Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Amageza 2015 Its not too early is it?  (Read 8986 times)

Offline Rickus

Re: Amageza 2015 Its not too early is it?
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2014, 05:45:12 pm »
Might just be the motivation I need to get a bike and drop a few kg's  ::)
Will the next route be doable on a 950 or will it be absolutely essential to go for a smaller bike ?
I am quite comfortable with the 950 in sand but if next year is gonna include "THE HELL" type of rocks then a big bike will be a tall order.....

OMVAL EN OPTEL.....

Offline Pleco

• Interesting experiences in the DRC
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • What happened to the rest?
    • Bekker
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2014, 05:48:23 pm »
Not sure if we can get more rocks than 2012 Amageza.
HP2 HPN Smile generator
(Sold)BMW 1200GS. (Old bike, Old rider, New engine)
(Sold)Kawasaki: The art of arriving! 
If you have to watch the road more than the scenery, then you are riding too fast!

Offline Minxy

« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2014, 07:49:01 pm »
Laat ek ook maar kyk wat hier aangaan   ;D

Go girl!
Not having a single female rider this year was disappointing. Next year, come along, and bring some friends  :thumleft:

:peepwall:
*              ★.`.★   "I'm in love with a strict machine"  ★.`.★               *
www.facebook.com/barbara.muszynski/ Hit follow!
Current: KTM 950SE, Husqvarna 701, KTM 500, Honda LS 125 Previous: Honda Africa Twin CRF 1000 DCT, KTM 950 SE, KTM 950 Adv, Aprilia 650 Pegaso Trail, BMW G450X, Husqvarna 350FE, KTM 690RFR
Ride Reports:
Xmas Xtreme - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=233018.0 Hearts in the Desert -  http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=241236.0

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2014, 04:39:48 am »

Go girl!
Not having a single female rider this year was disappointing. Next year, come along, and bring some friends  :thumleft:

You could do it Minxy! Key is preparation. :thumleft:
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline Minxy

« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2014, 08:57:35 am »

Go girl!

I am really considering it. Need to look for a smaller bike first though. Will see how things pan out :)
*              ★.`.★   "I'm in love with a strict machine"  ★.`.★               *
www.facebook.com/barbara.muszynski/ Hit follow!
Current: KTM 950SE, Husqvarna 701, KTM 500, Honda LS 125 Previous: Honda Africa Twin CRF 1000 DCT, KTM 950 SE, KTM 950 Adv, Aprilia 650 Pegaso Trail, BMW G450X, Husqvarna 350FE, KTM 690RFR
Ride Reports:
Xmas Xtreme - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=233018.0 Hearts in the Desert -  http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=241236.0

Offline N[]vA

• Adventure Geek Extreame!
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Suzuki DR-Z 400
  • Adventure Geek Extreme!
    • Adventure Geek
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2014, 09:06:05 am »

Go girl!

I am really considering it. Need to look for a smaller bike first though. Will see how things pan out :)
Start training now, not tomorrow but now.

That is my advice to ALL Amageza riders, until you have tried one you will not believe how much fitness plays into it
So much of win it hurts! ^.^

http://www.adventuregeek.co.za/

Offline Wild Woody

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Life is a Journey, Enjoy the Ride........
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2014, 04:25:38 pm »
Am I correct that the next one will be in September and not November  ;D
"No Politics, No Religion..... Be Humble and treat everyone with Dignity and Respect"

Honda Xl 250; BMW650GS Dakar; BMW F800GSA

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2014, 04:34:30 pm »
Am I correct that the next one will be in September and not November  ;D

PLEASE!!!

If anyone has a hotline to Alexander, PLEASE try and get confirmation of the dates for Amageza 2015 soonest. Some of us need to book leave a year in advance  :xxbah:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline Crossed-up

Re:
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2014, 07:18:50 pm »
Alexander is in Jhb talking to MSA. I shouldn't be surprised if next year's dates are on the agenda.

Offline Rolling Stone

• Race Dog
« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2014, 08:09:59 pm »
Will the next route be doable on a 950 or will it be absolutely essential to go for a smaller bike ?
I am quite comfortable with the 950 in sand but if next year is gonna include "THE HELL" type of rocks then a big bike will be a tall order.....
Rickus

You are a big boy and you handle that 950 like I handle a 450.
For you definitely doable on 950. IMO you must just work on fitness if you have the 950 still..
Remember you live in the sand boet and most probably ride more sand than anyone I know.

