Zongshen Gy200-a

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevgh0

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
Ive got 200cc semi off road here to test,..

Im really disappointed in the off-roadability of the bike, the tires are gravel orientated but still horrible in the sand and the suspension soon bottoms out with the numberplate holder sagging on to the tire or something.

Top speed ive done on it was about 110kph - on the N1 highway with the pegs and bars vibrating like hell.

some low end, no midrage and no topend power. Clutch it and it wont pull the front up , no matter what gear your in.

My Dr600 weighed roughly 140kg's , this is noticeably lighter, the Dr had moerse knoblies on but the centre tread was worn, but i could fly through the thick dune sand with it.

The 200, has alot of tread, but had the front snaking and it kept throwing me off the sand trail. (mind you i was sitting down) i eventually stopped the bike deflated only the front to about .6 bar and then turned it around at it  seemed alot better , but i was now standing on the pegs.

Still not good offroad at all. On tiny jumps the suspension is horrid :(
The 8kw of raw power seem more like 3kw.

but this would be an excellent learner bike , I though my Gf to ride within 20minutes she was gooi-ing it around an open velt.... with no problems. (now i just need her to take more of an interest in this forum and advrider.com)

I dont know if its worth the 14g's  i would far buy a 20 year old XL185/ XT200 then this ..

my opinion ..  use it dont use it .

if i had a 16 year old son naggin for a bike .. would i buy it .

NO

Rather look at a Dt50 / Mtx50 :)