Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Ducati Scrambler Launch  (Read 6129 times)

Offline 2-Stroke

• Forum Vendor
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Britten (all models)
  • The Bike Show
    • The Bike Show
Re: Ducati Scrambler Launch
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2015, 11:12:01 am »
Hi there 2 Stroke
You must have the worst job in the world, I could imagin, having to shlep all over, going to new bike launches :biggrin:
Great report  ;D thanks for suffering through your job and the jet lag to bring it to us :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
DS

Actually, most of my job is staring at the back of aeroplane seats, airports and computer screens.

Even the guy at customs, who is usually harsh and overbearing, said "You're staying in the US for how long? You flew all the way here to spend a day and a half and then fly back again? Man, I'm glad I'm not you."

Hopefully I've drawn even a modicum of sympathy.  :biggrin:

Offline Rough Rider

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Hang time
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2015, 11:17:05 am »
Hi there 2 Stroke
You must have the worst job in the world, I could imagin, having to shlep all over, going to new bike launches :biggrin:
Great report  ;D thanks for suffering through your job and the jet lag to bring it to us :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
DS

Actually, most of my job is staring at the back of aeroplane seats, airports and computer screens.

Even the guy at customs, who is usually harsh and overbearing, said "You're staying in the US for how long? You flew all the way here to spend a day and a half and then fly back again? Man, I'm glad I'm not you."

Hopefully I've drawn even a modicum of sympathy.  :biggrin:

Good try  :-\
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM

Offline 2-Stroke

• Forum Vendor
  • Race Dog
  • The Bike Show
    • The Bike Show
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2015, 09:35:08 pm »
Today, we took the Scrambler to Chimes in the East Rand and got my mate Grant Frerichs do ride it around for a bit. The results were incredible, even in the soft sand.

I won't give away too much here, you'll have to buy Offroad & Adventure SA for that I'm afraid, but the low seat height makes it ever so easy to handle. This bike is truly tiny which makes it so effortless to manhandle. This was the standard Icon model, which means that the standard suspension did bottom out a little over the really big bumps, and that it would need the optional bash plate for the more adventurous offroad, but even with the standard tyres, it was good fun.

There will be pics of Grant doing things on it that most of us would be apprehensive about doing on a full on MX bike in the June issue of Offroad & Adventure SA, and it will be shown on The Bike Show on Ignition in the next few weeks.

Offline DIRT SKUNK

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
  • Hit the road open the throttle
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2015, 09:53:14 pm »
Hi 2 stroke
very little clearance in the soft stuff?
Thanks once again for the report
DS
Love is? Tarmac, throttle wide open! and the pipes screeming like banshees
understanding "Madness does not always howl! Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey,  theres room in your head for one more?"
Honda 175XL rode, broke, fixed, then sold ;CB900 Bol'd'Or sold; BMW r100T & CB1100XX Super Blackbird

Offline 2-Stroke

• Forum Vendor
  • Race Dog
  • The Bike Show
    • The Bike Show
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2015, 09:59:50 pm »
Hi 2 stroke
very little clearance in the soft stuff?
Thanks once again for the report
DS

Which is why you would need the bash plate. We went over some pretty sharp stuff today and it didn't case the sump, much of this is probably down to the short wheelbase, but it will probably need it if you're tackling some technical off-roading.

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2015, 01:37:28 am »
Looks really small, I think this bike should be a lot of fun!