Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Buying a new GSA  (Read 2753 times)

Offline GS12

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Buying a new GSA
« on: December 31, 2014, 10:18:38 am »
So I decided to buy a new GSA, not the best idea over silly season, but set forth none the less. What differing approaches the dealers have, some clearly just not interested in business with the same attitude Toyota had with their Hilux at one point of "I dont really care about selling to you as someone will walk in behind you and I will get my sale" to some salesmen, whom I have never dealt with before, treating you with mutual respect.

Big thumbs up to the Pretoria guys, including the KTM in Centurion, who were all great to deal with. As for my home province, BMW Umhlanga (whom I have bough some cars from too) really comming to the party with the "other" dealer clearly not interessted at all. Then BMW in Nelspruit (just way to far from me) but also really good sales approach from them!

As for the dealer there in the cape, why do you advertise GSA's even om gumtree and recently as the 26th and when someone calls you argue the fact that its std GS's whilst the add clearly is for GSA's with current pricing of R209450 whilst you cannot deliver at these prices as you dont have stock and wont have till way after the price increase has come into play in January, I dont get it....

Ah well, maybe thats why some sales people just do better than others.....just sharing, not intended as "bashing" for sensitive viewers

Offline DirtRebell

• Forum Whore
Re: Buying a new GSA
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 10:25:27 am »
Re the CT dealer - it's really a coffee shoppe. Don't take their bike stuff too seriously.

Offline TheBear

• KilRoy die haas!
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 10:35:52 am »
Re the CT dealer - it's really a coffee shoppe. Don't take their bike stuff too seriously.

Holy moly!  That type of dealership was so important to BMW Global that the CEO came out for the opening as it is the way BMW will take all their dealerships worldwide.  Amazing how different people see the same picture.  (Note:  Not saying you are wrong)
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Draadwerk

• Forum Whore
  • My job? Just something I do between rides....
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 11:26:02 am »
Buy from Nelspruit, fly to Kruger International, sleep over at my house, take delivery and ride it back to Umhlanga. Easy peaty!!!

Shall I tell the wife to get your room ready so long?

Offline GS12

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 01:16:36 pm »
Buy from Nelspruit, fly to Kruger International, sleep over at my house, take delivery and ride it back to Umhlanga. Easy peaty!!!

Shall I tell the wife to get your room ready so long?
lekker man...thanks for the offer though but Umhlanga should have a blue GSA soon, hopefully can then swop for a white one somewhere...

Offline GS12

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 12:39:00 pm »
And so the "coffee shoppe" is still running their ad (listed 02/01/2015)...do they have stock and can you buy right now at this price, NOPE, what is it with these guys >:(

http://www.gumtree.co.za/a-motorcycles-scooters/de-waterkant/bmw-r1200gs-adventure-l-c-new-+-donford-motorrad-cape-town/1001225895300910364038709

Offline nielvn

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 01:14:41 pm »
I think BMW is playing the market, keeping hungry. All dealers has shortage of k51's.

Offline GS12

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 01:22:20 pm »
I think BMW is playing the market, keeping hungry. All dealers has shortage of k51's.
true but some dealers are however upfront about the stock situation whilst "others" run adds at prices they cannot deliver at, now there is a word for that....

Offline T Rex

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 03:29:56 am »

I was told I will have to wait till mid January. The price increase is about R10k

Offline GS12

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 05:49:31 am »

I was told I will have to wait till mid January. The price increase is about R10k
and thats the real story, so why is this "premium" dealer so insistent on advertising something they dont have right now at a price they cant deliver at even when they do get stock??!!

Offline hedleyj

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2015, 06:42:15 am »
I was considering the possibility of trading my 2013 gsa for a new LC.

Went into the dealership and wandered around for a hour. Looked at some bikes, checked some gear out, fantasized about the 1600 GTL limited for R260k second hand.

AND THEN LEFT WITHOUT SO MUCH AS A LOOK OR GREETING FROM ANYONE.

They were all so busy talking to themselves the nuisance customer was ignored.

Oh well I'll possibly take a long weekend trip to nelspruit or somewhere.
I'm sure the sun goes around the earth twice a day.

Offline Kraizee

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2015, 07:11:02 am »
FYI

You can get a KTM 1190ADV R 2014 model from RAD (new) for R160k  :peepwall:

May be worth considering re the price increases and waiting on the GSA  >:D

Offline arno

• Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • Toppie......Gooi Mielies!!
    • http://www.kkkcycle.co.za
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2015, 07:15:10 am »
There is a white LC with less than 2000 km for sale on this forum
Fietse van die verlede: BMW F800GS ,BMW 1150 GS, Honda 305 cc, Honda 400 FOUR, Honda 550 FOUR, BMW 600/6

Tans:  Suzuki DR 650

Offline hedleyj

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2015, 07:29:59 am »
Thanks guys.

Two things that would be the influencer. new and 2015, if I change I want a 2015 spec & registered bike

I'm in no hurry and it is still in the consideration phase. My post was about the astounding service(lack thereof) form a premium dealer who sold me a bike two years ago.

Offline poenerhoes

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2015, 08:01:20 am »
I totally agree, why put up an ad when you know you won't be able to deliver the goods at the price. I have to say that when I bought from Donford Stellenbosch I was told right away that they do not have stock and that I would have to wait for delivery, I must also say that the service I was given at Donford Stellenbosch was indeed very very good.

Thanks Renier for your friendly , fast and professional service at Donford Stellenbosch.
Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose....

Offline GS12

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2015, 05:46:36 pm »
Still waiting for Donford to call back, as promised, pity the Cape guys....as for Bavarian in Pta, got al call today and picking up my GSA Saturday, thumbs up to Wouter at Bavarian :headbang:

Offline hedleyj

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2015, 08:25:36 pm »
Still waiting for Donford to call back, as promised, pity the Cape guys....as for Bavarian in Pta, got al call today and picking up my GSA Saturday, thumbs up to Wouter at Bavarian :headbang:

It's clearly better to do long distance deals. The locals don't seem to care about the locals.  >:(

Offline Garfield

• Deleted Users
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2015, 08:35:35 pm »
Donford voel fokkol vir jou, as jy wegstap is daar reeds iemand anders in die queue.

Offline GS12

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2015, 08:44:52 pm »
Donford voel fokkol vir jou, as jy wegstap is daar reeds iemand anders in die queue.
erens langs die pad byt die een jou in die gat

Offline Garfield

• Deleted Users
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2015, 08:46:41 pm »
erens langs die pad byt die een jou in die gat

Huh?