Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Tourance Next of Anakee 3  (Read 2683 times)

Offline DaveT

• Bike: Zero (all models)
  • This is my personal text
Re: Tourance Next of Anakee 3
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2015, 07:50:34 pm »
Don't forget the Mitas E08's....

Available for the LC yet? If so where and how much?

No Mitas for LC unfortunately.

Ok dan gaan ek 'n bietjie bal hang tot April, want dis 'n lekker band daai. Sal hom maar net eers warm nurse dat hy nie kraak nie.

Only in April according to the boys from Clarens :ricky:

Offline Frannarossi

• Vendor
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • karoorooster@gmail.com
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2015, 08:15:28 am »
I did some gravel last weekend with the Anakee 3's.I'm very impressed!Rear wheel spins a lot thought but the front stuck like glue through rocks,sandy patches etc...I think I'll keep them on the bike until they're wasted and put Karoo 3's on then...
If you don't live on the edge,you take up too much space!!!

Offline TCS

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2015, 08:25:18 am »
I have decided to put a 150R/110F combo E07's on my LC, one word GREAT off road genuine GREAT.....Really not bad on road, i must still do some tar twisties but i don't think that's what they are there for ...
As my gat jeuk krap ek hom met my bikes se seats!!!!

Current: '16 Honda CRF 1000 Arica Twin &  Honda VFR 1200 FD

Offline DaveT

• Bike: Zero (all models)
  • This is my personal text
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2015, 03:41:01 pm »
Don't forget the Mitas E08's....

Available for the LC yet? If so where and how much?

No Mitas for LC unfortunately.

Only in April according to the boys from Clarens :ricky:

Its April. Where and how much :peepwall:

Offline plaky

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2015, 11:15:39 am »
I have decided to put a 150R/110F combo E07's on my LC, one word GREAT off road genuine GREAT.....Really not bad on road, i must still do some tar twisties but i don't think that's what they are there for ...

TCS have you put the old spec size tyres on your LC rims? Do they fit? It will be much cheaper to do this as the cost if the 150 is cheaper than the 170. I am not sure the extra 20mm make that much of a difference in the riding that I do, mostly commuting and a trip once every 2 months! Any comments?

Offline Moondog

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
  • AKA : Tony
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2015, 02:54:51 pm »
20mm is likely to make a significant difference to how the tyre wears - it should heat up a lot more and therefor wear faster, and then as it wears, it is likely to square off a lot. It will be interesting to see what happens in practice.
Life is tough - get a helmet!

Offline plaky

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2015, 03:19:17 pm »
Got prices for back tyres yesterday from Trac Mac in Bellville, Anakee 3'S R2800 less my discount, eish!! Metzler Tourance ESP R2100 less my discount, guess what I am going to buy! How can there be such a difference between Metzler and Michelin! I commute every day and do the odd weekend ride and one 3 to 5 day trip per year!

Offline El Lobo

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Quo Vadis?
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2015, 03:47:35 pm »
What a huge disappointment to have discovered (quite a while ago already) that the Anakee 2 is no longer available (at least not in South Africa).

Granted I only did two heavily loaded trips, respectively 7500 km and 2000 km, with mine; the rest being solo or with a pillion, but I was hugely impressed. I replaced them with Heidenau Scout K60's at 20 000 km! Yes, twenty thousand km. The late Lodie de Jager swore by them (He did two trans - Africa trips and one 19 000 km trip through Siberia on Anakee 2's. 

The Heidenau's are good tyres (especially on gravel), but I can see that I'll be very fortunate should I get 15 000 km on the back. The Anakee 3 is far more tar orientated (80% tar 20% gravel) than its predecessor and I personally bewail the departure of the Anakee 2. You see, I do the occasional gravel road (love the Southern Cape gravel roads!), but spend most of my riding time doing long distances on tar. So, apart from wanting to feel safe in the wet, I'm also keen on getting good mileage on a tyre.

My next set of tyres? I'm not sure. After the Anakee 2 tyres, I would have liked to fit the Mitas E 07, but, as I've had my Tiger 800 XC rims converted to tubeless (Cytech) with a life time warrantee on workmanship, I couldn't fit a Mitas E 07 as a front tyre. The E 07's do not come as tubeless for the 90/90/21.

Quo Vadis?