Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Amageza 2015 Its not too early is it?  (Read 8982 times)

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
Amageza 2015 Its not too early is it?
« on: November 14, 2014, 09:56:32 pm »
Im taking a bit of a liberty here (hope the organisers dont mind), but there are a lot of guys talking about next year.

So who is in?  >:D  :ricky:  :ricky:  :ricky:

BEFORE YOU VOTE: Think about it carefully. We South Africans are notorious for committing to something and then pulling out later on. Dont be one of those people.

A little birdie told me its likely to be 7 stages /days long, and may cross a border or two. Lets asume this to be the case.

Lets also assume the ASO will support and present the Dakar Challenge as part of the event. :deal:

What do you guys reckon?

Im in  :evil6: and this time Im telling my boss before the end of THIS year.  ::)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 10:06:24 pm by BlueBull2007 »
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline Bluefish

• Puppy
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
Re: Amageza 2015 Its not too early is it?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 10:09:13 pm »
Take my money!

Offline GJ

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 10:26:48 pm »
Beslis da,die jaar geoefen,volgende jaar race ek :thumleft:

Offline LoodPb

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Honda XR650L
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 10:40:05 pm »
Eish ou Gideon, jy sal vir oom Brett moet saambring n! En julle moet daai katooms se enjins heel hou volgende jaar...... Of kry ook WR soos ek Hehehehe  :pot: :peepwall:

Ne maak sommer grappies, maar was lekker om vir jou en
Kobie te ontmoet daar, sien julle by die offroads in die nuwe jaar!!

En ek hoop by Amageza 2015 ook!

Offline Buff

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 05:57:01 am »
I'm always loathed to commit so early because things can go pear shaped from one day to the next but God willing, I plan to join you guys next year. I've sat and watched the drama unfold from behind a PC screen for too long, it's time to get jiggy with it ;)

I've set myself a goal of buying one Rally component for my bike every month to force me too remained focussed to this monumental challenge and also to try avoid the big hit closer to the rally. A safari long range tank or Omega tanks will be my biggest expenditure besides the entry fee and race week.
Let me know if you guys know of 2nd hand kit for sale, I'll be building up a standard bar mounted roadbook and ico bracket, the same as what Gideon & Kobie ran this year.
Present bikes: BETA 300RR, KTM 690, Yamaha WR250F

If you're dumb you gotta be tough !!!

Offline Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 06:27:53 am »
I'm keen but it depends - more than likely won't be doing it.

I've got a knee op coming up that I'd postponed coz of this Amageza that's gonna keep me off any bike for about 6 months - so maybe I've lost the will by then.

And cost-wise, I can't justify a rally spec bike - so it's either a rebuild of the KLR or a 250 type setup like loopsoosstroop used.
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline Crossed-up

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2014, 07:12:08 am »
I'll be there.

But next year I  hope we get a Red Bull sponsorship for the long days and too short nights!  :imaposer:

On a serious note: If Captain Commander scraps GPS track recording then he'll probably have to go with the Dakar system. Shine your shoes and go to see your bank manager.

Offline Pure-orange

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Just Mike
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2014, 08:54:04 am »
Bring it on...
I'm still catching up on my sleep....

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2014, 10:42:38 am »
There is just no way that I will be able to be there as a competitor. Financially its just not going to happen.

BUT...  I have already got the go-ahead from the missus to attend. The seed has been planted, and if it germinates, then I'll be there as a back-up crew/paramedic/mechanic/cook & bottlewasher.

I may even get to follow a day or two on my old XL  ;D

Watch this space  :deal:  :thumleft:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2014, 11:05:56 am »
I'm in unless something major happens. A lot of the PTA east dogs also sound keen. Hopefully we can get someone to sponsor a bigger sticker next year  ;D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 11:06:27 am by Dwerg »
Current: KTM 690R
Previous: KTM 790ADV, 640ADV, 950ADV, 250XCW BMW F650GS Single, F650GS Twin, F800GS, G450X, R50/2 Honda CRF450X, CRF230 x 2, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail Yamaha BWS100 x 2, LB80 Chappy

Offline MaxThePanda

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Vespa (all models)
  • As in 'Even more Panda'. Also likes sharks.
    • Team 525
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2014, 11:40:52 am »
My team mates are all buying new bikes already, so take that as a vote of confidence!

