Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Welcome to all G450X enthusiasts!Post pics.  (Read 21359 times)

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
Re: Welcome to all G450X enthusiasts!Post pics.
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2021, 11:01:28 am »
0298.3 on the speedometer @BiG DoM

That is an average of about 50kph. Do you know the history of the bike - used on road a lot? Hours are not really that high but km's seem more than usual - not a worry mind you.
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline Andrew_Smith

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
  • Soli Deo Gloria
Re: Welcome to all G450X enthusiasts!Post pics.
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2021, 09:55:01 pm »
0298.3 on the speedometer @BiG DoM

That is an average of about 50kph. Do you know the history of the bike - used on road a lot? Hours are not really that high but km's seem more than usual - not a worry mind you.

As far as I am aware, the bike was indeed used for racing enduro, 1st owner was a mechanic at Honda Racing. The second owner bought the bike right before lockdown and the bike was just standing in his garage at the coast, luckily no heavy rust that I can spot on the bike itself. The third owner got a knee injury so he too did not ride the bike a lot, I think that is why he wasn't even aware of the alternator issue.

So I think it is safe to say that the bike was ridden hard but still sounds mechanically fine but you can see on the cables that work has been done before.

But yeah, I am just hoping that it is just the alternator and nothing else once we open it. I really want to learn the bike and have some fun on it!
2009 BMW G450X w/ Factory Replica Sticker Kit (Sold)
2007 BMW G650X Challenge