XR650R theoretical amageza build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2wdrift

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
So I have a 02 XR650R, and I would like to do the amageza.

Now my questions are as follows:

Fuel capacity: How much would be enough and when would it become too much weight?
Cooling: I have seen the coolant temp rise very high during normal use in slow technical riding, would a aftermarket fan help?
Lighting: The current headlight is about as good at lighting your way in the dark as a firefly in a jam jar. What would work?
Electric output: For the two above issues I would require a higher output, will run the lights permanently on to use whatever power is generated.
Power: My bike is basically just uncorked, I like the idea of getting a hotter cam, doing some polishing work to the head and an fcr carb. Any ideas or advice?
Suspension: Hilton or someone similar should be able to help me get a setup I am very comfortable with.
Comfort: I was thinking about doing a basic setup that offers a bit of wind protection but is basic enough to be repairable with wire and pliers. Any ideas on aftermarket seats or people in the pretoria area that could custom make me one?

Are there any area's or points that I overlooked and any and all advice would be very much appreciated.

This is all still in theory and I have not yet decided to try and do this just yet. Many factors would play a part in the decision but it would mostly depend on my own health.