Offline Kevin_ZA

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2014, 02:02:00 pm »
If all goes well I am in.... minus Dale. He prefers the hardcore   Bell / Roof  type of event.  - Maybe I can pick up his 500 six days cheap.
A bit concerned that if the event is extended by 2 more days the "bones" won't  last. Strange how the mind works. Friday I felt strong and was ready to rock at the prize giving. Saturday morning I was finished. No way would I have been able to get on a bike and ride for a further 2 days.
Must say I am itching to ride deWildt tomorrow but not too sure my wife will agree. Had a lot of explaining to do why I was in Sutherland on our 38year anniversary and she was at home. I am sure payback is coming but thanks Alex and team. An awesome event. Congrats.
Everyone knows the saying " a day without wine is like a day without sunshine"  Truely applicable but as important - a day without my bike is like a day without sunshine !!!

Offline Hentie @ Riders

• Race Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2014, 03:00:36 pm »
Gaan verseker volgende jaar ry  :deal:

Offline Rolling Stone

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2014, 03:15:47 pm »
If all goes well I am in.... minus Dale. He prefers the hardcore   Bell / Roof  type of event.  - Maybe I can pick up his 500 six days cheap.
A bit concerned that if the event is extended by 2 more days the "bones" won't  last. Strange how the mind works. Friday I felt strong and was ready to rock at the prize giving. Saturday morning I was finished. No way would I have been able to get on a bike and ride for a further 2 days.
Must say I am itching to ride deWildt tomorrow but not too sure my wife will agree. Had a lot of explaining to do why I was in Sutherland on our 38year anniversary and she was at home. I am sure payback is coming but thanks Alex and team. An awesome event. Congrats.
Ja man, I would also be a bit pissed if my wife was not there to support and second me on my anyversary. >:D
Jou are going to have to fit it in before the 40th.  ;D
We can ride together and for taking his place as bike picker-upper and gate opener, I am sure Dale will throw in the 500 for the race.  :peepwall:

Offline Crossed-up

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2014, 03:37:34 pm »
If all goes well I am in.... minus Dale.

That's a pity.  Now, of course, you'll be able to go much faster!  :imaposer:

Offline Scooterbike

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2014, 06:25:18 pm »
My team mates are all buying new bikes already, so take that as a vote of confidence!
Yip, starting bike development early this time. just need to get that bike.
WR sold, but it will be at the next amageza again with its new owner!
 :ricky:
AT (rooi moses); Husky 501, Husky 250

Offline bonova

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Get busy living or get busy dying
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 08:53:20 am »
I'm there like a bear.... already started work on my bike..... will most likely take the BMW again ... you know..... cause it's frikking awesome. in 2 Amagezas - only issue I've had was rider induced (very bad fuel) and a lost Bashplate  :biggrin: touch wood
BMW F650 DAKAR ; BMW 650 X-Challenge ; YAMAHA 660 TENERE ; BMW 800 GS KTM 200EXC. Now - KTM 950 Adventure S, KTM 250 XC-W and BMW 450 Rally

if u are interested in something no matter what it is, go at it full speed ahead, luke warm is no good, hot is no good either, white hot and passionate is the only thing to be...

Offline Scrat

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2014, 09:02:34 am »
 :ricky: :ricky: :ricky:

Amageza #5!!
Will be there for sure...
and the Husky will be weapon of choice again! ... time to start the marketing for sponsorship again!!  :deal:

C u all there again!!
Call us Crazy!! But what an ADVENTURE!!

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2014, 09:40:46 am »
I will be there as a spectator and I can back up as a paramedic. Will bring my kit down on my bike.
There is net a 'spectator option at the voting station above  ???

Offline Pom17

• Race Dog
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Cobus van der Merwe
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2014, 10:01:23 am »
Will do all I can to be there and race but will have to be realistic. By the sounds of it its going to be even more expensive. If crossing borders and new tracking systems are involved it would probably double entry fee's.

But after this years event I am certain that it would still be great value for money. Just wont be able to afford it. So I would commit to 2016. Already convinced a few friends to join