anything
yip he is a real old biker with tons of stories to tell....but getting old nowadays....and deaf and and..... at least he keeps riding and as long as he doing that all is good

Offline Mother

• Race Dog
« Reply #151 on: December 05, 2014, 09:04:34 am »
this is the latest harley trike they call a tri glide complements of my mate who let me ride his......not really my thing rode it from Lambertsbay to CT it was 200km too far......

Offline lurker

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
« Reply #152 on: December 05, 2014, 11:16:04 am »
Take a Victory Cross Country 106 cube for a ride, then decide what is best, unbelievable  handling for such a big bike, runs away from a Harley. Engines built by Polaris in the states.
I never thought I would buy a cruiser but 2 trips to Windhoek and Luderitz with music playing a luxury sear and cruise control set a 180Klm and its a absolute pleasure.
life,s a journey enjoy the ride

Offline Jacobsroodt

• vendor
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1090 Adventure R
  • Carpe Diem (in Afrikaans: Life's short, Ride hard)
    • West Coast Parts
« Reply #153 on: December 05, 2014, 11:39:56 am »
 :sip:
BoosterPlug, LED Spots, Tool Tubes, RustStop, Kappa Screens, Top boxes, Tank Bags, ATG Gear - whatever works for me.

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Grey hound
« Reply #154 on: December 06, 2014, 10:24:28 pm »
Take a Victory Cross Country 106 cube for a ride, then decide what is best, unbelievable  handling for such a big bike, runs away from a Harley. Engines built by Polaris in the states.
I never thought I would buy a cruiser but 2 trips to Windhoek and Luderitz with music playing a luxury sear and cruise control set a 180Klm and its a absolute pleasure.

O they are indeed awesome as well as the revived Indian brand - also by Polaris...but:

Have you done the same route on a HD EVO? Or even some other similar priced models? I take not, so if you ever get the change do it and please report back. I would like to hear you Honest opinion.

Just for the record and please, no offence: 180 km/h and on speed control on a fairly remote road with poor medical backup - maybe the wrong tool for the job if you put the safety aside......but that is just me wining like an old tannie now  :peepwall:

Offline whitedelight

• Grey hound
« Reply #155 on: December 07, 2014, 08:04:06 am »

O they are indeed awesome as well as the revived Indian brand - also by Polaris...but:

Have you done the same route on a HD EVO? Or even some other similar priced models? I take not, so if you ever get the change do it and please report back. I would like to hear you Honest opinion.

Just for the record and please, no offence: 180 km/h and on speed control on a fairly remote road with poor medical backup - maybe the wrong tool for the job if you put the safety aside......but that is just me wining like an old tannie now  :peepwall:

My cruise control only goes to about 140km/h.you got to set it on a downhill to get it to stay ay 150. Sorry but 180 is whole lot of different kind of cruising. That speed then I would rather be on a 1600gt .

Offline jaybiker

• Old school=Old's cool.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys
« Reply #156 on: December 07, 2014, 09:04:32 am »
Only 24 days to go, and I'll have kept my New Years resolution not to diss Harleys for a whole year. It's been bloody difficult but I'm almost there. Then I can go back to my blinkered, infantile obsession with taking the piss out of someone else's choice.
No, but really thinking about it what do I ride myself, but an oversized, overweight underpowered lump and actually it hasn't been all that hard to refrain from bashing - not brand bashing as such, just style bashing rather.
So maybe next year I can continue to be my new tolerant respectful self.  :biggrin:

Maybe............. >:D
Succumb not to the erosion of those born of unconsecrated union.

"Two Wheels, an engine and a place to sit." What more do you need?

2021 a milestone. 60 years a biker.

Offline Sycamore

« Reply #157 on: December 07, 2014, 05:03:50 pm »
I once entered a raffle with a HD as prize. My plan (if I won it which of course I didn't) was to sell it and buy a gold wing and a KTM supermoto. I'd ride the supermoto every day and the Wing once a month. Then probably end up selling the wing and but a GS1200 or something  ;D
Like some have said, HD is "just not my thing".

One exception... the 1970's XR750 flat tracker (Evel Knievel's bike) - now THAT interests me but at about $15,000 it's a bit of a collector's piece.
That's the one HD I'd never say no to. Delicious.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 05:05:16 pm by Sycamore »

Offline Mother

• Race Dog
« Reply #158 on: December 09, 2014, 08:04:18 am »

My cruise control only goes to about 140km/h.you got to set it on a downhill to get it to stay ay 150. Sorry but 180 is whole lot of different kind of cruising. That speed then I would rather be on a 1600gt .
yip ...im lucky my 110 cube harley doesn't need a down hill to set cruise control above 140 however this is the max setting for them on cruise control if you want to cruise all day above this speed get another bike i guess like andrew said maybe the bee em would work as a long distance high speed cruiser
I'm more than happy to ride all day every day around the 120 mark on my harleys

Offline Jacobsroodt

• vendor
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1090 Adventure R
  • Carpe Diem (in Afrikaans: Life's short, Ride hard)
    • West Coast Parts
Re: So, I rode a Harley Davidson today!!
« Reply #159 on: December 09, 2014, 01:02:11 pm »
Het ook verlede week een gekry sonder om te toets bestuur , het toe sondag op n breakfast run gegaan en het 420 km ver gery sonder n pyn of problem.

My eerste mod was n topbox  :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:

Ek is jammer maar ek kan nie ophou lag nie :imaposer:
BoosterPlug, LED Spots, Tool Tubes, RustStop, Kappa Screens, Top boxes, Tank Bags, ATG Gear - whatever works for me.