Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Starter Bike for a lady?  (Read 4463 times)

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
Re: Starter Bike for a lady?
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2014, 05:45:20 pm »

Well, you clearly didn't have a problem with saddle height - you seem to ride around on a pretty high horse. Why don't you climb down from it every now and then?

"Lady Look bike" - they usually have pretty small tanks - you don't need much fuel range to ride between the kitchen sink and the ironing board.

:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :lol8: :lol8: :lol8: you sir, will regret that post for the rest of your life  :lol8: :lol8:

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2014, 09:43:35 pm »
Wahahahahahaha, beste een van 2014  :imaposer:   :imaposer:

Offline nielvn

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Starter Bike for a lady?
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2014, 09:54:13 pm »
My wife got a 390 duke a few months back, what a little bike, lots of power and low, nice starter bike if you ask me.

Sorry, corrected.

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2014, 09:59:41 pm »
Jou wat?

Daar short n woord  :imaposer:   :imaposer:

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2014, 10:05:41 pm »
Jou wat?

Daar short n woord  :imaposer:   :imaposer:

ek self gewonder WTF?! ek nou disleksies? seker autocorrect......

Offline MissM

• Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2014, 02:08:08 pm »
What size is it?
This was my experience in the last 2 years with my wife.

Rule 1: Their feet must be firm on the ground.
Rule 2: Bike musn't be "butch" it must have a "lady look" to it.

Trust me, when you get to the ATGATT you are going to have fun. Whatever they buy, color and look is the most important.

What is your budget for a bike?

Wow. So much sexism in 1 post.

What exactly is a "lady look"? And seriously, we're more concerned woth colour and look than safety and capability?

Sigh.

Starter bike for a girl = would you use it to start riding if you were 5ft6 (average height) and physically smaller? Only thing you need to think about.

We're juat lighter and smaller than guys. That's all.

Aagh not you again! Remember our previous chat? I'm not even going to waste my time explaining myself because you simply read what you want to and believe only what you want to.

Now, how about you being more constructive and give us your opinion regarding the "perfect bike" and things to  look out for when buying gear?

I have no idea what the perfect bike is as every person is different. She needs to go and sit on them and test ride them. Just like guys, every women is different and will like different things.

I figure if starting, a light and easy to control bike is best, but I learnt to ride on an 800GS so, again, no idea.

Gear wise - identical gear to a guy starting out. You'll struggle to find gloves as girls tend to have tiny hands. A woman who cares more about what it looks like than its protection ability shouldn't be riding a motorbike.

What is a "lady" looking bike? That is a ridiculous statement.

As long as the woman in question is comfortable, the bike is fine. All women are different heights and weight, and mentally different, so how can 1 bike fit all women?

The sexism was about a ladies bike (what is that) and caring more about what the gear looks like vs practicality.

Well, you clearly didn't have a problem with saddle height - you seem to ride around on a pretty high horse. Why don't you climb down from it every now and then?

"Lady Look bike" - they usually have pretty small tanks - you don't need much fuel range to ride between the kitchen sink and the ironing board.

Oh wait. This is, clearly a "ladies bike" if you ride it.

Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world.

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2014, 09:12:40 pm »
OOOOO   ANOTHER 'TOUCHY THREAD"

just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline Odd Dog

« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2014, 10:05:45 pm »
If you value her start her on as smaller bike as possible, I've seen too many parents refuse to let their kids own a bike while growing up only for the kid to buy a 750/1000cc as a 1st bike when they can afford it and it all ends in tragedy. Yes you can learn on an 800 but the quickest route is a small machine.

Oh and my opinion on a "lady bike" = a feminine looking bike(color floral, stickers, pink stripes etc) because some ladies are not too feminine.  ;)
If You're going through hell, keep going.

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2014, 10:11:55 pm »
Ek doen nie ballet of perm my hare nie.

Vrou se plek is ook dus nie op n bike nie.

As ek terug kom van n ride af soek n n bord kook kos, op die tafel, klaar gedek, met n koue drink.

Kak het begin toe ons die vrou die reg gegee het om ook te gaan Vote. Dit moes ook nooit gebeur het nie.

Offline elandsrider

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2014, 10:15:06 pm »
What size is it?
This was my experience in the last 2 years with my wife.

Rule 1: Their feet must be firm on the ground.
Rule 2: Bike musn't be "butch" it must have a "lady look" to it.

Trust me, when you get to the ATGATT you are going to have fun. Whatever they buy, color and look is the most important.

What is your budget for a bike?

Wow. So much sexism in 1 post.

What exactly is a "lady look"? And seriously, we're more concerned woth colour and look than safety and capability?

Sigh.

Starter bike for a girl = would you use it to start riding if you were 5ft6 (average height) and physically smaller? Only thing you need to think about.

We're juat lighter and smaller than guys. That's all.

Aagh not you again! Remember our previous chat? I'm not even going to waste my time explaining myself because you simply read what you want to and believe only what you want to.

Now, how about you being more constructive and give us your opinion regarding the "perfect bike" and things to  look out for when buying gear?

I have no idea what the perfect bike is as every person is different. She needs to go and sit on them and test ride them. Just like guys, every women is different and will like different things.

I figure if starting, a light and easy to control bike is best, but I learnt to ride on an 800GS so, again, no idea.

Gear wise - identical gear to a guy starting out. You'll struggle to find gloves as girls tend to have tiny hands. A woman who cares more about what it looks like than its protection ability shouldn't be riding a motorbike.

What is a "lady" looking bike? That is a ridiculous statement.

As long as the woman in question is comfortable, the bike is fine. All women are different heights and weight, and mentally different, so how can 1 bike fit all women?

The sexism was about a ladies bike (what is that) and caring more about what the gear looks like vs practicality.

Oh wait. This is, clearly a "ladies bike" if you ride it.

My wife has this vague idea to start riding. Was looking at a 125 or 200cc cruiser type job. This seems like a better idea imo so ill tell her a lady suggested on wd   :thumleft: :patch:
KLR 650, KDX 200, XTZ 750, XL 500

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2014, 10:24:06 pm »

As ek terug kom van n ride af soek n n bord kook kos, op die tafel, klaar gedek, met n koue drink.

Kak het begin toe ons die vrou die reg gegee het om ook te gaan Vote. Dit moes ook nooit gebeur het nie.

jy gaan kak oor die post.... maar jy weet dit  ;) :peepwall:

Offline elandsrider

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2014, 10:26:01 pm »

:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :lol8: :lol8: :lol8:
KLR 650, KDX 200, XTZ 750, XL 500

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2014, 10:30:29 pm »

Freedom of Speech. As almal mag sing Skiet die Boer, dan mag ek s n vrou se plek is nie op n bike nie.

Offline poenerhoes

« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2014, 04:42:07 pm »
 :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: ek het nou so gelag ek het amper van my hoe perd afgeval, gelukkig het hy in die kombuis gestaan toe kon ek op die stoof vastrap om bo te bly :spitcoffee:
Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose....

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2015, 06:14:27 pm »
i also want a high horse
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride