Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: HEIDENAU K60 Scout  (Read 5127 times)

Offline whitedelight

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
Re: HEIDENAU K60 Scout
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2014, 08:02:45 pm »
I will never use Heidi's again. I've got about 7500km on a GSA, and even less on a 990. But for that I take full responsibility. My problem is the grip on tar is on par with a full knobbly, but the grip off-road is far less. So you get the bad of a proper knobbly without the pro's, and on sand it is pathetic. Repairing a flat next to the road is also a horrible experience. I'll take a TKC or similar any day of the week

Sorry but got to disagree,the Heidi gives way more grip on tar compared to a TKC. You can lean way over on a Heidi front without feeling any movement. I got about 9k km out of my Heidi. Not sure how the guys get the high milage they post,the tyre will square off before you run out of tread.
Rather live one day like a lion than 100 days like a sheep

Offline zollie

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • A motorcycle canít sing on the streets of a city.
    • Damduiker
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2014, 08:01:07 am »
Got my Heidi on roughly a week now, bike is serviced and ready for December!

Been riding back to work and back (all I have time for before I go on leave..) and very happy with the rear.

I once again have to compliment Bike Gear on their speedy service and the professional manner they handled this unfortunate incident.

Much appreciated, hope to upload some pics soon of the Heidi eating up some gravel!
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...

Offline cracklin

• Forum Vendor
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2014, 11:22:52 am »
Thanks Zollie

Remember 3.0 bar at the rear :thumright:

www.bikegear.co.za

Offline roxenz

• rocks make sense
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • cheerful yesterdays and confident tomorrows
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2014, 01:16:51 pm »
I had a set of Heidi K60 Scouts on the XT660Z.  I didn't love them, because I felt the handling was unimpressive.  But in terms of value for money, I think they are impossible to beat.  My rear did 19,000km over tar, gravel, rock, sand and mud. From fully inflated tar travelling, heavy load, 700km at 140kph, to flinging Sani Pass rocks around at low pressures.  And during all this only one puncture.

The Heidi is a compromise, so will never be fantastic at one thing (except mileage), but it is probably the best compromise available for a DS bike. IMHO.

Glad this instance is getting sorted out by the supplier!

Offline Vlakhaas

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2014, 04:36:19 pm »
I will never use Heidi's again. I've got about 7500km on a GSA, and even less on a 990. But for that I take full responsibility. My problem is the grip on tar is on par with a full knobbly, but the grip off-road is far less. So you get the bad of a proper knobbly without the pro's, and on sand it is pathetic. Repairing a flat next to the road is also a horrible experience. I'll take a TKC or similar any day of the week

Sorry but got to disagree,the Heidi gives way more grip on tar compared to a TKC. You can lean way over on a Heidi front without feeling any movement. I got about 9k km out of my Heidi. Not sure how the guys get the high milage they post,the tyre will square off before you run out of tread.

I didn't clarify, I've only used Heidi's on the rear. Front was always a TKC for better tracktion in dirt. Yes, I completely agree with the less movement when leaning over just looking at the patterns, but I found the rear slips a lot under hard acceleration, and locks up quicker under braking than a TKC. I unfortunately don't have access to tarred passes with fast sweeping corners to lean the bike over. It is either dodging taxi's in town or straights that go on forever. The gravel roads around here is of course a completely different kettle of fish....