KTM 690 Steering Damper Pin and Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Adventure R
I am busy installing a Highway Dirt Bikes rallye light tower on my 2014 690, which includes an integral mount for an Ohlins or Scotts damper on the lower handlebar clamp. Therefore, the only part I need aside from the damper itself is the lower pin and mounting plate which bolt onto the frame around the starter key.

However, when I went to RAD yesterday they said that the lower pin and mounting plate are not sold separately and I have to purchase a whole handlebar clamp set, which will include the pin and mounting plate - which costs +/- R5,000.00, over and above the cost of the damper itself!!! This will be useless to me obviously since I am already installing very specific handlebar clamps as part of my rallye build - all I need is the pin and plate, such as in this photo (taken from someone else's bike):

Does anyone know if this is true, or can I get the pin and mounting plate separately somewhere?