Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: So, I rode a 2000cc Harley Davidson.. See page 6..  (Read 11951 times)

Offline McSack

• Hairy-arsed throttle-slinging
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
Re: So, I rode a Harley Davidson today!!
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2014, 03:02:11 pm »
As my triumph tiger verkoop gaan ek n cruiser koop. Besluit nog tussen die Triumph Rocket3 en die HD softail.

Hou my MX bike darem om in modder te speel

Honda CRF250R '10
Triumph Tiger 955i '06
Ride a Rocket dude.... holy nonsense! My kids are lucky I didn't have their birth certificates with me at Traditional Triumph the last time I was in there
~ Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere and sometimes, in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself ~

Offline Bells

« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2014, 05:16:36 pm »
109 kW @ 5750rpm and 221Nm @ 2750rpm which is close to idle, it's a monster

Honda CRF250R '10
Triumph Tiger 955i '06

Offline RedWolf

« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2014, 06:51:38 pm »
109 kW @ 5750rpm and 221Nm @ 2750rpm which is close to idle, it's a monster

Honda CRF250R '10
Triumph Tiger 955i '06
That is a lot... :o. That big engine just looks a bit silly sticking out on the sides..
Trust that little voice in your head that says 'Wouldn't it be interesting if...'; And then do it.

Offline volroom

« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2014, 07:00:50 pm »
If I have to get a cruiser, it won't be a harley. Maybe the suzuki boulevard...1800cc V-twin. 160Nm, and it looks mean. I read about simple cheapish performance mods that you get for this bike, that will give you even more grunt.

the Rocket (Triumph) I'll also have, and of course, if your offering, the 'new' 1700cc VMAX
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 10:00:43 am by volroom »
2003 R1150GS

Offline Wayne

« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2014, 08:41:15 pm »
As my triumph tiger verkoop gaan ek n cruiser koop. Besluit nog tussen die Triumph Rocket3 en die HD softail.

Hou my MX bike darem om in modder te speel

Honda CRF250R '10
Triumph Tiger 955i '06
Ride a Rocket dude.... holy nonsense! My kids are lucky I didn't have their birth certificates with me at Traditional Triumph the last time I was in there

Rocket. Now you talking.
May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.

Offline Bells

« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2014, 10:01:23 pm »
Yeah so somebody please buy my triumph tiger so that i can purchase a rocket

Honda CRF250R '10
Triumph Tiger 955i '06

Offline Wayne

« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2014, 06:49:37 am »
Yeah so somebody please buy my triumph tiger so that i can purchase a rocket

Honda CRF250R '10
Triumph Tiger 955i '06

Believe me, if I could I would. Still miss mine. Had the 04 model.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.

Offline Rough Rider

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Hang time
« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2014, 08:41:29 am »
Harley's are too expensive. If you disect what your rands get you, they are overpriced.

BUT.....they are indeed, like Jupiter said, cool rides. Remember, they are the absolute original of this genre. The original.

I am a staunch Jap bike fan, but whether it is a Boulevard, Dragstar, Intruder or Royal Star, it will remain a copy. And seen as that.

I own an awesome Yamaha Wildstar which is copy of the Roadking, from the V-twin 1600 cc air cooled push rod engine to the belt drive. And being a Yamaha this thing will never let you down.

I often take this bike out of the garage ahead of my DS bikes and the more I ride it the more I enjoy it.

I especially love dragging cars from the lights, and have yet had one come even close, which surprises the hell out of most of them (I must have a perverted sense of humor)  :laughing4:  It is not surprising really, with the performance pipes etc fitted, this bike produces a ton of torque and can do 0-100 in pretty quickly.
Yes but that is like buying a MX6 and telling everyone "yes but it looks like an Italian sports car"  :biggrin:

Ya but I did not buy it, it just kind of ended up in my garage  :biggrin:
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM

Offline Roxtar

• REV IT UP
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Aka Sprocket Face
« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2014, 09:52:34 am »
yOU bLOODY AGENT YOU ............ :biggrin:

Must say HD is the original but I prefer the VROD/VMAX/JUDGE muscle type bikes more than the cruisers at this point in my life......  :thumleft:

But I ride an XR so time to wake up in 3.....2....1........
Long live the Underdog.........

Offline RedWolf

« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2014, 02:26:30 pm »
Harley's are too expensive. If you disect what your rands get you, they are overpriced.

BUT.....they are indeed, like Jupiter said, cool rides. Remember, they are the absolute original of this genre. The original.

I am a staunch Jap bike fan, but whether it is a Boulevard, Dragstar, Intruder or Royal Star, it will remain a copy. And seen as that.

I own an awesome Yamaha Wildstar which is copy of the Roadking, from the V-twin 1600 cc air cooled push rod engine to the belt drive. And being a Yamaha this thing will never let you down.

I often take this bike out of the garage ahead of my DS bikes and the more I ride it the more I enjoy it.

I especially love dragging cars from the lights, and have yet had one come even close, which surprises the hell out of most of them (I must have a perverted sense of humor)  :laughing4:  It is not surprising really, with the performance pipes etc fitted, this bike produces a ton of torque and can do 0-100 in pretty quickly.
Yes but that is like buying a MX6 and telling everyone "yes but it looks like an Italian sports car"  :biggrin:

That's nice..
Trust that little voice in your head that says 'Wouldn't it be interesting if...'; And then do it.

Offline Rough Rider

• Grey hound
  • Hang time
« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2014, 04:10:44 pm »

That's nice..

I know I am so lucky   :biggrin: now I wish one of these will just kind of end up there too  ::)

Offline RedWolf

« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2014, 07:10:19 pm »

That's nice..

I know I am so lucky   :biggrin: now I wish one of these will just kind of end up there too  ::)

Now that is a bike... :drif:

Offline Bells

« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2014, 09:17:14 pm »
Then i'd rather get the kawa z1000.

Honda CRF250R '10
Triumph Tiger 955i '06

Offline THROTTLE JOCKEY

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • Number plate T JOCKEY EC
« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2014, 10:24:21 am »

That's nice..

:drif:
Ride it like you stole it!

OWN:KTM 950 SE***Suzuki DR650***Yamaha XT 600 Tenere***Yamaha XT 200***Honda CRF450X***Honda TRX 300 Quad***CRF1000AT
LIBERATED:KTM 640 Adventure***Suzuki 200 Djebel
SOLD:HONDA CRF450R***Honda CR250R***Yamaha YZ250***Yamaha WR200***BMW F800GS***YAMAHA XT660 extreme***Yamaha XT660

Offline Odd Dog

« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2014, 12:01:17 pm »
Well padded saddle.
If You're going through hell, keep going.

Offline volroom

« Reply #95 on: October 18, 2014, 01:19:59 pm »
can you believe that engine from the beast will be fitted to a dualie?
2003 R1150GS

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2014, 06:03:36 pm »

That is like Toyota launching a towncar with a 5lt V-8 turbocharged engine. Any point?

Offline volroom

« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2014, 08:01:32 pm »

That is like Toyota launching a towncar with a 5lt V-8 turbocharged engine. Any point?

bragging rights of 3rd gear power wheelies, can't think of much else
2003 R1150GS

Offline Rough Rider

• Grey hound
  • Hang time
« Reply #98 on: October 19, 2014, 08:42:00 am »

It doesn't wheelie in any gear.

Offline RedWolf

« Reply #99 on: October 19, 2014, 05:08:30 pm »

It doesn't wheelie in any gear.
Traction control??