Biker down in front of my house last night... made sure the cager was arrested

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacko

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Hildebrand & Wolfmuller (all models)
Fuck, I'm still a bit shaken. Here goes.

Last night I heard a moer of a bang in the street. Looked out the window and saw something burning seriously.

Some screamed: "Get a doctor!"

Half sleepy, half pissed I ran down the stairs, got the extinguisher and ran out.

Then I saw the crumpled, mangled biker in the road... and the silver Saab a bit further down the road. Fuck!

Two people were with the biker, I ran to the bike - some Aprilia - and started extinguishing the flames. Fire ext ampty, fire still raging. Other neighbour brings his ext and I sort the fire out (I am an ex fireman - s'true!).

Go back to biker. He's moaning. Right leg looks like snakes 'n ladders, new "knee joint" making leg park at sickening angle. :(

Eventually more people gather. Then I see the driver get in his car and drive off! I scream at a security guard to follow him (on one of the estates golf carts - NOT an ideal chase vehicle...) to see were he pulls in.

Later the SAP arrive, start asking questions (the right ones. As in "where is the driver?"). Then security take them to his house. The arrested him. Apparently he was ge-sous... :mad:

Had a look at the scene this morning. What I deduce is that the car cut the corner, the biker saw him, locked his brakes and dropped the bike (the paving stones are slippery like snot), slid into the car and the bike continued on its trajectory, exploding.

I gather all his belongings (gloves, BMW boots, etc) that the paramedics didn't cut to pieces and gave it to the people whom he had visited earlier the evening.

Okes please, these things happen farking fast. I'm not an angel, but we need to be reminded to ride defensively, ie, ALWAYS expect the unexpected.

Be careful out there, Dawgz!