Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: So, I rode a 2000cc Harley Davidson.. See page 6..  (Read 11960 times)

Offline RedWolf

Re: So, I rode a Harley Davidson today!!
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2014, 04:51:12 pm »
Dont worry we all make mistakes

:imaposer: :imaposer:

So why is this forum so opposed to Harley's? Is it the attitude of the Harley riders or is the bikes crap or crap image or what?? :peepwall:
Trust that little voice in your head that says 'Wouldn't it be interesting if...'; And then do it.

Offline THROTTLE JOCKEY

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • Number plate T JOCKEY EC
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2014, 04:51:35 pm »
I will give it to them their service is top notch.

Ride it like you stole it!

OWN:KTM 950 SE***Suzuki DR650***Yamaha XT 600 Tenere***Yamaha XT 200***Honda CRF450X***Honda TRX 300 Quad***CRF1000AT
LIBERATED:KTM 640 Adventure***Suzuki 200 Djebel
SOLD:HONDA CRF450R***Honda CR250R***Yamaha YZ250***Yamaha WR200***BMW F800GS***YAMAHA XT660 extreme***Yamaha XT660

Offline THROTTLE JOCKEY

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • Number plate T JOCKEY EC
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2014, 04:57:11 pm »

So why is this forum so opposed to Harley's? Is it the attitude of the Harley riders or is the bikes crap or crap image or what?? :peepwall:

I would love to have one. But cant express enough how much the hells angels and there cocky I am better than the rest of humanity attitude has rubbed of on me and for that reason alone I would never own one.

Reply by the above mentioned group would be. "Well fuck you, we would not want you to own one anyway. You have not earned the right to own the road and ride at slow speeds looking all fierce and strong."

Ride it like you stole it!

OWN:KTM 950 SE***Suzuki DR650***Yamaha XT 600 Tenere***Yamaha XT 200***Honda CRF450X***Honda TRX 300 Quad***CRF1000AT
LIBERATED:KTM 640 Adventure***Suzuki 200 Djebel
SOLD:HONDA CRF450R***Honda CR250R***Yamaha YZ250***Yamaha WR200***BMW F800GS***YAMAHA XT660 extreme***Yamaha XT660

Offline heinzz

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2014, 04:57:59 pm »

Plenty members on this forum who owns and rides HD. Did you find out what the fuss is about? If not your trip was not long enough.

Online Gerrard

• AKA 'jupiter' maar noem my Gerard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Teelhond
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Wiff a Sidecar... form Kabega
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2014, 05:01:23 pm »

Plenty members on this forum who owns and rides HD. Did you find out what the fuss is about? If not your trip was not long enough.

And many others are closet Harley fans, but because of their perceived tough guy adventure biker image won't admit it, and rather slate those who like it, so they can seem cool with their buddies. I like them. Cool ride.
...dis nooit te laat om n happy childhood te he nie !

Build a sidecar they said. It will be fun they said. Ja-nee !

Offline RedWolf

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2014, 05:02:29 pm »

As mentioned in my first post, I get it now.. I understand why people buy Harleys,

BUT,

I asked why this forum is so opposed to Harley's, I never said I am opposed to them.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 05:03:43 pm by RedWolf »
Trust that little voice in your head that says 'Wouldn't it be interesting if...'; And then do it.

Offline RedWolf

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2014, 05:03:09 pm »

And many others are closet Harley fans, but because of their perceived tough guy adventure biker image won't admit it, and rather slate those who like it, so they can seem cool with their buddies. I like them. Cool ride.
:thumleft:

Offline Odd Dog

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2014, 05:04:14 pm »
Nothing wrong with a HD, those that criticise them have probably never owned one or even ridden one.
If You're going through hell, keep going.

Offline RedWolf

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2014, 05:20:36 pm »

I would love to have one. But cant express enough how much the hells angels and there cocky I am better than the rest of humanity attitude has rubbed of on me and for that reason alone I would never own one.

Reply by the above mentioned group would be. "Well fuck you, we would not want you to own one anyway. You have not earned the right to own the road and ride at slow speeds looking all fierce and strong."

