The "Dirt Trio" kicks up some dust in the Klein Karoo - again....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XRRX

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
So the usual trio did a short (480k’s) trip through the Great Little Karoo in stunning weather – for a change…  :biggrin:
We left a chaotic dark George (compliments from Eskom  :xxbah: ) yesterday morning… It was a mission to fill-up the bikes and get alive across the dark robots!!!  :eek7:
On the old Greatbrak road I started relaxing, and the first gravel from Little Brak past Ruiterbos to Eight Bells was a tonic after a hectic week…  8)
We met up with Baked Beans from Dana Bay at Eight Bells. While Skolla and BB ordered us each a beer to get over the power failures – I quickly adjusted my new chain – almost cutting off a fingertip in the process – don’t ask…  :-[
After some first aid and the beer I was all good and there we go… Robertson Pass was nice, but the real fun started from the turn-off to Paardebont. At the Gourits drift we stopped for a cold one, and went on – having a blast on that little farm road. Turned right to Calitzdorp on the Rooiberg Pass - great fun as usual – but do not lose your concentration here!!  :deal:  Outside of Calitz we stopped at “Die Bosvarkie”  :snorting: for a welcome hamburger and a few cold ones. While we were there Eskom again rose to the occasion  :xxbah:  – but thankfully the only filling station had a power generator – as my XR was running low…
From here tar across the Huysriver Pass with a nice bit of gravel via Hoeko to Ladismith for some supplies and fuel.  10k’s outside Ladismith on the way to Laingsburg, our bikes turned off automatically to Koedoeskloof…  As always Veldbrand was ready with some cold refreshments …  :thumleft:
We left for the last few k’s to Oaksrest underneath Towerkop – thankfully just before Veldbrand and a local farmer with an old bonnet less Cruiser called “The Beast” went completely depressed over the Boks vs Wales circus …  :lol8:
At Oaksrest the ever friendly Philip and Louisa handed us the keys to the guest house instead of the backpackers – as some local people made a last minute reservation for a sweet 16 party at the backpackers – well we didn’t mind at all – thanks Philip and Louisa !!!  :thumleft:

Had a great braai enjoying a marvelous Karoo evening!! This morning we stopped at Veldtie again for coffee and breakfast – in the dark again – thanks Eskom…  ::)
Headed home via Vanwyksdorp and Herbertsdale to PetroSA and back…

Thanks guys – as always it was great!!! Till next time …
O0

Attachments

• 8Bells.JPG
    8Bells.JPG
    331.8 KB · Views: 410
  • GouritsTriumph.JPG
    GouritsTriumph.JPG
    356.6 KB · Views: 408
  • Gourits.JPG
    Gourits.JPG
    322.3 KB · Views: 408
  • Castle.JPG