You have the perfect area to train in, as a matter of fact it would not be a bad idea for us to put together a couple o days of sand riding there in your neck of the woods.
Would be nice to see you there next year.

Offline Pleco

• Race Dog
    • Bekker
« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2014, 08:45:26 pm »
Rickus

For you definitely doable on 950. IMO you must just work on fitness if you have the 950 still..
Remember you live in the sand boet and most probably ride more sand than anyone I know.

You have the perfect area to train in, as a matter of fact it would not be a bad idea for us to put together a couple o days of sand riding there in your neck of the woods.

I had a quick run with rickus at the back of parkland sin the whoops. He rides them like gravel roads. Not sure if Broekskeur was a problem in 2012 :peepwall:
HP2 HPN Smile generator
If you have to watch the road more than the scenery, then you are riding too fast!

Offline Pleco

• Race Dog
    • Bekker
Re:
« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2014, 08:56:52 pm »
Alexander is in Jhb talking to MSA. I shouldn't be surprised if next year's dates are on the agenda.

He has a lot to deicde to get the dates out. So he will need a bit of time. MSA and international calendars will have to be taken into account.

The duration will also have to be decided. MSA might have had some suggestions there, and I know Alex wants to keep the Amageza as affordable as possible.

Winding up 2014 is also taking up a lot of his time still.

HP2 HPN Smile generator

Offline Rickus

« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2014, 08:53:34 am »
Rickus

I had a quick run with rickus at the back of parkland sin the whoops. He rides them like gravel roads. Not sure if Broekskeur was a problem in 2012 :peepwall:

Thanx for the kind words, but I assure you I struggle to.....I have sold the SE quite some time ago, due to not getting the time to ride (business during the week and farming over weekends) I have been reading quite a bit on the 690 though as it seems like it could be more versatile in my neck of the woods, but there are so many conflicting reviews re'issues on year models and and and, that I'm pretty confused  ::) I do however have been nursing a love crush on the XR650R since I've been allot younger....what to do?
P.S Broekskeur was intimidating but I luckily took the correct line and got up and over pretty easily (could have been easier if I didn't have to sidestep some other victims)

OMVAL EN OPTEL.....

Offline oppiklippe

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Ride it like you stole it !
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2014, 08:28:36 am »
a question for the KTM 690 pilots.. will you do it again on a 690 or would you prefer a lighter 450 ? (not talking about the RR)

and is the standard KTM 450 capable of handling 8+ days of racing ? what mods will need to be done ? (gearing, cooling etc) ..excl. the fairing, tanks and tower.

can you buy a fairing/tank combo for the standard 450 that looks like the 2012 RR setup ? if so where ?

cheers

Offline Pleco

• Race Dog
    • Bekker
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2014, 08:33:25 am »
I saw a very nice generic rallye fairing at flying brick. It seems they are a little ahead of the rest in CT with rallye stuff.

Have a look at Desert Lizard as well of course.

The WR450F might be another option.
HP2 HPN Smile generator

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2014, 08:41:23 am »
I would also like to know just for interest sake please

Offline Bill the Bong

• Coffee Monster
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Cagiva Elefant 900
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2014, 09:41:10 pm »
I'll keep running the 690 until it needs replacement.  I'm not keen on a smaller KTM (I have some of those) for rallying.  If I were to buy a bike right now for rallying, it would be a WR450.  The slight weight penalty and the length of the bike actually gives it some stability in the sand, more like a 690 than an XC-W.  Why not another 690?  The extra tanks and nav gear make it very front-end heavy, more so than bikes that were designed to carry a tank up front.

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2014, 10:54:21 pm »
I'll keep running the 690 until it needs replacement.  I'm not keen on a smaller KTM (I have some of those) for rallying.  If I were to buy a bike right now for rallying, it would be a WR450.  The slight weight penalty and the length of the bike actually gives it some stability in the sand, more like a 690 than an XC-W.  Why not another 690?  The extra tanks and nav gear make it very front-end heavy, more so than bikes that were designed to carry a tank up front.

WR and it seems we are on the same wave length :thumleft: :laughing4:

Offline oppiklippe

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Ride it like you stole it !
« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2014, 05:33:02 pm »
or the 530... :ricky:

Offline Bill the Bong

• Coffee Monster
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Cagiva Elefant 900
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2014, 08:31:37 pm »
or the 530... :ricky:

or a hand granade >:D  If I could get a garage queen 525, I'd use that.  The problem is that the investment to run an AmaG is pretty severe, I cannot afford to do it on something that has a reliability question mark.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 08:35:11 pm by Bill the Bong »