I agree, if I ever buy a Harley I would probably use it to tour the country with my wife as pillion. Don't think I'll ride with the Harley clubs. Don't like their 'badass' own the road image, but I do like the bikes.. :thumleft:

Offline Garfield

• Deleted Users
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2014, 05:47:21 pm »
Most guys are just taking the piss really...

Rode on a Viper Lounge rental a few years back, also wanted to feel.
Took some getting used to, but like most bikes it was fun, just not for me, not yet.

Ride whatever you want where you want, just ride  :thumleft:

Offline subie

• Local Mods
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • Liberalism is the ideology of Western suicide.
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2014, 05:52:02 pm »

Don't think that is true that the forum is anti Harley. I love bikes,any bike and all bikes. I cannot afford most of them unfortunately  :ricky:
As time washes by, our footprints are all for naught

Online punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2014, 05:58:28 pm »
GOOD FOR YOU
NOW FOR A real CRUISER RIDE ,  GET YER ARSE ON A 1800 BOULEVARD
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline gunsports

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2014, 06:54:54 pm »
GOOD FOR YOU
NOW FOR A real CRUISER RIDE ,  GET YER ARSE ON A 1800 BOULEVARD

And then; and only then; can you graduate to a Goldwing .....

Offline ColD

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2014, 08:14:14 pm »
So I love bikes, most bikes, and am working on having a garage full of them, so my last bike purchase was a Triumph Thunderbird, mainly because the name is awesome, though completely different to my other bikes.

I do love riding it as much as my DS, it definately has its place to bike enthusiasts.

My opinion is that it is more refined and a better build quality than the Harley, has the same size motor as the Harley mentions in the thread and it has lost of legs even at 140 in top gear but generally you just end up cruising around 110- 120 that is , and smooth, I rode a Indian at Amid, and think my T bird is smoother, so the closet criuser fans , go give Tbird a test.

I must admit however, the guys that ride criusers with me don't realy like the dirt much, so all that means is I have two sets of riding buddies, so a win win for me. I agree ...dont care what you ride, just ride.. We are all professionals that love bikes and the open road, if you want to classify yourself as a xyz biker then go ahead and do so, but live and let live, the WD I know are great people, yes I am sure they will take the piss for me owning a criuser, but that is just friendly banter.  It could be worse  it could be a super bike! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

We are not here for a long time.....we are here for a good time.

Offline Kykdaar

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Zundapp (all models)
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2014, 08:24:49 pm »
A fat boy on Harley..... now where have I seen that before?

Offline whitedelight

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2014, 08:28:06 pm »
Harley's are a very different ride.once you get your head around it and learn how to ride it,you will enjoy it. I own a 96" 2009 Road King Classic and coming from a VRod it was very different. The first test ride I hit the limiter in first gear,thinking is this it.
Mine sits at 140km/h two up fully loaded no problem. Sixth gear is very muck like an overdrive,for me shifting down to fifth gear is quite normal. I only struggle to keep up to the 103's into a head on wind.
Also like to add I got 40 000km on the clock and yet to be stranded along the roadside.
To me Harley service is still hard to beat locally.
Rather live one day like a lion than 100 days like a sheep

Offline whitedelight

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2014, 08:29:51 pm »

Maybe you meant to say Hog clubs. The group you mentioned above would give you a very different answer if they read what you wrote.
Rather live one day like a lion than 100 days like a sheep

Offline Wolzak

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
  • Previously Offshore
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2014, 08:45:33 pm »
The Workmanship, Quality and Reliability of HD is hard to match. I am on my fourth HD and if I have to choose which Bike I would leave in my Will it would without any doubt be my HD. Fuck the Attention you get when you ride one.
Current Bikes
KTM 790 R Rally
Harley Davidson Deuce
Aprilia Moto 65

Offline RedWolf

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2014, 08:55:17 pm »
A fat boy on Harley..... now where have I seen that before?
:P

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2014, 09:45:12 pm »
Harley's are too expensive. If you disect what your rands get you, they are overpriced.

BUT.....they are indeed, like Jupiter said, cool rides. Remember, they are the absolute original of this genre. The original.

I am a staunch Jap bike fan, but whether it is a Boulevard, Dragstar, Intruder or Royal Star, it will remain a copy. And seen as that.