Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Why would Triumph get a wanker to advertise their bikes  (Read 13684 times)

Offline DCR

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
Re: Why would Triumph get a wanker to advertise their bikes
« Reply #120 on: December 01, 2014, 09:46:02 am »
A gravel road is still a road, just the surface material differs. Off road is just that, not on a road that was built.

Offline Grrrr....

• ...eats seeds as a pastime activity.
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • If you trim your tree beware the roots.
« Reply #121 on: December 01, 2014, 09:51:18 am »
Good grief.... we still arguing about this?

Offline Omninorm

« Reply #122 on: December 01, 2014, 10:17:50 am »
A gravel road is still a road, just the surface material differs. Off road is just that, not on a road that was built.

Surely I can then argue a "2 spoor" is also still a road.
Maybe if it doesnt show on a GPS then it's not a road in their opinion?

But this bit then throws a spanner.
"Triumph motorcycles are street machines."

Street = Tar

False advertising with a disclaimer imho.
At the very least - kak advertising then.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 10:20:46 am by Omninorm »
Current: :
Previous:  KTM 690 Enduro R , BMW G310GS, BMW 1200GS LC, BMW F800GS, Suzuki Vstrom 650, Honda Transalp XLV700, BMW Xchallenge, BMW Xcountry, Yamaha WR250F, Honda NC750X, Honda XR150, Kawasaki KLX450R, Yamaha YZ250, Kawasaki KX450, Yamaha YZ250F,  KTM 250 XCW, Yamaha DT125, Yamaha DT50, Honda NSR250, Yamaha RZ 50.

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
« Reply #123 on: December 01, 2014, 01:26:26 pm »

Street = Tar

I agree mate, k@k advertising.
However, you got to agree with me also; 'the XC is one hell of an off road machine and by off road I mean dirt as well as goat trails!
Just like it's German sister it has shamelessly copied it is a great bike to own and I would now seriously consider one again if I had the money!

Offline Omninorm

« Reply #124 on: December 01, 2014, 02:04:05 pm »

Street = Tar

I agree mate, k@k advertising.
However, you got to agree with me also; 'the XC is one hell of an off road machine and by off road I mean dirt as well as goat trails!
Just like it's German sister it has shamelessly copied it is a great bike to own and I would now seriously consider one again if I had the money!

100% agreed - I loved the Tiger when I took it for a test ride.
The guy whom I wanted to buy from even told me I could take it for a spin on gravel, I only took it on the side road gravel bit - I didn't want to fall and then have to buy it. it's a great bike but I really felt - in my inexperience admittedly - that the F800GS is more suited to go off the blacktop than the Tiger, even though the Tiger didn't feel bad at all and I don't think there is too much in it.
I just felt instantly more comfortable on the F800. It also feels a lot lighter than it is.  
It feels like a big pig of a dirtbike, whereas the Tiger feels like a big roadbike with longer suspension.  Don't know if that makes sense but thats how I felt comparing the test rides.

The Tiger to me felt better on road without a doubt (That engine is a gem and I loved the sound) and it had a better seat. But I wanted something while still being abe to do commuting, long highway stretches, pillion with luggage, but would be as much leaning towards offroad as I could find. My first choice was actually the KTM 690 Enduro R but, while it's obviously fantastic off-road it lacked in the pillion / touring department.
I'm glad to see Triumph claims to have done something with the fuel consumption because on my test ride I returned pretty bad figures

Sometimes when I ride long stretches on the highway I wonder if I shouldn't rather have gone for the Tiger...then when I get to the dirt or the commute all those thoughts disappear.

I agree with you that the Triumph and the F800GS is squarely pegged at the same buyer.
I still think...and this Video/Ad somehow drives the nail home for me even more for me, probably counter to what Triumph tries to convey -  that the buyer who is slightly more offroad bias will take the GS and the rider who is slightly more road bias will choose the Tiger.

I've seen that video where those riders take the Triumphs hardcore offroad and it's more than I'll ever be able to do
Both I reckon both bikes covers each area but they hit different sided of the bullseye.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 02:14:19 pm by Omninorm »
Previous:  KTM 690 Enduro R , BMW G310GS, BMW 1200GS LC, BMW F800GS, Suzuki Vstrom 650, Honda Transalp XLV700, BMW Xchallenge, BMW Xcountry, Yamaha WR250F, Honda NC750X, Honda XR150, Kawasaki KLX450R, Yamaha YZ250, Kawasaki KX450, Yamaha YZ250F,  KTM 250 XCW, Yamaha DT125, Yamaha DT50, Honda NSR250, Yamaha RZ 50.

Offline silvrav

« Reply #125 on: December 01, 2014, 03:30:51 pm »
edgy just posted a new photo of bear grylls....see if you can spot which one...

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=29882.11440;topicseen

:imaposer: :imaposer:

Offline immigrant

« Reply #126 on: December 01, 2014, 08:29:27 pm »
Seems like Honda is also seeing the humour in this. Read the first two lines.... :lol8:

« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 08:30:53 pm by immigrant »
Yamaha Super Tenere, Yamaha FZ8, Yamaha Grizzly, Yamaha Viking, Honda CRF250L

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
« Reply #127 on: December 01, 2014, 08:51:21 pm »
Hmm....  :) , I still would much rather be on the survivalist's XC800 than the wiener NC  :imaposer:

Offline Omninorm

« Reply #128 on: December 01, 2014, 10:18:56 pm »
Hmm....  :) , I still would much rather be on the survivalist's XC800 than the wiener NC  :imaposer:

True words spoken    :biggrin: