I'm leaving my wife....... for a roadbook

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveD

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW G650 X-challenge
So this arrived today:

It's a prototype Aurora roadbook, with custom bracket, on loan to BlueBull for Amageza.

BlueBull wanted a dual ICO+CAP setup, with the CAP top right, the main ICO top left, and the backup ICO bottom. 640 Armageddon didn't have such a bracket for the Aurora roadbook, so he designed a custom one - just like that. Impressive stuff.

The workmanship on this is  :biggrin:. Check the grommets that hold the ICOs:

And from the back:

Opening the beautiful wooden box, and I found this work of art:

The front attached and detaches with two long O-ring kinda-things

A really neat touch is the support underneath where the paper will be. That could be really convenient when making notes while pre-riding a route.

Now for the sexy bit - the whole centre mechanism just lifts out. It's like magic! The motor drives two rather strong magnets, and the coupling from those to the rollers is just via magnetism.

Now that could be REALLY useful when loading/marking up a roadbook.

Good workmanship all around, with wiring breakout done with a little PCB, nogal with the Aurora logo on it. Note the insulated connections, and the lock marks on the nuts. Neat.

Actually fitting the bracket to the bike was painless. The main ICO will be fitted tomorrow, I had packed it away in the trommel already.

Control is via HDB thumbswitches. I like the feel of these a whole lot more than the stock ICO switches, and the roadbook advance/retard buttons look a lot more likely to survive an "event" than the always fragile looking toggle switches.

That second pair of switches mounted on the lever is a backup roadbook control. I am not sure if I have it mounted in the right place?

Red button at the back if you need to roll the roadbook backwards

and control for backup ICO on the right...

This is one well made, incredibly sexy piece of kit, with the Pièce de résistance being this:

One day when I'm big I want a personal edition roadbook. But first, I just need to figure out where to mount that nameplate......