Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Shez just lost his ride for 2015 (and gets another job), (and then looses that)  (Read 1465 times)

Online Warren Ellwood

http://www.crash.net/wsbk/news/212520/1/sheridan-morais-grillini-kawasaki-part-ways.html

More and more, talent is being superseded by the need for financing. Way of the world I suppose, just a pity it has such an influence on racing.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 11:51:01 am by Warren Ellwood »
"Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, and does it improve on the silence?"

Offline bud500

• RIP dear friend
  • Global Moderator
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
Re: Shez just lost his ride for 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 10:20:31 am »
Saw that earlier this week.

It sucks!

Getting something this late in the year is going to be close on impossible.
Live like someone left the gate open.

Offline silvrav

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 10:32:01 am »
Whats the main reason  ??? Money? personal?

Offline cocky

• Ryyyyyy net ASFB.
  • Race Dog
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 10:35:48 am »
The bike that they have is the same as last years bike and the team has no money for development, all the development is done on race weekend. Seems he may continue his work with Yamaha Austria endurance.
Just because your past did not turn out like you wanted it to does not mean your marriage will not be better than you ever imagined it could be.
Die Kaapse Hoender!

Online Warren Ellwood

"Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, and does it improve on the silence?"

Offline ButtSlider

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • DRESS TO SLIDE BEFORE YOU RIDE
BMW 800 GSA  \\ Honda XL700V  \\  Honda Blackbird  \\

Online Warren Ellwood

Re: Shez just lost his ride for 2015 (and gets another job)
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 09:53:55 am »
And lost it again to Gino Rea, something about contractual negotiations, hope he gets a break elsewhere.

Offline cocky

• Ryyyyyy net ASFB.
  • Race Dog
  • DILLIGAF
Re: Shez just lost his ride for 2015 (and gets another job)
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 10:35:08 am »
And lost it again to Gino Rea, something about contractual negotiations, hope he gets a break elsewhere.
PTR brought in Rea cause of money, he brings sponsor's, now he is out with a broken foot or something.
Been trying to get info on Shez, but all the bike sites are quiet about what he is going to do next.
Just because your past did not turn out like you wanted it to does not mean your marriage will not be better than you ever imagined it could be.
Die Kaapse Hoender!

Offline bud500

• RIP dear friend
  • Global Moderator
  • Grey hound
From RideFast Sportbike Magazine's FB page:

EXCLUSIVE FIRST!!!! Sheridan Morais talks PTR split:
PTR Honda and Sheridan Morais acrimonious split
Issued 18th February 2015
Sheridan Morais has finally said in a press release what everybody already knew – that he was asked to leave PTR Honda before even the beginning of the 2015 World Supersport season. While Sheridan had yet to go on record concerning his contract with PTR Honda, what little he was saying about his relationship with PTR hints at a very nasty relationship. As the split has now become litigious, so Sheridan’s boldness has escalated for speaking out against his increasingly hostile treatment at the hands of PTR Honda since his stint in with the team in WSS during 2013.
Having had to curb his ability in deference to the whims of the PTR
Honda team, the South African multiple Superbike Champion and regular podium rider in the World Championship has now provided a candid view of the PTR outfit.
Says Shez: “I really want to feel like a teammate again, where each team principal honours his contractual commitment to the rider for the duration of the year. I would prefer to be in a team where everyone works in the same direction from the get go and shares the vision, the goals and information. I can't wait for that moment to come.”
On his Twitter and Facebook fan page today in Johannesburg, not only did Morais officially confirm the split, he expressed his strongest criticisms to date. Referring to Simon Buckmaster’s unexpected cancellation of his contract on 6 February 2015 without abiding by the termination provisions, it now emerges that the diminutive rider has been left without a full time ride for 2015 at a time when he has not only fulfilled his financial obligations to the team, but had also incurred significant personal expense in preparing for the season.
Buckmaster’s timing of the cancellation could also not have come at a worse time as the first tests of the new season were due to commence at Philip Island on Friday, 13th February.
In an unseemly attempt to justify the belated cancellation of the contract it had with Morais, the PTR team management publicly issued inaccurate and factually incorrect statements on their social media channels.
In order to correctly reflect the circumstances of the contract termination, the contents of Mr Buckmaster’s termination letter are reproduced below:
-------- Original message --------
Date:06/02/2015 12:32 (GMT-07:00)
To: sheridan morais ,Martin Sheppard
Subject: 2015
Hello Sheridan
This is not an easy email to write but I am in a situation where I have no choice but to replace you in the team for this season. I know this is very late but I am under much pressure from my sponsors CIA Insurance to take Gino Rea in the team. If I do not they will reduce
my budget so this is the unfortunate position I find myself in.
That with the fact that Grellini have informed me that you had signed a contract with them. I cannot take the risk of any difficulties meaning you can't ride and me not being able to replace you.
I will do all in my power to find you another ride and as I know that Yaknich are running Honda's I will approach them. I am even prepared to consider building the engines for your bike if they will accept you as the rider.
We have to do what is best for us and I hope you can understand as I did when you felt you has to leave to rode a Kawasaki in 2013. .
I hope you can see that I have to act to protect our team and all the people that work in it.
I will call you after I have contacted Yaknich to see their position.
I will of course return the payment already made to us without delay.
Best regards
--
Simon Buckmaster
Team Manager
PTR Honda Teams
PTR Honda’s outrageous conduct has caused Morais substantial financial losses; sufficiently so for him to have instructed both South African and British lawyers to recover these losses from PTR Honda. Written demands have already been addressed to Buckmaster; however he has thus far neglected to deal with the consequences of his various breaches.
It bears mention that Sheridan is not the only rider to be victimised in this manner by the PTR management structure. Regular WSS rider Luca Marconi has also had his contract summarily terminated without good cause by Simon Buckmaster under similar circumstances, being replaced by another British rider at the last minute.
Under the stewardship of Mr Buckmaster there seems to be a systematic purging of non - British riders in the PTR Honda team, even after contracted riders have met their commercial obligations in terms of the agreements; under circumstances where there is not as much as even an allegation of a breach of the contract by the rider. Significantly, it would appear that this pattern of behaviour is not only condoned by the PTR Team primary sponsor, British company CIA Insurance based in London, but also instigated by them.
Inasmuch as this is not the first instance of similar conduct on the part of PTR Honda, the management team that supports Sheridan Morais and his sponsors have decided that both PTR Honda and Mr Buckmaster have now overstepped the mark, hence the decision to commence legal proceedings following Mr Buckmaster’s repudiation of the contract.
Issued by:
Emtek Management Services
Live like someone left the gate open.