What bike would you ride if you can't ride your current one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omninorm

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 790 Adventure
I've been looking around the forums and see a lot of people bought bikes for their specific needs as we all do.
If you could only have 1 bike, what would you ride if you could not have your current bike budget is also a consideration. If you ride a DR200 now because you could only afford a DR200 you can't say you would ride a KTM 1190 now.

We all say that there is no 1 bike but many  (most?) of us had to make that decision..what bike do I buy.
Mine came down to choosing the F800GS as it seemed to me to do most things relatively well. Commute, tour, gravel, 2 spoor, pillion, luggage.
If it was not available I would have had the KTM 690 Enduro R. For me that was a seriously close second bike. The big problem was luggage with pillion if I needed to, and the price with rally kit and all the stuff needed to get it "distance ready"

What is your "other choice" or second choice bike if you couldn't have your current ride given budget considerations, what you need to use it for and current model lineups etc.